Star Wars: Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best considered suicide

Quintus

2 hours ago, Holko said:

he had some pretty good moments in Sith when he just had to look silently

Not really.

He always falls back on "tilt head forward, try to stare at own forehead."

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

On day, TLJ will be re-evalued, and will considered to be the masterpiece that[...]it is.

Not really, either.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Two less actors on social media, is not necessarily a bad thing...

On day, TLJ will be re-evalued, and will considered to be the masterpiece that all its current adherents and supporters claim that it is.

I both disagree and agree with this post. 

3 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

It will be seen as a good movie, one unique with its themes in an age of deified nostalgia!

Thematically it is almost completely based on Empire, unlike Force Awakens, which is not really based on A New Hope.

I ran into this article the other day: http://observer.com/2018/07/film-crit-hulk-the-beautiful-ugly-and-possessive-hearts-of-star-wars/

It's a bit long and somewhat all over the place, but it makes a lot of fascinating points as well.

Worth a read, as far as I'm concerned.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:58 PM, Richard said:

On day, TLJ will be re-evalued, and will considered to be the masterpiece that all its current adherents and supporters claim that it is.

That will be after the SE has been released.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, John said:

My god, I just cannot stand this super vocal branch of the Star Wars fandom that does nothing but complain and harass people. I can't believe some of these people are functioning members of society when they're not posting this crap online.

This is the fanbase that:

Drove Jake Lloyd insane

Made Hayden Christensen quit acting

Made Ahmed Best consider suicide

Drove Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran off social media

Is continually harassing Rian Johnson, a good guy with no hate towards fans, on Twitter day in and day out

It's times like this when I hate Star Wars.

Yes, it's still Jerry.

31 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Star Wars just isn't very good.

The generational shift in the media from boomers to genx/millennial means that instead of talking about Star Wars as a diverting entertainment it is talked about with religious-like reverence.  It's a shift I'm uncomfortable with.

Just compare watching someone like Letterman or Carson interviewing Hamill and Fisher in the 80s, when they almost had to be embarrassed to be talking about silly space popcorn movies, to now when Kimmel and Colbert are practically kissing the feet in cast interviews and acting like these are people who have been spoken to by God.

32 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Star Wars just isn't very good.

Star Wars itself is okay, at least.

But the fandom apparently not so much.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The generational shift in the media from boomers to genx/millennial means that instead of talking about Star Wars as a diverting entertainment it is talked about with religious-like reverence.  It's a shift I'm uncomfortable with.

Fair point.

Something sensibly in the middle would be nice!

It's funny new Star Wars supposedly prides itself on being progressive and SJW-y and all that, but until Rey gets a girlfriend, or Finn and Poe hook up, I call bullshit on that. 

In fact, here's Rey's girlfriend! I'll name her...Hope! Rey and Hope! Get it? :P

Related image

Image result for emmy rossum gif