Jerry Goldsmith THE MUMMY Intrada 2CD set!!!

Brundlefly

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Wait a minute - Airplane Flight is tracked from Rebirth? Why is it then indicated as "previously not released"?

I'm not sure but it definitely is tracked.

Although it says Reel 12 for "Airplane Ride" no official number.  I think it means it was editorially created.  

The editorially created tracked cues for AOTC have slates.

But the Credits properly lists where its pieces are from. Maybe Airplane Ride is one of those extra cues where Goldsmith was so fed up he just recorded or cut out a segment of Rebirth and didn't bother giving it a proper slate?

5 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Here’s cue assembly list for The Mummy. 

EC8A4CDF-C4A4-4BA8-AF17-9D41DB089CC2.jpeg

Let me know wgat do you think about The Valley of Gwangi, Mark. I'm interested in this one.

Karol

6 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Here’s cue assembly list for The Mummy. 

EC8A4CDF-C4A4-4BA8-AF17-9D41DB089CC2.jpeg

Do the liner notes solve any mystery about Jerry's opinion about the film and the scoring process? Is it indicated which cues were part if the additionally requested 20 minutes or so?

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, get ready, because there's another specialty label release coming out this year that does it too!

Wow, did you just indicate that The Chamber of Secrets will have the tracked music in its main program?

17 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Do the liner notes solve any mystery about Jerry's opinion about the film and the scoring process?

There is no 'mystery'. JG told some guys in one or two sentences how he found the whole experience shitty in a pre-concert talk in Barbican Hall, he didn't write a thesis on it.

6 minutes ago, publicist said:

There is no 'mystery'. JG told some guys in one or two sentences how he found the whole experience shitty in a pre-concert talk in Barbican Hall, he didn't write a thesis on it.

But it's unclear whether he complained about the movie itself (why that one of all he scored) or Sommer's request to overload the movie with music.

Closed Door, Sand Storm and Escape from the Tomb clearly belong to the later added music, since they consist entirely of existing material and I know Goldsmith good enough to know that he would have left these scenes unscored.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

But it's unclear whether he complained about the movie itself (why that one of all he scored) or Sommer's request to overload the movie with music.

I think you overreach here. Goldsmith was an old industry pro, he knew what the 'Mummy' was, it just didn't sit well with him. The guy scored 'The Swarm' 21 years earlier, so he certainly knew how a wretched piece of shit really looked and felt.

Am I supposed to care if Jerry liked a movie or not?  Williams probably thought Phantom Menace, that same year, was dogshit.  It didn’t stop him from writing a great score for it.

I’m still not even sure that Williams particularly cares for movies at all, as a general thing.  Other composers talk much more about film as a medium than he ever does.

5 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Closed Door, Sand Storm and Escape from the Tomb clearly belong to the later added music, since they consist entirely of existing material and I know Goldsmith good enough to know that he would have left these scenes unscored.

Not seeing your logic there at all, at least for the latter two - they sound very unique compositions to me.

I would've assumed that the non-action scenes would be the ones to be originally unscored. Although with the type of movie this is (i.e. popcorn, and not being so pretentious as to try to go without music) it actually comes across to me as scored a bit lightly. 1/4 of the film has either no score, or source.

Compare to Silvestri's which is way heavier scoring.

24 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

It's sort of Army of Darkness-lite.

It's really not much like it at all.  The humor and tone are so different.  It's also better.  Army of Darkness is a fun bad movie.  I'll watch Evil Dead 2 if I want good Raimi.

Drag Me to Hell is probably my favorite Sam Raimi movie, but I recognize I'm in the minority on that. Purely subjective on my part. Something about it resonates with me, especially the ending.

1 minute ago, kaseykockroach said:

It has some good cheese that's lacking in most superhero movies of its kind, I'll give ya that. 

Yes!  I buy Tobey as a total cheesy dweeb.  The current Speederman I do like, but I don't buy him as a dork.

10 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Severin, don't do it...you promised, no more Bryce Dallas Howard posts...don't do it...don't...

Image result for daffy duck gif

Bryce Dallas Howard is a big beautiful perfect woman and that's exactly the image size she deserves at the very least.

...but yeah, I'll figure it out one of these days.

So, Sev, how many times a day do you think about her?

DhjBpTdW4AAnl6t.jpg