One time offer! Would you sell your entire JW collection for 2,500 Euro?

Josh500

Would you sell your entire JW collection (just the CDs) for 2,500 Euro?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell your entire JW collection (just the CDs) for 2,500 Euro?

2,500 Euro is around 2,900 USD or 2,200 GBP!

Just the CDs, not the mp3 or FLAC files or whatever, or the downloads.

Well? 2,500 Euro is a lot of money! 😂 

My current collection was bought for about 300€, contains only one OOP item  (JP collection), so I wouldn't sell it because I'd feel bad for scamming someone so hard! :P 

I guess it depends on how large your collection is.

But I assume any serious JW fan owns around 100 JW CDs. At least.

Personally I have around 180 CDs, including all the BPO albums and expanded releases. And no, I wouldn't sell my collection. Not even for 10,000 Euro.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want (except an excuse to brag about your JW collection). If you're looking for my JW collection, I can tell you I don't have it for sale... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career of collecting JW albums. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this inquiry go now, that will be the end of it.

- Freely after the classic Taken :)

Nope. Not for sale at any price at the present moment. Although I do have a couple of individual JW things up for sale or giveaway.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nope. Not for sale at any price at the present moment. Although I do have a couple of individual JW things up for sale or giveaway.

What kind of things? Polo sweaters, strands of hair? Dibs on the sweater!

38 minutes ago, John said:

Considering my physical collection of JW music consists of only 4 CDs, my answer is yes. 

Which 4 CDs? 

The 4 different releases of E.T.? :D

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I think those who own less than 10 John Williams CDs are just casual listeners of JW. Not a fan.

Tell that to my digital JW music collection!

28 minutes ago, John said:

Tell that to my digital JW music collection!

So you downloaded your collection from iTunes or amazon, or what? 

30 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

My JW CD collection is worth way, way, waaaaaaay more than a measly 2500 Euro, so no.

How much?

€2,500 is probably roughly what I paid for it over the years, perhaps slightly less than what I paid (depending on how heavily limited releaes vs. bargains factor into it). And no, I wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

So you downloaded your collection from iTunes or amazon, or what? 

Mostly MP3s, as well as a few iTunes albums I’ve amassed over the years. 

6 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

€2,500 is probably roughly what I paid for it over the years, perhaps slightly less than what I paid (depending on how heavily limited releaes vs. bargains factor into it). And no, I wouldn't.

Really? Including all the Limited Edition albums, with shipping costs etc.?

How many JW albums do you have approximately? Also 180? I don't think there's many more than that. 

8 hours ago, Loert said:

"CDs"? What are these "CDs" you speak of? :blink:

None of your beeswax! 😂 

Is this a purely hypothetical question or are you selling your collection?

38 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Is this a purely hypothetical question or are you selling your collection?

Just a hypothetical question. I already said I wouldn't sell mine. ;)

I have 66 JW albums and just a few of them are expansions. So yes, since my collection is probably less worth than $2,500.

My JG collection, however, consists of 80 albums and most of them are expansions, so that one would probably exceed the price.

6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Really? Including all the Limited Edition albums, with shipping costs etc.?

How many JW albums do you have approximately? Also 180? I don't think there's many more than that. 

They fill roughly three rows in my shelf, and a row fits roughly 50 CDs, so about 150. At a total of €2,500 that comes down to €16.66 per CD, which is curiously pretty much exactly the regular price of a CD in the pre-Euro days. Obviously, special and limited editions are priced higher than that, but I don't really recall how many of the others I got at reduced prices. I also wouldn't know how to factor in shipping costs, considering they're always split among multiple CDs, and have changed a lot over the years.

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I have 66 JW albums and just a few of them are expansions. So yes, since my collection is probably less worth than $2,500.

My JG collection, however, consists of 80 albums and most of them are expansions, so that one would probably exceed the price.

So would you consider yourself more of a JG fan than a JW fan?

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The market for second hand CD's is at an all-time low! Your collection is pretty much worthless.

The collection is greater than the sum of its parts! 

29 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

But many titles would be OOP!

Exactly!

For example the Hook and Jurassic Park expanded editions are very hard to get now. 

1 hour ago, fommes said:

I would sell it for 250000 euros.

I would too, probably. :D

I would start seriously considering selling it from 50,000 Euro upward.

5 hours ago, Josh500 said:

So would you consider yourself more of a JG fan than a JW fan?

There's just more JG than JW to be collected. Especially counting all the Goldsmith scores that got multiple expansions over the years. Counting roughly in shelf rows, I have slightly more than 200 Goldsmith CDs.

8 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

There's just more JG than JW to be collected. Especially counting all the Goldsmith scores that got multiple expansions over the years. Counting roughly in shelf rows, I have slightly more than 200 Goldsmith CDs.

That's quite an impressive collection!

So do you listen to JG more (more hours) than to JW? After all, in terms of quantity, JG probably composed more hours of music.

8 hours ago, Josh500 said:

So do you listen to JG more (more hours) than to JW? After all, in terms of quantity, JG probably composed more hours of music.

It changes. I have phases where I listen to a lot by a certain composer, and other phases where I only listen to other stuff. I did have a longer phase where I rarely listened to Williams for a long time (over a year?), and when I did, it mostly the non-blockbuster stuff, simply because I've heard it all so many times, and so much of it is on the lengthier and overall louder side. Which doesn't mean I don't appreciate it for being that way, I just don't put it on so often. I haven't listened to E.T. and the Indiana Jones scores a lot for years, although I definitely count them among my favourites. By contrast, Goldsmith's more streamlined (and generally shorter) stuff seems easier to spontaneously fit into a playlist, so during that phase, I played a lot of Goldsmith and not much Williams. According to last.fm, I've played a lot more Williams over the last year than Goldsmith, but nearly twice as much Goldsmith since I joined. (Although that ranking is quite fuzzy because it only counts the number of played tracks, which also causes most classical music to be ranked much lower than it should be).

On 7/23/2018 at 11:14 AM, Josh500 said:

I would start seriously considering selling it from 50,000 Euro upward.

But... you could literally buy everything back and have an insane profit margin...

14 hours ago, King Mark said:

it took a lifetime to acquire my collection. Why would I ever sell it

Because you can keep the ripped sound files.