Braveheart vs. Titanic - which score do you like the most?

Which score do you like the most?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which score do you like the most?

I listen to Titanic a lot more. I like its structure and it has a lot of killer action tracks.

That said, I consider Braveheart - particularly its finale - to be one of Horner's masterpieces.

It might not be a "cool" position to take, but DiCaprio is one of the best actors currently working.  Between Django and Wolf of Wall Street, he's still at the top of my list for Hollywood stars.  And while I didn't much like The Revenant, he was damn impressive in it.  I cannot wait to see him in the next Tarantino.

Agreed, Titanic is a very good movie, a must-see (not a masterpiece though), 3 out of 4 stars. But the score is mostly just poor and banal - ersatz pretty much everything. I would single out Titanic as a career low for Horner, not a high. 1995 and the duo of Braveheart and Apollo 13 was on the other hand indeed a high.

Titanic is one of his weaker scores, Braveheart is one of his best, so the choice is easy.

I might add that I pretty much never listen to either score, especially not Titanic - the same can be said about all other Horner music too, I am not a big fan of him at all even if he could be good.

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It might not be a "cool" position to take, but DiCaprio is one of the best actors currently working.  Between Django and Wolf of Wall Street, he's still at the top of my list for Hollywood stars.  And while I didn't much like The Revenant, he was damn impressive in it.  I cannot wait to see him in the next Tarantino.

I agree with Disco Stu!

Neither score is in my top 10 Horner.  I don't know which I like more; both are full of epic passages, and passages I tend to want to skip past.

I maybe like Braveheart more.  I should revisit the LLL edition of each

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Neither score is in my top 10 Horner.  I don't know which I like more; both are full of epic passages, and passages I tend to want to skip past.

I maybe like Braveheart more.  I should revisit the LLL edition of each

What are your favourite Horner scores Jay?

18 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Just like your avatar!

To be honest, the shark in the avatar is the bait...

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

Well, AVATAR beats both of them, IMO.

What's the best parts of Avatar? I've clearly not listened to it thoroughly enough.

28 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

What are your favourite Horner scores Jay?

In no particular order: Aliens, Star Trek 2, The Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Krull, Willow, Sneakers, Search for Spock, not sure exactly what would round of my top 10

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm not sure if the lower one can be called a shark

Well beg your pardon Dr. Grant, but in that case your avatar doesn't make any fu*king sense.

If that isn't a Jurassic Shark, what's the point?

Maybe you need to borrow one of Drax's avatars until you get yourself sorted.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

In no particular order: Aliens, Star Trek 2, The Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Krull, Willow, Sneakers, Search for Spock, not sure exactly what would round of my top 10

Titanic & Braveheart!

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's called the Jurassic Shark paradox.

Oh crikey. First the patented @Bilbo likes, and now the Jurassic Shark paradox.

You fancy boys and your self-involved boutique memes.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

No love for Cocoon?

7 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Titanic & Braveheart!

I also like Amazing Spider-man, Wolf Totem, Avatar, Living in the Age of Airplanes, and Honey I Shrunk the Kids a lot too!

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Oh crikey. First the patented @Bilbo likes, and now the Jurassic Shark paradox.

You fancy boys and your self-involved boutique memes.

Well, ever heard about the Nick Conundrum?