John Williams officially confirmed for Star Wars, Episode IX!

JohnnyD

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!BREAKING NEWS!!

Peter Golub replaces John Williams as composer on the upcoming 'Star Wars - Episode IX'. Williams dropped out of the film due to 'scheduling conflicts,' according to a statement from Disney. Golub replaces Williams, who regrettably pulled out of work on the epic sci-fi film and decided to focus on Steven Spielberg's 'West Side Story'. Peter Golub is one of the most respected and renowned composers in film today.

This is Donna's post, obviously a joke,

I am also unaware of Donna Lackluster every doing anything wrong on this forum.  He/she simply stopped posting here after a while

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I am also unaware of Donna Lackluster every doing anything wrong on this forum.  He/she simply stopped posting here after a while

Implying what? And: "He"?

40 minutes ago, Jay said:

You are aware that not everyone who claims to be a female on the internet actually is one, yes?

You're saying her Facebook photos of herself are actually of some other person?

37 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No reason to assume otherwise though 

I completely agree - I have no idea what the truth is (and don't really care).

15 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

You're saying her Facebook photos of herself are actually of some other person?

I barely use Facebook so have no clue what pictures might be up there now, but the ones from years ago were all cribbed from some some Norwegian girl's blog or whatever.  Stefan figured it out, I hope he doesn't mind me saying.

10 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

A disgraced former JWFanner.

Aren't all JWFanners disgraced?

7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Every former JWFan is disgraced.  Every active JWFan too for that matter.

Ahhhh. There it is!

6 hours ago, Richard said:

So, basically... were all fucked.

If only...

So should we change the thread title? John Williams officially drops out of Star Wars Episode IX ?

Seriously though, is it even conceivable that WSS could blank out Williams' schedule for 14 entire months? I had no doubt he'd be involved in some capacity but struggle to believe there's enough work involved to warrant that much of his time. What's he planning to do? Orchestrate every song from scratch, write new bridging cues between songs, and record the entire thing before shooting even begins (so they can play the final music on set for the performers)?

As @Cerebral Cortex mentioned above, Williams has too much class to just drop out of a project he already agreed to score just because something else comes along that he prefers. If he was truly desperate enough to drop Star Wars, he'd almost certainly arrange another Solo-type situation with Powell/Giacchino as an understudy while he writes new themes and key cues.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nah, I'm not that tanned.

:lol:

Must be one of those Norwegians that doesn't actually live in Norway. Do you get ample sun to develop a tan?

The turn of events suggests otherwise. At the time of his sacking, Desplat probably had most of the score in the can (recorded even). If the powers that be had wanted to have him stay on, the adjustments due to new cuts etc. could have been made by committee. But they chose to throw out what was written over a period of months and were in favour of a rush job by a new man. It's very unlikely that a diplomat like Desplat stormed off like Bennie Herrmann and made himself impossible to deal with. So it's obvious that they just chose to sack him for not being overly happy with him.

14 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

If John Powell scores this thing, maybe I'll actually buy the album! Huzzah! Can't wait!

If john powell will score this I'll commit a suicide. No more syth perc in the glorious musical world of SW.🍻🍺

She did it again. 

Screenshot_20181012-103226.jpg