John WIlliams conducting Star Wars Prequel Music?

obijonkenobi

Does anyone know if there are any cds or radio broadcasts of Williams conducting Across The Stars, Anakins Theme or Battle Of The Heroes live? Has he ever even included them in his concerts? I can't seem to find anything.

Apologizes for not really related but this thread just reminded me of the first time I heard Battle of the Heroes (aside from the terrible ringtone coming out/leaking a few days before the film) was a a video recording of a live performance of BotH conducted not by JW, performed not by the London Symphony and with no choir. It was very odd.

10 hours ago, obijonkenobi said:

Does anyone know if there are any cds or radio broadcasts of Williams conducting Across The Stars, Anakins Theme or Battle Of The Heroes live? Has he ever even included them in his concerts? I can't seem to find anything.

Yes, he conducted all three pieces several times in Boston, Chicago and LA.

A list of all the recent concerts of JW that have been recorded and broadcasted:  http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/concerts.htm

These three pieces from The Phantom Menace have been performed in concert by John Williams in 1999:

The Flag Parade from The Phantom Menace; Anakin's Theme from The Phantom Menace; Duel Of The Fates from The Phantom Menace; 

PS: Don't ask me for the recording, I don't have it. In fact, if someone have this recording, please PM me!

5 hours ago, Bespin said:

A list of all the recent concerts of JW that have been recorded and broadcasted:  http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/concerts.htm

These three pieces from The Phantom Menace have been performed in concert by John Williams in 1999:

The Flag Parade from The Phantom Menace; Anakin's Theme from The Phantom Menace; Duel Of The Fates from The Phantom Menace; 

PS: Don't ask me for the recording, I don't have it. In fact, if someone have this recording, please PM me!

Thanks! And I would also appreciate a PM if anyone has it.

A Choirless Battle Of The Heroes exists on the Star Wars Symphonic Suites CD that came out in Japan this year, odd indeed. I like it though.

10 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Yes, he conducted all three pieces several times in Boston, Chicago and LA.

You wouldn't happen to have recordings of any of these concerts would you? Asking for a friend....