SAVING PRIVATE RYAN 20th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's always good to have another JW release, but is there really much unreleased music at all?

I was just about to ask the same - I thought the original sountrack already had all the music used in the film? :huh: Well, apparently not.

EDIT: Come to think of it - maybe bonus tracks simply means some alternate takes, film versions of cues or similar.

I don't know anything about the few seconds of missing music, but just to have Hymn to the Fallen, Revisiting Normandy, Omaha Beach, and the Last Battle in better sound quality is worth the price of admission (not that the original sound quality was bad)!

Ordering it on release day!

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

I don't know anything about the few seconds of missing music, but just to have Hymn to the Fallen, Revisiting Normandy, Omaha Beach, and the Last Battle in better sound quality is worth the price of admission!

How are you sure that the sound will be better?

It doesn't say remastered or anything anywhere yet.

38 minutes ago, Maglorfin said:

EDIT: Come to think of it - maybe bonus tracks simply means some alternate takes, film versions of cues or similar.

Or maybe just some dialogue... Or that Lincoln letter read by Tom Hanks or something. 😂 God, I hope not.

33 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

It would be nice if they included that Edith Piaf song (was there other source music too?), but I'm almost sure Williams wouldn't allow it..

He's allowed it for several OSTs.

3 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

How are you sure that the sound will be better?

It doesn't say remastered or anything anywhere yet.

Well, it usually is better on these LLL releases, isn't it? 

Empire of the Sun, Hook, A.I., Jurassic Park, 1941, etc.

The Star Wars scores are owned by Disney now and any expansions would come out on Disney Records, not a specialty label.

Just now, Brundlefly said:

Maybe Johnny originally scored the battle scenes with pumping action music, but when Steven turned that idea down, he found it embarassing to release the music on the OST.;):crymore::sarcasm:

Not having any music during the beech scene was absolutely the correct choice.

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Not having any music during the beech scene was absolutely the correct choice.

Of course, it was. Watch Gladiator and you see the wrong choice during the battle scenes.

PS: Why did you add two smileys to my post?

3 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Of course, it was. Watch Gladiator and you see the wrong choice during the battle scenes.

PS: Why did you add two smileys to my post?

I must have hit them by accident. Wasn’t intentional! 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's always good to have another JW release, but is there really much unreleased music at all?

Indeed. Even for those who blindly obsess over expanded releases, I'd think there wasn't much left unreleased from the original release. But I see that there are apparently at least two tracks, according to what Jay said.

Weird.

Just now, Thor said:

Indeed. Even for those who blindly obsess over expanded releases, I'd think there wasn't much left unreleased from the original release.

This one time most people agree with you on the necessity of this expansion.

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Anybody ever notice that in this scene, at around 0:56, right after old Ryan says "They wanted to come with me..." the clarinet does a slight flourish in the background, just as the female family member in the background moves to the other side?

This has always struck me and fascinated me, somehow. The attention to detail is really mind-blowing. I mean, wow.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Indeed. Even for those who blindly obsess over expanded releases, I'd think there wasn't much left unreleased from the original release.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

EDIT: Okay, something is going wrong with my computer.