SAVING PRIVATE RYAN 20th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

I respectfully wonder why such things happen with this kind of releases. I mean, I would make sure that any JW release is available when planned because of the high eemand, while some unimportant 1950 title should receive less priority.

5 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I respectfully wonder why such things happen with this kind of releases. I mean, I would make sure that any JW release is available when planned because of the high eemand, while some unimportant 1950 title should receive less priority.

In general, and not just for JW titles, I don't like the concept that they take money from the customers not just before shipping the items (which would be fine), but even before receiving the items from the manufacturer. If they say that an item will start shipping on day X, as a customer I assume that they physically have all the CDs already.

Well we are in essence waiting for perhaps 2 minutes of extra music and liner notes so I think I can wait for this release arrive in its good time.

40 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well we are in essence waiting for perhaps 2 minutes of extra music and liner notes so I think I can wait for this release arrive in its good time.

Sure, the reason why I'm a bit annoyed is that I have ordered SPR together with some other stuff (I always group LLL orders to minimize shipping costs to Europe), so I've made a rather large order. Because of the SPR delay, the whole order is delayed. And as a matter of principle, I don't find it correct to sell something before you have it ready to be packed and shipped. I would accept it only if they took the money at the moment the items are shipped, but this is not the case.

11 minutes ago, Score said:

Sure, the reason why I'm a bit annoyed is that I have ordered SPR together with some other stuff (I always group LLL orders to minimize shipping costs to Europe), so I've made a rather large order. Because of the SPR delay, the whole order is delayed. And as a matter of principle, I don't find it correct to sell something before you have it ready to be packed and shipped. I would accept it only if they took the money at the moment the items are shipped, but this is not the case.

A fair point.

Ryan is in stock and starting to ship. We will be getting them out fast as possible. The monkeys are even working the weekend!

MV

Anybody got theirs yet?

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Via quote: The monkeys are even working the weekend!

LLL has monkey slaves working overtime for this? As a animal lover, I say give the monkeys time and don't overwork them.

Mine came... I never got a shipping confirmation, though. The order status did not change either. Well, hopefully they get the message I sent to cancel my reorder.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

Enjoy the bonus tracks and liner notes, and report back with your thoughts!

I read the liner notes. Very insightful look at the making of the score, as well as a reflective history of Spielberg's collaboration with the Maestro in relation to the subject of World War II. This 20th anniversary reissue is commemorated to those who served and who gave their lives for our freedom.

The slight remaster of John Williams' music really shows. It is slightly more clear. The bonus tracks are a delight to have, and the remastered sound of the two cues is made clear. I shed a tear or two reading the liner notes. Of course, I shed a few tears listening to the Maestro's score.

The only things I'm really curious about are the (a) improved sound quality, and (b) the liner notes/artwork.

I know the missing music. That's heard in the movie. So no surprises there.

13 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Guess we know you haven't bothered to read the trumpet concerto Kickstarter thread!

Not for a few days

13 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Hale and hearty

Hale?

No shipping notice yet. I am sure they are sending them out as fast as they can though.

7 minutes ago, Darth Porkins said:

Sorry I don't get it. 

The whole CD is great though. 

This LLL set has only two minutes of new music! Everything else is on the OS album. That's what I meant.