SAVING PRIVATE RYAN 20th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I believe tablecloths are forbidden in Finland.

We don't believe in tablecloths here. Our tables are just fine and beautiful without frivolous luxury items like tablecloths! Thank you very much! :pfft:

5 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

LLL loves me so much they sent me two separate shipments of SPR and Sup IV 🤣

They're gift copies to give away to your JWFan friends ;) 

31 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

LLL loves me so much they sent me two separate shipments of SPR and Sup IV 🤣

Has this ever happened to anyone on here?  I've reached out to them to inquire about how to send them back, thankfully I wasn't double-billed for them.  :)

Perhaps it's Josh's copy. ;)

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I proofread the liner notes and Miguel and Maurizio helped locate old  articles with quotes from Williams discussing the score.

Oh, is that all? 

I thought you guys helped write the score.... 😂:P

41 minutes ago, Incanus said:

We don't believe in tablecloths here. Our tables are just fine and beautiful without frivolous luxury items like tablecloths! Thank you very much! :pfft:

He speaketh against the Tablecloth!

Well I have now listened to the whole thing through. I continue to love this score and was again reminded how brilliant The Last Battle is with those wonderful brass solos and duets. This was the first time hearing the film version which I think I might prefer to the album one. There is a strong sense of inevitable (if somehow tender and gentle) end and closure to the tone of the whole composition which I adore, right from the first notes. I admire how Williams can conjure it up so easily. 

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I have now listened to the whole thing through. I continue to love this score and was again reminded how brilliant The Last Battle is with those wonderful brass solos and duets. This was the first time hearing the film version which I think I might prefer to the album one. There is a strong sense of inevitable (if somehow tender and gentle) end and closure to the tone of the whole composition which I adore, right from the first notes. I admire how Williams can conjure it up so easily. 

Yea, Spielberg's instincts for asking what part of what cues to be changed (usually to be more emotional) are pretty spot on.  I'm glad he asked for this one.

It takes a bit getting used to the High School Teacher (Film Version) since it has been years since I saw the film last time and I have listened to the album edit *gasp* for 20 years now (I feel old).

24 minutes ago, Incanus said:

It takes a bit getting used to the High School Teacher (Film Version) since it has been years since I saw the film last time and I have listened to the album edit *gasp* for 20 years now (I feel old).

I hope you took a few breaks during all those years.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

You are old. We are all old.

I feel like the average JWfan member is getting older and older.

Didn't this place used to be full of young people, even teens?

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I feel like the average JWfan member is getting older and older.

Didn't this place used to be full of young people, even teens?

Well, I think we have something of a brat pack of teens and 20-somethings going here.

There's me, Nick, John, Will, Holko....

Huh, maybe we do need to get some more young blood in here.

3 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Well, I think we have something of a brat pack of teens and 20-somethings going here.

and @kaseykockroach, how could I forget about him!

I'm flattered that anyone here remembers me when I am not present, but I am confused as to why I've been mentioned in this case.

Also, I'm a 26-year old virgin! I'm not young! I tie my own sandals and everything!

9 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Probably every now and again to pee.

Yeah 20 years non-stop listening to Saving Private Ryan. That is exactly what I meant. Without a break for anything.

1 hour ago, The Five Tones said:

Maybe. I'm a professional musician who has worked with audio/remastering for over 30yrs, so as they say I ain't playin' B

If you hear a difference - great!

I doubt anyone else will though.

It’ll be easier to pick up the differences in the film versions where there’s actual, substantial difference.

For example, I thought that @Incanus made a great contribution in saying that he preferred the album version over the film version.

17 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

If you're referring to @Nick1066, he's more like 90. Not that there's anything wrong about that! :)

On 9/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Jay said:

I proofread the liner notes and Miguel and Maurizio helped locate old  articles with quotes from Williams discussing the score.

Would it be rude of me to point out the misspelling of Janusz Kaminski’s surname on page 10 of the booklet, Jay? 😂

Pretty sure it's in the best interest of everybody to spend their energy on making the next Williams release happen as opposed to fixing a minor typo on the last Williams release.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

Pretty sure it's in the best interest of everybody to spend their energy on making the next Williams release happen as opposed to fixing a minor typo on the last Williams release.

they could hire me to fix the booklet, like I did with Jurassic Park.

As much as I snark on about this release, I suppose it's somewhat similar to their releasing The Pagemaster. In that case, there wasn't much of anything new to release (begging the question why they bothered), but it turned out I really appreciated the sound remastering! Especially since I didn't own that score in the first place, and that release turned out to be a great impulse buy! So, what the hey.