Danny Elfman's MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - 2019 2CD La-La Land Edition

Jay

31 minutes ago, OneBuckFilms said:

Given that this is apparently Elfman's socre without the Silvestri rejected material, do we know how much music is missing from the score album?

I don't know... 20 minutes? Plus I suspect a lot of the album tracks will have a different mix to the film versions so perhaps the original album will be included?

Karol

The entire OST album is a remix from the film mix (apart from one track IIRC), so I'd guess the 2CD set is complete score + bonus tracks on disc 1, OST album remastered on disc 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is it Paramount's fault?  Tom Cruise's?  The "Point Music" label that released the score CD after "Mother Records" released the first song OST that had 3 score cuts?

Or maybe they’re waiting for Cruise to sign off on something and he’s busy with the Top Gun sequel?

50 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

Or maybe they’re waiting for Cruise to sign off on something and he’s busy with the Top Gun sequel?

The most likely cause. I remember MV said it took Kevin Costner over a year to approve the artwork for Wyatt Earp. 

I don't think they would have put the cover on their 500 releases poster if it wasn't approved by everyone who needed to approve it.

It's probably some other rights situation.

transparent.gif
transparent.gif
icon1.gif  Posted:   Jul 31, 2019 - 9:23 AM     
   By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

Update today from MV when a user mentioned it and the other score on the poster art that have not been released yet:

"Not happening any time soon"

I meant adv of batman and robin

Oh, so MV quoted the wrong post when he wrote that?

Ok then, that's good news!  Well, good news for Danny Elfman fans.  It's bad news for Shirley Walker fans :(

transparent.gif
transparent.gif
icon1.gif  Posted:   Jul 31, 2019 - 9:30 AM     
   By:   Jeff Bond   (Member)

MV's reference was not to Mission: Impossible. Which BTW is the longest-gestating album project I've ever been involved with.

transparent.gif

Yeah, definitely a mistake!

On 7/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, Jay said:

Ok then, that's good news!  Well, good news for Danny Elfman fans.  It's bad news for Shirley Walker fans :(

And anyone who's a Danny Elfman fan should also be a Shirley Walker fan, really. I'm bummed but at least it'll be coming...eventually? I'm a bit worried now about whether LLL will ever get to The New Batman Adventures (aka Batman TAS "Volume 4" on the DVD releases), which also had great orchestral scores, composed at the same time as Superman TAS.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:33 AM, Jay said:

OOoooh, Jeff Bond liner notes!

Always a good thing!

Yavar

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

I am unfamiliar with this term, anyone care to enlighten me as to what this means?

Point Music was the name of the record label that released the OST

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Music

Google Doc for ya'll

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP3rsHawfDJL4XfND5if0HCARla9YMXZnwvCyT2N0X8/

I think track 8 on disc two was supposed to be called "Claire Returns / Max At Last", not "Max Returns / Max At Last".  Woops.

Huh?  It's the music for the scene where Claire returns to the safe room.  Max is the arms dealer Ethan is looking for before she returns, who he makes contact with after she does.

Max never "returns" anywhere, and hasn't even been seen in the film yet by this point.  It's a clear cut typo, though certainly it could be one made in 1996, not one made now just for this set.

Anyhoo, this release looks amazing, complete with all the film versions and alternates, and I can't wait to read Jeff Bond's liner notes and hear Mike Matessino's audio mastering, and hopefully Goldwasser showcases some booklet pages on his Warm Butter site soon!

I will be ordering the moment it goes on sale!