Star Trek: Picard (2020 TV Series)

Wojo

• 3 weeks later...

Those early Deep Space Nine/Voyager uniforms are my least favorite, they look so loose and tacky.

I take it there's no footage, just the screenshot? One of my favorite themes is the idea of aging, how we deal with it and how it shapes what we do, especially if it's something we've done for a long time. In the age of reboots and reunions and nostalgia and homages and bringin' the old crew back together, I'm really excited and hopeful for this show to capitalize on all of this, delivering a poignant and deeper  perspective on these things.

But the layout, with color taking up all of the shoulder region, I like the best out of all that era.  I never liked the First Contact grey with colored collars as much.   That's all trivialities of course, I just hope for a good show!

2 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I take it there's no footage, just the screenshot? One of my favorite themes is the idea of aging, how we deal with it and how it shapes what we do, especially if it's something we've done for a long time. In the age of reboots and reunions and nostalgia and homages and bringin' the old crew back together, I'm really excited and hopeful for this show to capitalize on all of this, delivering a poignant and deeper  perspective on these things.

With Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman producing? I doubt it!

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

With Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman producing? I doubt it!

I'm trying to throw some Star Trek hopefulness in here! So far, Kurtzman has been saying the right things.

It certainly seems they're intentionally differentiating from the breakneck pace/extreme "plottiness" of Discovery which would have my interest even if this series *didn't* feature Picard and take place past Nemesis.

27 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

See, thats already wrong! Those uniforms were replaced by the Star Trek: First Contact/DS9 ones!

Voyager had them, because they were lost in space.

Possibly they went back to those uniforms in the 20 years since Nemesis. They went through multiple uniform changes in the span of a few years. Not unlikely they changed them again. Starfleet can't seem to make up its damn mind on them. 

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

But the layout, with color taking up all of the shoulder region, I like the best out of all that era.  I never liked the First Contact grey with colored collars as much.   That's all trivialities of course, I just hope for a good show!

The First Contact / DS9 uniforms were easily my favorite of every Starfleet uniform. Nothing beat those before or since to me. 

14 minutes ago, NL197 said:

The First Contact / DS9 uniforms were easily my favorite of every Starfleet uniform. Nothing beat those before or since to me. 

I like the later TNG uniforms a lot, but these ones look damn crisp and snappy.

The only uniforms that look iffy are the dress uniforms from TNG/DS9 era and I guess the skirt that one guy wears. They were eventually replaced with those white jackets from Insurrection.

54 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I guess the skirt that one guy wears.

We don't assume gender in the 24th century, we've evolved beyond that. 

1 hour ago, NL197 said:

I probably only like that style because Generations is my favorite Trek movie.  I’m attached to them!

16 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Will Picard play sax in this?

I am hoping for a straw hat and cane dance number.

On 8/4/2018 at 9:08 PM, Disco Stu said:

This is not even the first time on this site that I’ve specifically talked about torrenting a Trek show because I’ll never subscribe to CBS All Access.

You must be very proud of yourself.

Isn't there like a statute of limitations on "calling someone out"?  I'll make sure me from 9 months ago gets the message and I'm sure he feels very guilty.

I always wonder when someone drags up an old post like that if they realize its old or not