Star Trek: Picard (2020 TV Series)

Wojo

Ugh. I tried listening to that guy's Discovery music. It just isn't Star Trek. We haven't gotten real Trekian music since Enterprise.

Surely they must realize that Picard's original show featured Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek theme. Seven seasons of Ron Jones, Dennis McCarthy, Jay Chattaway. Picard has a lot to live up to.

1 hour ago, Dieter Stark said:

Ugh. I tried listening to that guy's Discovery music. It just isn't Star Trek. We haven't gotten real Trekian music since Enterprise.

It's dire isn't it. That main theme... could it be any more bland? This is supposed to be Star Trek!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Looks like Jeff Russo is scoring the show

There was some cool stuff in the second STD season. But much of it is all over the place, just like much of the show itself.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Looks like Jeff Russo is scoring the show

:( Well, I guess all we can hope for is that they push the nostalgia element further and push him to write something more in the vein of the older series (sans the sustained vaguely uneasy chords). 

11 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Damn, I was hoping that somehow McCarthy would return. 

McCarthy is my favorite Trek TV composer, I was hoping he'd have some involvement as well. 

I can't see why they couldn't have just used regular old Brent Spiner, give him the contact lenses and explain his age away as a new experiment to simulate age that he and some throwaway android developer were working on. It's better than using off-putting de-aging CGI.

It's like when Orlando Bloom returned to play mid-thirties Legolas. It's slightly uncanny, but you'll get used to it.

Considering Spiner is significantly older than he was when he last played Data, I think it's actually surprising just how good he looks.

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's like when Orlando Bloom returned to play mid-thirties Legolas. It's slightly uncanny, but you'll get used to it.

Considering Spiner is significantly older than he was when he last played Data, I think it's actually surprising just how good he looks.

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I can't see why they couldn't have just used regular old Brent Spiner, give him the contact lenses and explain his age away as a new experiment to simulate age that he and some throwaway android developer were working on. It's better than using off-putting de-aging CGI.

So did they use CGI on him or not?

9 hours ago, xWxzek said:

All over Twitter it's Data this, Data that. I'd like to forget about B4 as much as the next guy, but it still happened. 

What's B4?

11 hours ago, Arpy said:

Data was designed to age. Thats been known since the TNG aired. 

The reality of Star Trek is its stuck in the 80's new tech ideas. In that time nano technology would be so 200 years ago. The Federation would be involved in advance technology like picotech and femtotechnologies.

Just now, Dieter Stark said:

Wesley should be his new first officer.

No he wouldn't. Will Wheaton is as old now as Picard was at the beginning of TNG. He should be in his first or second command.

14 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

Picard likes old first officers.

Wesley is way older than Riker. Besides Picard is no longer a captain of a star fleet vessel.

Wesley would also be the fattest crew member. 

Thinking about it, I don't ever remember seeing a fat Star Trek crew member. Is human obesity solved in the distant future? 

41 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

Maybe their fingers would be too fat to press the buttons and they'd need to obtain a special dialing wand.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Thinking about it, I don't ever remember seeing a fat Star Trek crew member. Is human obesity solved in the distant future? 

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Wesley would also be the fattest crew member. 

Scotty doesn't count?  

On 7/25/2019 at 3:22 PM, Quintus said:

Or more likely the "forward thinking" producers of Star Trek just don't like the sight of chubsters on the bridge.

Mr. Scott got really fat. So did Kirk

Too skinny

He gave a woman a pill and she grew a new kidney