woj

Star Trek: Picard (2019 TV Series)

13 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I don't watch that program.

In the golden years of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, the Japanese Garden at the water reclamation plant in Van Nuys stood in for the Starfleet locations.

348s.jpg

Looks similar to Simon Fraser University in Canada, famous for SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I just assumed it was something to do with the Romulan homeworld blowing up, which I believe was officially revealed to be a major part of the storyline.

Yeah more than likely the "rescue armada" was a fleet of ships to save as many Romulans as possible.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The destruction of Romulus happened in the prime timeline.

Oh, right yes, but wasn't that how the Kelvin Timeline was created? 

I'm the only one around these parts who loves the Kelvin timeline, Trek 09 opened up my love for Star Trek.

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I'm the only one around these parts who loves the Kelvin timeline, Trek 09 opened up my love for Star Trek.

No I enjoy it as well and I’m an old school Trekkie.

That teaser trailer is terrible. Just amateur horseshit. The voiceover is cringeworthy and has nothing to do with Picard. "Lost your faith." What? Picard wasn't religious. 

Jesus, what a trainwreck of a teaser. I hope the show is nothing like that film-student-level-pretentious garbage.

Or faith in himself. If he suffered a terrible defeat, his confidence would be shaken to the core. 

It would need to be serious because he recovered from his Borg ordeal pretty quickly. 

Just now, xWxzek said:

Or faith in himself. If he suffered a terrible defeat, his confidence would be shaken to the core. 

It would need to be serious because he recovered from his Borg ordeal pretty quickly. 

Maybe it all just took its toll on him.

Maybe this show will present a more human, emotional Picard that we saw on the small screen, instead of the action hero we saw in the movies. 

Not saying I want an anthology series of Picard crying over dead comrades and his late family, though.