Will you purchase LLL's Saving Private Ryan 20th Anniversary limited edition?

Josh500

Will you purchase LLL's Saving Private Ryan 20th Anniversary limited edition?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase LLL's Saving Private Ryan 20th Anniversary limited edition?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/18 at 03:00 PM

10 minutes ago, mstrox said:

It's one of my favorite scores of all time, and I've bought subtle expansions for scores I care about a lot less.  I'm in.

I get that. I bought the Intrada Rambo 2 release despite it having under a minute of unreleased score in good sound. Sometimes it's worth the money buying an album for the second or third time 

But I've not bonded with SPR like that.

The shipping will probably cost more than the product itself. And for just 2 minutes of unreleased material and the overall sound being the same as the 98 CD? I'll just keep that one.

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So? Just order something else along with this release, so you save on shipping costs!

But then the "Probably just 19,99!" argument isn't valid.

I NEVER disregard shipping costs when purchasing something.

1 minute ago, phbart said:

The shipping will probably cost more than the product itself. And for just 2 minutes of unreleased material and the overall sound being the same as the 98 CD? I'll just keep that one.

I'll keep the OS album too.

But I'll be getting this anniversary edition as well! :D

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

But then the "Probably just 19,99!" argument isn't valid.

I NEVER disregard shipping costs when purchasing something.

Really. Is 30 or even 35 Euros lots of money? 

1 minute ago, phbart said:

"Hymn to the Fallen" is basically all I care about the SPR score, maybe "Revisiting Normandy" too, but not so much as Hymn.

Trust me, that's how I started too. You haven't really "discovered" this score yet, like I have!

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Everyone's situation is different.

I know. That's why I'm asking him.

36 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Probably not. The Hymn is an outstanding piece of music, but ive owned the CD for almost 20 years and played it all the way through maybe...3 times?

Plus it's JW's most boring score

K.M.Back from Maine

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Trust me, that's how I started too. You haven't really "discovered" this score yet, like I have!

Hope the LLL edition is still in print by then.

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Plus it's JW's most boring score

1 minute ago, John said:

The Post says hi.

Bridge of Spies sends its regards... oh wait, that's not JW.

50 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Back from Maine

Are you serious?  I was in Maine all weekend!

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

They'll never sell 4000 copies, the way this is going.

Hell, I'm starting to wonder how long it'll take to sell 400!

I reckon if this were something like The Terminal, it *might* shift 3000 units. But something with only a few minutes of extra music and otherwise basically a reissue... I really doubt they're going to press all 4000 for this.

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

There is literally nothing in Maine, except for a dark road which the JWFAN elite use to pass in the night.

I thought there might be a single wooden hut deep in the mountains....

There, pretty much anything goes. 😂 

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I reckon if this were something like The Terminal, it *might* shift 3000 units. But something with only a few minutes of extra music and otherwise basically a reissue... I really doubt they're going to press their allowed quote for this.

Why The Terminal, of all scores?

Even A.I. was limited to just 3000 copies. And it still hasn't sold out, has it? 

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Why The Terminal, of all scores?

Meh, vaguely similar era (well, 6 years) with an OST that could use some proper expansion.

I guess my point is that even a score that needs expanding and properly presenting, those sorts of units feel very high.

1 hour ago, phbart said:

Hope the LLL edition is still in print by then.

I won't be in print, but it won't have sold out either! :lol:

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you serious?  I was in Maine all weekend!

That's why he was silent about it! :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Come on, guys! 

Just to support LLL! How much will this set cost anyway? Probably just 19,99!

You can by a copy in my name. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

There is literally nothing in Maine, except for a dark road which the JWFAN elite use to pass in the night.

Is it a side street or a Maine road?

Augusta know!

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

My aunts and uncles corpses are buried there. A piece of my calf that was severed has decomposed there(nobody ever bothered to pick it up). My uncles care is still rusting on the pond in Sanford after it broke thru the ice. Our Queen is still there.

5 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Just to support LLL!

I support LLL just fine if the release has Trek in the title. But expansions of bargain bin John Williams albums I neither own nor listen to do nothing for me. 

I just finished up listening to the OST again. It is a very fine score but quite repetitious. The only tracks I revisit are Hymn to the Fallen, Revisiting Normandy, and Omaha Beach. With those 3 I feel like I get the best of what the score has to offer. Omaha Beach in particular is breathtaking. That said, I'll pass on this release.

I'm always listening to this score, albeit in film sequence. My favourite track is actually Approaching The Enemy which i think was replaced in the film with some of the Omaha Beach material.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

WTF Mark?

How  I was I supposed to know? I've been there a week and had no internet access. I was invited by my family and didn't have my own car so I had to basically stay in one spot

And that I post on a John Williams message board is not something I really talk about to people I know in real life

If I had traveled there alone with my own car and could make a day trip somewhere  then it might have been  possible to meet

Since the mastering is the same, the new album's not very expanded and LLL said this would get a digital release, I think I'll just hang onto my old CD and add the new release to my Google/Spotify libraries when available. Money's tight and chances are I won't play the album super often anyway.

9 hours ago, artguy360 said:

The only tracks I revisit are Hymn to the Fallen, Revisiting Normandy, and Omaha Beach. With those 3 I feel like I get the best of what the score has to offer. 

For me it's those three, and "The Last Battle."

These 4 tracks are mind-blowingly and spectacularly good, on the same level as, or even at certain moments better than, Born on the Fourth of July, A.I., Angela's Ashes, Amistad, Lincoln, Munich, and Far and Away. 

I'm definitely buying this. It's an expansion of a Spielberg/Williams collaboration, and will enable us to improve on the original album (I assume that the missing bits will be included), so what's not to like. It helps that it's a terrific score.

I will buy it, because of Williams Spielberg. And to support further expansions. But I won't be buying this a third time if in a year or so they decide to improve the sound.... Because lets face it won't have any new music ...

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I will buy it, because of Williams Spielberg. And to support further expansions. But I won't be buying this a third time if in a year or so they decide to improve the sound.... Because lets face it won't have any new music ...

Why not? It'll only be 3 different editions.

Don't we already have 4 different editions of E.T., Jaws, Home Alone, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, etc.?