Jay

It's donation time at JWFan - Donate for a chance to win free CDs!

Hello!

For those who may not know, JWFan relies entirely on donations to keep running.  Donations pay for our server bills, as well as keeping our domain and Invision Powerboard fees.

As an incentive to donate, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!

Earlier this year the raffle was a big hit, where I raised $500 (our goal) and mailed out 3 free CDs to lucky JWFanners.  This time I'll be doing the raffling the same way!

Our goal is $500 once again, and I will have four tiers of free CDs you can win once again.  The more you donate, the more entries into each raffle you'll get!

Each $10 you donate gets your name put into the raffle mug once for the $10 pool, twice for the $20 pool, thrice for the $30 pool, and five times into the $50 pool.  Here is the list of CDs you can win - and I have more to add at a later time when I get a little more organized (I'll post what they are by Friday at the latest)

The $10 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you one ticket into this pool) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $100 donated

• Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records)
  • Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony)
  • Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records)
  • Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST)
  • Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records)
  • Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande)
  • Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records)

The $20 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you two ticket into this pool, must donate at least $20 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $200 donated

• John Barry - First Love (La La Land)
  • Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land)
  • Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition)
  • Jerry Goldsmith - Link (OOP Intrada Edition)
  • Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese)
  • Jerry Goldsmith - Poltergeist II: The Other Side (2013 Kritzerland Edition)
  • Trevor Jones - Nate and Hayes (La La Land)
  • Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land)
  • Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land)
  • John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande)
  • or, any of the above CDs if you prefer

The $30 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you three ticket into this pool, must donate at least $30 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $300 donated

• James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition)
  • James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition)
  • Trevor Jones - Cliffhanger (OOP Intrada Edition)
  • Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada)
  • John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land)

The $50 pool (Every $10 you donate gets you five ticket into this pool, must donate at least $50 to be eligible) - will be drawn as soon as we hit $500 donated

• Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM)
  • Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land)

All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!

I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!

To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.

Use this link or the link on the mainpage.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Thank you!

Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.

Wow, thanks for all the donations so far, guys!  We've already hit our $100 goal!  That was fast!

Keep it coming and we'll hit $500 in no time!

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I didn't see a place to put my name in with my donation

Weird, i have other donations with their screen name in a comment

Money is rather tight on my end right now.  I might be able to scrap something together at the end of the month, if that is not too late.  I've got the will, but not the means.  

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Weird, i have other donations with their screen name in a comment

Well, "didn't see" and "didn't exist" don't necessarily mean the same thing ;)

Also, I'm on - gulp - Internet Explorer, so who knows how optimized PayPal is for that in 2018.

Ah

Well regardless, I know your real name anyway, so you're all set for the raffle

BTW everyone I forgot to mention that I have other CDs that will be added to the raffles, I just don't remember what they are off the top of my head - I'll reply later with the titles

Hey guys!

We are SO CLOSE to the $200 goal for the next raffle prize - we're at $199.11 USD right now!

Just one more donation and that will be two names I'll pull this weekend for free CDs!

Ah, what the hell. This place really is a fabulous resource, I guess I can spare a few dollars. I hate to think of a world in which I get all my score discussion and analysis from FSM.

2 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I don't have any money to donate, but I did buy enough of these as a reward for every donor: they're gonna need 'em when people discover they donated to JWFan!

FunnyCondomImage.jpg

A guy can dream...

I donate because JWfan is the best place to promote my wonderfull and essential discography... even if nobody here understand what is a true discography... well, nothing is perfect!

😁

5 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Nick, I do believe you have killed this thread.  

To quote the wisdom of an old guy in North Carolina: "Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug."

I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to draw names this weekend - hopefully I can do tonight, but more likely it won't be until Wednedsay night or possibly Friday.

We've now collected over $300, so only have a short ways to go till we hit our $500 goal!  We won't need to collect again after this until next year, at which point it will only be $250 every six months from here on out.

Thanks again to everyone who's donated so far!