SCHINDLER'S LIST 25th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

1 hour ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I like that whistling folksy music at the end in that shot where everyone's walking.

That is the version of Jerusalem of Gold that was taken from the soundtrack of Pour Sacha and replaced the originally intended version for choir found on the OST album. And in my opinion it works better than the more stately choral version. 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yes, the film version works much better. Do we know why Williams chose the different version for the OST? Was it a last-minute change in post production maybe?

After a bit of research, I discovered that both versions of OYF'N Pripetshok and Yeroushalaim Chel Zahav were recorded purposefully for the OST album in 1993. It's still unclear though if JW had any involvement in arranging those versions (I think he did not). It's much likely they went for different versions on the OST because of licensing agreement, as the versions featured in the film were licensed from existing recordings. I guess what we hear in the film is Spielberg's preferred take, something he got affectionate to when editing the film.

Btw, the Israel version of the film features another piece of music instead of Jerusalem of Gold, as the presence of that song stirred some controversy among the Israeli audience:

The song is featured in the 1993 American film Schindler's List and plays near the end of the film. This caused some controversy in Israel, as the song (which was written in 1967) is widely considered an informal anthem of the Israeli victory in the Six-Day War and has no relationship with the subject matter of the movie. In Israeli prints of the film the song was replaced with Halikha LeKesariya (lit. "A Walk to Caesarea") – which is universally associated with the Holocaust in Israel, written by World War II resistance fighter Hannah Szenes in 1942.

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized something. I have already shed a few tears listening to the Maestro's score to Saving Private Ryan (20th anniversary limited edition). I'll be a wreak listening to the Maestro's score to Schindler's List on the 2 CD 25th anniversary set coming in a few months. Top that with the fact that I'll be seeing the film in theaters.

• 4 weeks later...

The sessions will obviously have more content than the LLL release, but considering most of the sessions consisted of incorrect or early takes with performances Williams wouldn't have approved, it's more of a curiosity than anything else. 

All the substantial or noteworthy alternates/inserts will be included at the end of CD2, no doubt. 

Because the session leaks were only from one batch of sessions (the Boston ones I think). The cues and elements recorded in Toronto were a separate batch of sessions that didn't leak. 

So the leaked sessions will have material not on LLL's upcoming release, and the LLL release will have material not included in the leaked sessions. 

So is this still set for December, based on MV's comments re the LLL schedule:

transparent.gif
icon1.gif  Posted:   Oct 14, 2018 - 6:40 PM    Report Abuse Reply to Post
   By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

There must be something in the Fall air because we too need to delay our planned next batch...this time due to approvals. We are still waiting on final art approvals for 5 of the 7 titles we had planned for Oct 23. We should have those approvals shortly, but instead of taking orders on the 23rd as originally scheduled and shipping the following week we are just gonna shift our release slate by a week until we get to Black Friday.

So, we now have the following schedule lined up:

October 30: Superman 2/3, 5 Blake Neely titles, and Electric Dreams

November 13: 3 CD set, 1 CD and maybe a 3rd title

November 27: Black Friday batch (announced on Nov 23). Thus far, 2 titles are signed off on...2 or 3 more to come. 

Since we are changing up the slate we have decided to extend our Sweet 16 sale to Oct 23. 

MV

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

the session leaks were only from one batch of sessions (the Boston ones I think). The cues and elements recorded in Toronto were a separate batch of sessions that didn't leak. 

So the leaked sessions will have material not on LLL's upcoming release, and the LLL release will have material not included in the leaked sessions. 

Exactly.

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

So is this still set for December, based on MV's comments re the LLL schedule:

MV first posted that Schindler's List was coming in December, then later posted that their BF batch was their final batch of the year.  This could mean that Schindler's List was pushed back to 2019, pushed forward to Black Friday, or was always intended for Black Friday and saying December was more of a general thing since historically, the Black Friday titles are of course announced on Black Friday, but actually start shipping in December; Thanksgiving and therefore Black Friday is on the earlier side this year so this particular year it will actually still be November when they start shipping.

• 1 month later...

On 8/30/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jay said:

27 Vida Mia (2:47)

Is anything known about this recording? Like who arranged it or if it's available commercially?

I ordered this edition of SL right away, of course, and I'm grateful for it, but the one thing that pains me and can't quite get over it is the fact that they omitted the pieces conducted and arranged for this movie (mostly by Angela Morley) but not written by JW....

Oh well. There's always the 30th, 35th, and 40th anniversary edition, I guess. 

7 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Is anything known about this recording? Like who arranged it or if it's available commercially?

I doubt Williams recorded a version of it because it wasn't in the recording sessions leak.

I'm sure somebody out there tracked down which recording was used in the film.  I just randomly found this one on youtube

• 5 months later...

This is coming to vinyl on June 11th

Coming next week, June 11, 2019 at 12 pm pst

CD RELEASE:

Fletch Lives - Universal Heritage Collection
Music by Harold Faltermeyer
Limited edition of 3000 Units
$19.98

LP RELEASE:

Schindler's List
Music by John Williams
Limited Edition of 1000 Units
$34.98

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=135591&forumID=1&archive=0

I hope the LP set includes the 2nd disc program as well. 

But the real Vinyl release I want is CE3K, and the remastered SUPERMAN set. Those would be awesome. 

I think because of the Sony deal CE3K may not happen. Even though it was scheduled until MV said that it wasn't coming now. Hoping that it changes. 

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

I just want an official version of the food insert.

Surely the Ultimate War complete with inserts is what every Hook-loving JWFan craves for?

On 6/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, Amer said:

But the real Vinyl release I want is CE3K, and the remastered SUPERMAN set. Those would be awesome. 

I think because of the Sony deal CE3K may not happen. Even though it was scheduled until MV said that it wasn't coming now. Hoping that it changes. 

Perhaps Sony will release it themselves.