SCHINDLER'S LIST 25th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

I know that I have the film on DVD, but I will definitely go see it on the big screen. I shed some tears from the trailer alone; THAT is how impactful this film has been. I have been to the anniversary re-releases of Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., and Jurassic Park (20th anniversary 3D re-release; I'll catch the 25th anniversary re-release). It will be a different and profound experience seeing Schindler's List on the big screen.

I definitely had a feeling that the Maestro and La-La Land Records would release an expanded definitive release of his score for the 25th anniversary, so it is nice to see confirmation, and prior to LLL announcing it themselves no less.

Now I wish that Saving Private Ryan would be re-released in theaters. I never experienced it on the big screen (I was born in 1992, and I was a bit too young to see it when it was released in 1998).

Just now, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

The SACD will be all you'll need.

About that.  Mike M checked out the SACD when he heard about it since he is working on the new LLL edition.  He confirmed that the SACD was upsampled from a 44-16 source (complete with FBI anti-theft watermark). It is not a true DSD master.

Let's keep this thread a discussion of this release, and talk about  MV's comment in the thread for it

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28256-2018-is-gonna-be-one-for-the-books-says-lll-regarding-jw/

I'm excited to learn that's it's 2CD set and also a Vinyl. Can't wait for December. It's going to be an expensive month. 

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

About that.  Mike M checked out the SACD when he heard about it since he is working on the new LLL edition.  He confirmed that the SACD was upsampled from a 44-16 source (complete with FBI anti-theft watermark). It is not a true DSD master.

Did MCA put that out? Or some third party outlet?

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

I'm excited to learn that's it's 2CD set and also a Vinyl. Can't wait for December. It's going to be an expensive month. 

Where did you learn this information, or are you speculating?

1 minute ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Did MCA put that out? Or some third party outlet?

It's right in the main post:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28764-schindlers-list-on-sacd-coming/

UMG Hong Kong

I just saw MV's Facebook post:

Expanded and remastered 2 cd edition and Vinyl coming from La-La Land Records December 2018

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210990248586125&set=a.1046944307805&type=3&theater

@Amer, please always link to the source when you post information like you did.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Where did you learn this information, or are you speculating?

Jay, I had earlier updated my other post in the previous page. MV just announced it on his own facebook page. 

2 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

2 cds sounds good!

although it doesn't necessarily mean complete score in chronological order.

it could be 1 cd for ost, and 1 cd for bonus tracks.

it'll be a long wait to see how the presentation will be...

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

UMG and their watermarks..

The FBI is an American establishment, it proves they used a rip of the American pressing of the OST CD to make their SACD.

For me, this is the score I’ve always wanted to see get the La La Land treatment, if only for the packaging. Greatly looking forward to this! 

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

This year, Black Friday is Friday, November 30th, so the titles would release Tuesday, December 4th.  With the theatrical re-release happening Friday, December 7th, that seems most likely to me.

Are you sure about that Black Friday date, Jay? Google has it as the 23rd of November.

I like to download scans of the booklets and read them on my computer again every once in a while.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I like to download scans of the booklets and read them on my computer again every once in a while.

I wish I had the motivation to do this with a scanner.  Sometimes I get the urge to check the liner notes and that's the only time I actually pull the CD down from the shelf.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Are you sure about that Black Friday date, Jay? Google has it as the 23rd of November.

I stand corrected!  I forgot that Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday of November (EDIT: The last Thursday before the last Saturday of November), and not the last Thursday of November.

So then the Black Friday titles will be announced on Friday, November 23rd, and go up for sale Tuesday, November 27th, then.

Since MV already posted on Facebook that it is scheduled for December, it could be the rare post-Black Friday title, I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I stand corrected!  I forgot that Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday of November, and not the last Thursday of November.

Thanks! I want to put in leave so I can blow some of my hard earned cash on all those specials. Wouldn't help if I took off on the wrong day! ;)

Do we have hi-res SPR cover art yet?

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

But they don't sell out that quick anymore.  You can just wait til you get home from work to order.

He's talking about specials in various stores, not specifically LLL's Black Friday film score CDs.

I'm still not sure that the versions of "OYF'N Pripetshok" and "Yeroushalain Chel Zahav" featured on the OST were arranged by JW--in the booklet both pieces are credited as performed by Israeli choirs conducted by other people. It's unclear if they were recorded purposefully for the album or were licensed from other recordings.