The Mummy Complete Score Improved Assembly

Brundlefly

I think The Mummy has amazing energy and Kings Solomon’s Mines is one of my least favorite Goldsmith scores. I find it grating and obnoxious. I’ll take The Camel Race, or Night Boarders, or Tuareg Attack, *alone* over that entire score.

Yavar

2 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I think The Mummy has amazing energy and Kings Solomon’s Mines is one of my least favorite Goldsmith scores. I find it grating and obnoxious. I’ll take The Camel Race, or Night Boarders, or Tuareg Attack, *alone* over that entire score.

Yavar

:jerry: Yavar-y very wrong about that, there is Moradi to KSM than first meets the ears. ;)

KSM was so good, Williams decided to homage it in both The Phantom Menace, AND Last Jedi ;)

Anyways in all seriousness, in my mind, Mummy has more in common with Ghost and the Darkness, with the percussion and slower-ish tempos.

Thanks @Brundlefly for this assembly guide!

And King Solomon's Mines is in my opinion quite obnoxious starting with the main theme. I know the whole it is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek but I can't stand half of it.

As I see the track list of The Lonely Guy, I start to think that Intrada's The Mummy will remain an exception regarding the lack of care. The put the songs at the beginning of the CD, because it made sense for the listening experience.

I added "Mumia Attack" to the tracks that you should take from the original album mix. It has some distortions and is sometimes too hot on the new version.

Maybe I'm gonna write a little review of the new release's sound.

This is very helpful. However, it should not be needed. The release had probably a rushed production. There is no other explanation for the sonic errors and the faults in the liner notes.

It is funny that a perfect complete score program can still be created, since each time, when there is an issue with the mix or a mastering error in the main program, it's a track that can easily be replaced by one of the OST tracks.