I’m offering a reward of 1 MILLION!

Sandor

To anyone who can find a video of the only known live performance of the Williams’ piece commonly referred to as ‘Satellite Celebration’, conducted by Seiji Ozawa during the New Year’s Day broadcast recording from Tokyo.

It’s one of my favorite Williams’ compositions and I’ve been living with that one crappy sounding bootleg recording for too long now. I would at least love to see how it was performed live, with its various locations, soloists and all.

Somebody (a LEGEND) found the Michael Dukakis fanfare a couple of years back buried deep within the video archives of the internet...

...How about this one?

I would certainly love to see that too; how the whole broadcasting logistic was solved. Even if the bootleg track is crap, I still prefer that version over "Song for World Peace". It's got epic choir, dammit!

But I seriously doubt it exists anywhere, especially since it was a live event.

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

I would certainly love to see that too; how the whole broadcasting logistic was solved. Even if the bootleg track is crap, I still prefer that version over "Song for World Peace". It's got epic choir, dammit!

But I seriously doubt it exists anywhere, especially since it was a live event.

I prefer it as well! I adore the scope of the piece!

2 hours ago, Sandor said:

Somebody (a LEGEND) found the Michael Dukakis fanfare a couple of years back buried deep within the video archives of the internet...

What did he get?