'Hooten Plays Williams' - New recording of John Williams' Trumpet Concerto now available

Miguel Andrade

8 hours ago, Locrius said:

So excited for this album. Now if only he had taken the chance to also studio-record his new Han & Leia theme arrangement!!

We need to just get Williams to agree to block out a couple of weeks to record every concert piece that's either (a) never had a studio recording or (b) never had a studio recording conducted by himself.  JWFan and other benefactors will fund the sessions.

11 hours ago, Locrius said:

So excited for this album. Now if only he had taken the chance to also studio-record his new Han & Leia theme arrangement!!

This is the sort of fan-entitlement comment I find both moronic and disturbing.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

This is the sort of fan-entitlement comment I find both moronic and disturbing.

Moronic and disturbing? Where did I ever say I'm entitled to anything? Heck, none of us are even entitled to this Trumpet Concerto recording, period—we're incredibly lucky to be getting it! I don't see anything wrong with hoping we get a studio recording of the new Han & Leia arrangement before Williams is gone...

19 hours ago, Locrius said:

I wish he’d have recorded the original Han & Leia theme 🙁

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Death can be a release Bespin.

You are ginger and have a fatal disease, I understand your point of view.  But death is not a happy thing, don't play the Jedi with me Steef!

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Maybe as a Force Ghost you can access all the JW recording sessions you want

It's my idea of hell, not paradise!

"With what is actually released, be satisfied."

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « Yoda »

13 minutes ago, Bespin said:

You are ginger and have a fatal disease, I understand your point of view.  But death is not a happy thing, don't play the Jedi with me Steef!

I do not have a fatal disease!

I am however ginger.

5 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Normally I would have laughed at this comment, but not since I don't like you anymore.

This would explain the rumblings in the Norwegian embassy.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

People laugh at those they fear, or misunderstand.

It's sure I misunderstand you, I barely understand english.

Gime a break!

24 minutes ago, thx99 said:

@King Mark, you forgot "A Timeless Call" and the Tom Brokaw/"Rodeo" theme from the NBC News sessions!!

Yes! I was actually just listening to that yesterday haha. The only bootleg I've heard is this (pretty bad) one:

https://www.networknewsmusic.com/today-2004-bumper/ (note to mods: a streaming link, not a download link)

Can’t believe a Kickstarter project can lead us to a new recording by an amazing trumpeter and the Maestro himself. 

I will buy the CD! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Maybe there will be a time for more kickstarter projects like this... it seems like Maestro Williams has been pretty enthusiastic about the whole project from the get-go.😆

👻 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Hmm... will there be a bonus work? :)

The only works that were recorded in September were the Trumpet Concerto and Theme from Born on the Fourth of July.  So unlikely.