Jump to content
WilliamsStarShip2282

ACROSS THE STARS - Williams / Mutter collaboration album - Deluxe Edition NOW AVAILABLE

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Fabulin said:

Did anyone else get a little internal fanboy cheer at the image of John Williams next to the Deutsche Grammophon logo?

 

He finally conquers the classical world's prejudices and gets the respect that is due. Like a good finale

 

 

It is amazing to see yes, but DG doesn’t represent the ‘classical world’ so much, or not anymore - they’ve become quite a commercial label these days. The recent JW output is a great result of that, but sadly they’ve also signed with some artists of dubious quality.

 

Anyway, this is a lovely single and looking forward to the complete album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't read it, either, but if no one beats me to it I'll sign up for a trial tomorrow and see what I can do.

 

@Jay Would it be okay to post the article here? Technically it'd be free for anyone to read solo, I'd just save people the process of having to sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ricard said:

Promotional video including footage from the recording sessions:

 

 

 

Johnny does look older in that interview.

"I hadn't read the book" wait, what? Isn't it known for JW not going into it with no prior knowledge because he had read the book and there are three generations in his family enjoying Rowling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Holko said:

 

Johnny does look older in that interview.

"I hadn't read the book" wait, what? Isn't it known for JW not going into it with no prior knowledge because he had read the book and there are three generations in his family enjoying Rowling?

 

I guess he prefers watching the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Holko said:

 

Johnny does look older in that interview.

"I hadn't read the book" wait, what? Isn't it known for JW not going into it with no prior knowledge because he had read the book and there are three generations in his family enjoying Rowling?

 

At 87, mind does play some tricks... but I do indeed recall reading that he went through the first book in the late 90's with some of his grandchildren while at Tanglewood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Holko said:

 

Johnny does look older in that interview.

"I hadn't read the book" wait, what? Isn't it known for JW not going into it with no prior knowledge because he had read the book and there are three generations in his family enjoying Rowling?

 

Wait and see how many books you remember having read when you're 100 years old! ;)

 

7 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

 

At 87, mind does play some tricks... but I do indeed recall reading that he went through the first book in the late 90's with some of his grandchildren while at Tanglewood.

 

Perhaps he was confusing himself with John Williams the guitarist, who had read the book. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fabulin said:

Did anyone else get a little internal fanboy cheer at the image of John Williams next to the Deutsche Grammophon logo?

 

He finally conquers the classical world's prejudices and gets the respect that is due. Like a good finale

 


I definitely do. I felt that way too with the Dudamel album.

 

It's not JW's first time on DG (I think Tree Song with the BSO might be the first DG (non-Decca) one), but this feels the most prominent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

 

@Jay Would it be okay to post the article here? Technically it'd be free for anyone to read solo, I'd just save people the process of having to sign up.

 

Go for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally just type in Anne Sophie Mutter into your streaming service of choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Literally just type in Anne Sophie Mutter into your streaming service of choice

Just a preview at Deezer rest of is un accesible for me. The Youtube preview works fine though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Btw, this "single" release is a shorter version of the piece purposefully recorded for the preview--ASM wrote about a "short version" of Hedwig's Theme in one of her Facebook postings, so I guess this is it.

 

If you listen to the promotional video at the very beginning you can hear a grand orchestral passage not heard in the version released today...

 

Oh wow, that’s even better!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

If you listen to the promotional video at the very beginning you can hear a grand orchestral passage not heard in the version released today...

 

I was wondering where that came from! Definitely isn't in the single but it's gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hedwig's Theme did do much for me for most of my lifespan, and I was already pumped for the Azkaban recording, as it was something a little different. This is something completely new and fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...