Michael Giacchino's SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME (2019)

Jay

Michael Giacchino to Return for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’

Michael Giacchino is set to return as the composer of Marvel Studios’ Spider-Man: Far From Home. The film is directed by Jon Watts who helmed the previous installment in the series and stars Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, Jake Gyllenhaal, Cobie Smulders, Samuel L. Jackson, Jacob Batalon, Tony Revolori, Hemky Madera, Numan Acar and J.B. Smoove. Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers (The Lego Batman Movie, Ant-Man and the Wasp) wrote the screenplay. Kevin Feige (Avengers, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy) and Amy Pascal (Venom, The Post) are producing the project.

Giacchino has previously scored last year’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and also composed the music for the Marvel Studios Fanfare and the score for the studios’ Doctor Strange. Spider-Man: Far From Home will be released on July 5, 2019 by Sony Pictures.

Giacchino also has recently scored Drew Goddard’s Bad Times at the El Royale, will be opening in theaters nationwide this weekend.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/10/10/michael-giacchino-to-return-for-spider-man-far-from-home/

:woop:

What a coincidence! I'm listening to Spider-Man Homecoming right now. It's so groovy and fun (Academic Decommitment) and also great action writing (High Tech Heist and An Old Van Rundown) and relatively memorable material. Lots of fun to listen to. I am excited for the next, especially in the light of Giacchino's most recent sequel scores, Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, which are just so great.:rock:

7 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Awesome news, I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and OST!

Agreed!

1 minute ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

What a coincidence! I'm listening to Spider-Man Homecoming right now. It's so groovy and fun (Academic Decommitment) and also great action writing (High Tech Heist and An Old Van Rundown) and relatively memorable material. Lots of fun to listen to. I am excited for the next, especially in the light of Giacchino's most recent sequel scores, Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, which are just so great.:rock:

Agreed!

• 6 months later...

I can't move them because Mark posted the videos in the same post as a reply to an unrelated conversation

The only really big blockbuster type movies that open after it this summer are Lion King and Hobbes and Shaw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully we get a digital release on Friday June 28th ahead of the physical release on Friday July 5th!

Wow that's cool Sony put out two tracks like that today!

Far From Home Suite Home is pretty good!

0:00-2:30ish is a nice update to the Main Theme, I love the new direction it takes after the familiar opening!

2:30ish-4:13 ish = sounds like a new love theme?  It's pretty melancholy though, so perhaps its more of a theme about him thinking about Tony and his role as the "new Iron Man"

4:13ish-7:10ish = Avengers theme cameo?  Then perhaps Mysterio's theme?

7:10-end = main theme reprise, with a slightly updated ending

Bridge and Love’s Burning is the new love theme I guess?  It's... not as good as the love theme from Homecoming.

^^

Well that 4:13ish-7:10ish bit is clearly a Mysterio theme. It's nice, like a classic "evil mechanism on the lab" theme, akin to Giacchino's Syndrome theme.

But more classic RCPish.

Come to think of it, the 5:00 onwards does remind me of this bit from Powell's handcock:

To me it kinda sounds like 4:13 is Silvestri's Avengers theme, and then with each permutation after it begins morphing towards a new version of theme until it's fully Mysterio's Theme.  This could make sense because IIRC in the film he's from a parallel universe, so perhaps in his universe he's one of the Avengers?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wow that's cool Sony put out two tracks like that today!

Far From Home Suite Home is pretty good!

0:00-2:30ish is a nice update to the Main Theme, I love the new direction it takes after the familiar opening!

2:30ish-4:13 ish = sounds like a new love theme?  It's pretty melancholy though, so perhaps its more of a theme about him thinking about Tony and his role as the "new Iron Man"

4:13ish-7:10ish = Avengers theme cameo?  Then perhaps Mysterio's theme?

7:10-end = main theme reprise, with a slightly updated ending

Bridge and Love’s Burning is the new love theme I guess?  It's... not as good as the love theme from Homecoming.

It's better.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

To me it kinda sounds like 4:13 is Silvestri's Avengers theme,

Perhaps it's a theme for Nick Fury?