Sign in to follow this  
Jay

James Newton Howard's FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD

Love the samples, sounds like another really enjoyable score. Nice to hear those two themes again (Newt's hero theme in 6/8 is pretty cool!) and the new one sounds pretty good.

I suspect I'll enjoy this score at least as much as Last Jedi, Ready Player One, Solo, and Incredibles 2 which would make the last 12 months probably the most satisfying for these splashy orchestral scores in awhile. 

4 hours ago, Lord Zimmer said:

Can't preview, New Zealand only? 

Did JW ever write a Dumbledore theme btw?

Williams, no. I think I remember Nicholas Hooper intending “In Noctem” to be an ode of sorts for the character. Desplat had a little motif for Dumbledore’s past/family. 

But he’s never really had a theme proper.

!! BREAKING NEWS !!

Peter Golub replaces James Newton Howard as composer on the upcoming 'FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD'. Newton Howard dropped out of the film due to 'scheduling conflicts,' according to a statement from Warner Brothers. Golub replaces Newton Howard, who regrettably pulled out of work on the epic fantasy film and decided to focus on Joe Johnston's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'. Peter Golub is one of the most respected and renowned composers in film today. 

https://variety.com/2018/film/newton-howard-drops-out-of-fantastic-sequel-345745843

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

!! BREAKING NEWS !!

Peter Golub replaces James Newton Howard as composer on the upcoming 'FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD'. Newton Howard dropped out of the film due to 'scheduling conflicts,' according to a statement from Warner Brothers. Golub replaces Newton Howard, who regrettably pulled out of work on the epic fantasy film and decided to focus on Joe Johnston's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'. Peter Golub is one of the most respected and renowned composers in film today. 

https://variety.com/2018/film/newton-howard-rops-out-of-fantastic-sequel-345745843

🙄

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

!! BREAKING NEWS !!

https://variety.com/2018/film/newton-howard-drops-out-of-fantastic-sequel-345745843

👃(this is my signature smiley now)

19 minutes ago, Lord Zimmer said:

Don't care much for that main theme but Salamander Eyes is absolutely lovely!

What main theme?

The other piece is not the main theme. The main theme hasn't been reprised yet in these samples and released pieces.

The big swashbuckling theme you hear towards the end of the piece is Newt's Hero Theme from his first score.

Really love the first, titular track! It will be interesting to see whether it's an album suite or an actual film cue. Reminds you how great JNH is. 

Salamander one is nice too, although it's basically half a reprise from the final scenes of the first one. 

5 hours ago, Will said:

Really love the first, titular track! It will be interesting to see whether it's an album suite or an actual film cue. 

Since it’s listed as the last (orchestral) track on the album I’m guessing it’s for the credits. Similar kind of energy to his “End Titles” tracks for the first one.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:02 PM, kaseykockroach said:

We already have two scores of the year, we don't need another one! Too much good music! 

Which are those?

The digital version is going to be available a week before the movie and the piano tracks will be available from the 26th of this month. 

The CD comes out the 30th November