• 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 star
    • I don't know this movie.

Oliver Stone is one of my all-time favourite directors, and JFK is one of his very best! This movie is outstanding. 

Movie: 4,5 stars

Score: 5 stars

The score, of course, is a classic. "Prologue," "The Conspirators," and "Arlington" are so good, I could listen to them all day.

John Williams's JFK at the Oscars in 1992, along with the infamous dancers. 😂 

Much prefer the score to the movie. From a young age I've been interested in Kennedy and his presidency, to me the main theme suits as a theme to the man himself. I am always stirred by "Arlington" and the portion of "The Motorcade" where the theme starts to kick in. The remainder of the score is okay, not a top 10 Williams OST overall. 

3/5 for the score

2/5 for the film.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Oliver Stone is one of my all-time favourite directors, and JFK is one of his very best!

I really like JFK, and I kind of like Nixon. Big fan of Natural Born Killers. What other films of his would warrant this distinction for you?

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

I really like JFK, and I kind of like Nixon. Big fan of Natural Born Killers. What other films of his would warrant this distinction for you?

Born on the Fourth of July 

Platoon

Wall Street

Talk Radio 

W.

Snowden

Untold History of the United States 

I watched Natural Born Killers, but that's actually not one of my favourites. 

5 and 5

Both bloody brilliant works!

The movie is one of my 10 favourite movies, the score is one of my 5 favourite scores!

4 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

He has done a few good films (the three Williams-scored ones are all among his Top 5), but he has also done a huge pile of crappy or highly overrated films. Extreme polarization, autotelic extravaganza and a questionably judgmental narrative style are often insurmountable obstacles.

This entire scene is just awesome. Oliver Stone and John Williams at the top of their games! 

I love the dramatic unreleased cue starting at 4:40.

The score is terrific and I give it 5. A true classic. The film is good. Used to be more impressed by it but it's something you grow out of, I find. But it is an interesting piece of filmmaking, especially from the editiorial perspective. That is why I'll be generous and give it 4.

Karol