Anyone else love John Scott?

Kasey Kockroach

Some of those nature documentary things have that kinda cheesy pop beat going, while other things are harshly dissonant and not readily accesible, but yes -- I've always liked a great deal of Scott's work. Like GREYSTOKE, SHOOT TO KILL, ANTONY & CLEOPATRA and others.

King Kong Lives

Man on Fire

Yor, the Hunter From the Future (!)

in addition to the others mentioned

I've heard good things about Lionheart a.k.a. AWOL too

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I only really know King Kong Lives. It's good.

Karol

For awhile, that was the only work of his I was familiar with too. But exploring further has been surprisingly rewarding! 

I fear I like him solely for Final Countdown. We had a bunch of films recorded onto VHS tapes in the 90s and Final Countdown was one we always seemed to watch (right down to the late 80s commercial breaks just about cut out of the recording). Nothing like that main theme or the music accompanying the Tomcats 'playing' with the Zeroes and then destroying them or the Laurel & Owen theme and finally, the music for when the squadron returns to the Nimitz after the storm. 

20 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Pretty unfamiliar with Conti myself, but I'm open to taking a looksie at his stuff one of these days. People seem to bring up that He-Man score particularly often! 

Yes that's a good one, also The Right Stuff and Broadcast News. I'm not fond of his popish stuff though.

Anyone heard Scott's Second Jungle Book, The Deceivers or Ruby?

• 2 weeks later...

So as mentioned earlier I own Greystoke, York, Shoot to Kill, King Kong Lives as well as Winter People/Prayer For the Dying. I'm looking to expand my Scott collection but can't afford everything that's available. I plan on picking up the digital download of The Final Countdown. Which others from the JOS catalogue are recommended (let's say a max of five titles)?

Ones I'm considering:

Antony and Cleopatra 

King of the Wind

Any others?

6 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

So as mentioned earlier I own Greystoke, York, Shoot to Kill, King Kong Lives as well as Winter People/Prayer For the Dying. I'm looking to expand my Scott collection but can't afford everything that's available. I plan on picking up the digital download of The Final Countdown. Which others from the JOS catalogue are recommended (let's say a max of five titles)?

Ones I'm considering:

Antony and Cleopatra 

King of the Wind

Any others?

THE SHOOTING PARTY is the most essential.