DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

26 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

You're happier about Saving Private Ryan than about Dracula?!

Can you read? 

I said Saving Private Ryan AND Schindler's List. I'm happier about these two releases put together that I am about Dracula, yes. And the reason I stated above.

That said, I'm happy about this release too, naturally! Gotta listen to Dracula more often.

1 minute ago, Amer said:

Iam happy to learn that a newly-mastered-from-a-new-source presentation of the originally soundtrack album as Disc 2. 

LP LP LP

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Jim Titus' artwork is once again just incredible, I was blown away when I first saw it. Varese went all out here to make this really special with lots of pictures and other art and lengthy liner notes all wrapped up in Jim's great art design.

So the "book" is just 36 pages of artwork? 

Because MM's liner notes are in the booklet proper, right? Or does the "book" contain further notes on the movie making or scoring process?

I wish we'd gotten a "book" for the 4-CD Jurassic Park edition! Instead, we got missing teeth. 😂 

Well I chime in my excitement! John Williams in concert in London and Dracula release in one week! Amazing!

Naturally ORDERED! :woop:

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So in 2018 we got/we are getting....

The Cowboys

Saving Private Ryan 

Dracula

Schindler's List 

Was that it, I wonder? Or will there be "one more thing"...? 

I'm sure Superman: The Movie will also be released this year by LLL, and ✌🏼️ for HP!

Read the thread title, thought it was some kind of Dracula 2 I did not know about.  Wondered what all the fuss was about.

Fuss warranted!  Enjoy this, mes amies.   

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

That was unexpected! Varese rocks this year, but they have shot all their John Williams powder!

Naw, they still control Presumed Innocent in perpetuity I think, and since they *didn't* have that control with Dracula it's also possible they might expand some other MCA/UMG title like The River for example (which they previously reissued on CD just as they did with Dracula).

Yavar

3 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Naw, they still control Presumed Innocent in perpetuity I think, and since they *didn't* have that control with Dracula it's also possible they might expand some other MCA/UMG title like The River for example (which they previously reissued on CD just as they did with Dracula).

I mean, it's cool they did Dracula, but they should rather focus on their perpetuity titles. As you said, they're fantastic, but sooo slooooow...

55 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So the "book" is just 36 pages of artwork? 

Because MM's liner notes are in the booklet proper, right? Or does the "book" contain further notes on the movie making or scoring process?

Both booklets contain words, pictures, and text. I honestly don't remember how they broke down what went into each.

27 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

What is the cue "The Bat Attack" called on this new set?

The Bat Attack is an album track that contained two cues: Mina Impaled and The Bat Attack.  Each cue is now in their own track, with the Bat Attack cue now called The Attack to avoid confusion with the album track.