HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

I don't get the panic. Both Schindler's List and Superman are similarly unannounced. Is there anything to worry about with those releases? Nope!

MV mentioned some titles had to be delayed until next year so it's possible, if this is an LLL release, there's just a delay until next year due to approval delays (probably artwork related, maybe the actors need to approve the use of their image?) 

There are too many titles which we are aware of:

Harry Potter

JFK

Schindler's List

Superman: The Movie

The Towering Inferno

That's seven expansions in total that aren't even released yet.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

We do know Sugarland Express is ready, JW just won't let LLL release it.

Apparently Mike has not given up on it yet. :)

Karol

56 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's strange that LLL put money into Sugarland Express without first getting an approval from JW. Doesn't seem very professional, I'd say.

It's part of the risk i guess. Buying a license to release something is only the first step and doesn't automatically mean you will eventually be able to release anything.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

It's part of the risk i guess. Buying a license to release something is only the first step and doesn't automatically mean you will eventually be able to release anything.

Yeah, but if you want the composer's approvement before releasing the score, it seems obvious you should ask before putting money and time into it.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, but if you want the composer's approvement before releasing the score, it seems obvious you should ask before putting money and time into it.

Yes, but remember that this specific film is a Universal title and part of a larger restoration process going. The new LLL series and expanded albums are only a by-product of what Mike is doing over at Universal, if I understand this correctly.

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Yes, but remember that this specific film is a Universal title and part of a larger restoration process going. The new LLL series and expanded albums are only a by-product of what Mike is doing over at Universal, if I understand this correctly.

Karol

Ah, that makes sense. :)

9 hours ago, Bespin said:

THey can be released next year, there is no rush. Personnaly, I found that everything goes a little too fast for me...  CDs are released one after the other and I don’t even have time to listen to them properly.

I'm really serious... the JP set... I did not have listened to it many many times... now there's E.T.... Stanley & Iris... Close Encounters... The Last Jedi... What else... the Cowboys... Saving Private Ryan... Shindler's List that is coming in december... . the new Dracula... geezzz!!!

WO WO WO!!!

And it's not a money consideration... it's a... I HAVE A LIFE!!! I can't listen music from the morning till the evening every day!!!

14 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I'm really serious... the JP set... I did not have listened to it many many times... now there's E.T.... Stanley & Iris... Close Encounters... The Last Jedi... What else... the Cowboys... Saving Private Ryan... Shindler's List that is coming in december... . the new Dracula... geezzz!!!

WO WO WO!!!

And it's not a money consideration... it's a... I HAVE A LIFE!!! I can't listen music from the morning till the evening every day!!!

Listen at work!

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Listen at work!

Well it's hard sometimes. Usually at the moment I put my headphones, telephone rings or people are coming to my desk...

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

WO WO WO!!!

The Last Jedi??

39 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Huh?

Are you talking about the isolated score? I wouldn't count that among the official expanded sets in that list!

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

As @Omen II pointed out in the other thread, the misprint might have just been the mention of JP being recorded with the LSO. Hopefully that's it.

Karol

You know, I actually thought the LSO had done JP for the longest time for some reason, so to me this is an easy mistake to make! ;) Not sure why I thought this for so long...

Those players knocked it out of the park with the Jurassic Park OST, though. And the recording sounds great, very full, lush, clear, and rockin' when need be.

I don't know if it's Shawn Murphy or what, but a number of the more recent scores by Johnny T. lack that presence, particularly in the newer Star Wars scores.

I made a comment during the LSO performance that Williams' string writing needs to be handled a particular way lest we choke on the strings, and these two scores are some of the worst reminders of that.

10 hours ago, Alan said:

I don't think we should jump to conclusions or worry ourselves about this yet. It's clear something has been worked on. Any delay might simply be waiting for artwork or some other detail to be signed off. It'll come :)

And as we know, some of the approvals concerning these expanded releases can take forever. E.g. LLL has had several that were supposed to come out at a specific time but were delayed because of all kinds of approvals that took longer than expected.

The labels earned the right to announce titles themselves. And Mike's earned the right to decide what information to disseminate prior to everyone having the releases.

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

Frankly, The Post sounded better to me than The Last Jedi, which is a problem! 

Funny, most people preferred TLJ to TFA soundwise.

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

Wellllll, not to fan any old flames, but I wouldn't say inherently that's the problem. Frankly, The Post sounded better to me than The Last Jedi, which is a problem! 

I figure another collaboration with his best pal Stevie would be of inherently stronger delight to mister Williams than yet another war in the stars.

9 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I figure another collaboration with his best pal Stevie would be of inherently stronger delight to mister Williams than yet another war in the stars.

And another collaboration without both of those things would be an even stronger delight to everyone.

3 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I do too! The action music, such as Escape, is where I really hear the improvement.

Me too, which probably makes it my favorite of the two, despite its "best hits" aspect.

15 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's strange that LLL put money into Sugarland Express without first getting an approval from JW. Doesn't seem very professional, I'd say.

Mike isn't just trying to release as much of Williams's music as possible, he's also actively working on getting *everything* safely transferred and archived, even if it cannot be released, or at least not yet.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, Balahkay said:

If he’s referring to HP, maybe it’s because it hasn’t been formally announced and released yet? Then again, didn’t he write the program?

He wrote a part of the programme. Charlie Brigden also contributed an article. I imagine Mike didn't write his own bio blurb.