HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

29 minutes ago, mstrox said:

He also has to listen to me, the guy who is gonna buy it

If we wish hard enough perhaps he'll grant us our wish!

I'm not as pessimistic as KM about the quality of the releases themselves, but I am pretty pessimistic about when they'll come out.  I think people are getting their hopes up for Black Friday and will be disappointed.

Boy will I be happy if I'm wrong!

I'm not counting on this for Black Friday

Especially since we know for a fact that Schindler's List was planned for the end of this year, and have a very strong indication that Superman is coming (and has been preceded quickly by II, III, and IV).

Just now, mstrox said:

Especially since we know for a fact that Schindler's List was planned for the end of this year, and have a very strong indication that Superman is coming (and has been preceded by II, III, and IV).

Exactly.  I can't see them going that overboard with Williams releases on Black Friday.  You never know!  But I'm doubtful.

I would say so.  Two Spielberg collaborations and one of his biggest ever scores.  But who knows!

It's also possible that in, like, January, when they said "a year for the books!" they had more Williams releases planned than what is coming out (and which will now be bumped to 2019 or never, due to delays, etc).

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Is it also possible that we took one statement by MV/LLL and went absolutely bonkers in interpreting it?  Couldn't be!

Maybe the concert program had a typo!

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

But is SL, Superman and SPR a year for the books? Not in my books...

Remember MV also stated that they had planned to release Sugarland Express to kick off the Universal Heritage deal so I would have considered that one for the books with or without Potter.

6 hours ago, Arpy said:

Mike: Mr Williams, would you like the alternates on disc 3 or should we just drop them?

MM would NEVER pose a question like this that way! This is like an invitation to be a dick.:lol:

6 hours ago, redishere said:

unless Williams is opposed to releasing alternates.

He won't, considering he meanwhile allowed that several times and furthermore the alternates seem to be very substantial in this case.

3 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Remember MV also stated that they had planned to release Sugarland Express to kick off the Universal Heritage deal so I would have considered that one for the books with or without Potter.

Take into consideration that "Sugarland Express" was not mentioned in the concert programme. So the enumeration of MM-expanded JW-titles must have been made, when they already knew that Sugarland Express would not be released, which cannot be that long ago. So just a few months or so ago, they were thinking that the expanded Harry Potter set would be out by now. Is that logic?

16 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Take into consideration that "Sugarland Express" was not mentioned in the concert programme. So the enumeration of MM-expanded JW-titles must have been made, when they already knew that Sugarland Express would not be released, which cannot be that long ago. So just a few months or so ago, they were thinking that the expanded Harry Potter set would be out by now. Is that logic?

My comment was regarding the "year for the books" post back in February and not the concert programme notes.

Truth be told, the Universal Heritage Collection was supposed to kick off with Sugarland Express, but after careful consideration the project was dropped at the request of the composer. Bummer too, because it was pretty darn awesome!

Perhaps one day...

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=38&threadID=118900&archive=0

40 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

MM would NEVER pose a question like this that way! This is like an invitation to be a dick.:lol:

He won't, considering he meanwhile allowed that several times and furthermore the alternates seem to be very substantial in this case.

Logical enough for me.

22 hours ago, King Mark said:

3) Repackaged OST's + 1 bonus disk of extra cues + Screen Savers +Collectible stickers, embossed covers  AND foldout poster

How many levels of emboss are we talking here?

1 hour ago, Lockdown said:

Wow thanks for that insight

This from the man who inexplicably thinks these scores will come directly from WaterTower.