HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

7 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

But before the London concert, we didn't know MM had done HP. Or did some members know about this already?

I mean it's nice to have (sorta but not really) confirmation, but Matessino working on a Williams score is just about the least surprising news there can be.

Bloody hell, my last unread post in this thread was on page 8, and we're all the way up to page 14?  Hopefully I find something useful on pages 9-14....

58 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Ron Howard: "He didn't."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Dude, THAT was hilarious!  Gold star!

Image result for gold star

17 hours ago, Muldoon said:

This from the man who inexplicably thinks these scores will come directly from WaterTower.

Because they will. It doesn't add up being Black Friday releases to the say the least considering they would take up 3 of the 5 approved releases for Black Friday. If it's not WaterTower, or later down the line La La Land, we at least know for a fact it won't be Black Friday, unless it is considered *one* approved release, which I highly doubt.

We know Superman, Schindler's List, Thin Red Line, and that leaves only 2 spots left. It doesn't add up to me.

I mentioned that, it's a possibility I guess, but I know that will upset some as only some consider Chamber and Prisoner being worth it, whereas some consider Philosopher's Stone being the only one worth a purchase. The only thing that makes sense of combining those scores into one boxset is the fact that it's by Williams, other than that, I'd be extremely disappointed if the latter 5 scores do not receive the same treatment.

11 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

We know Superman, Schindler's List, Thin Red Line, and that leaves only 2 spots left. It doesn't add up to me.

We don't know that any of those will be Black Friday releases!

I still feel that Harry Potter could very well be announced come Black Friday. I don’t understand what doubt there would be in that. Then again, if it ends up not being announced on Black Friday, then it will definitely be early 2019. However, Black Friday would make sense given the timing of the recent Harry Potter mania leading up to the release of Fantasic Beasts 2, not to mention that this year marks the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Also, Schindler’s List was mentioned in that program bit as well, and LLL has not formally announced it yet. Also, since Mike Matessino produced this upcoming release, it is definitely being released via LLL. 

Whether it will be Black Friday or early 2019, one thing is 100% certain: IT IS COMING.

Think of the way Schindler’s List came about: LLL listed on the theatrical poster and at the end of the trailer way before an official announcement from LLL.

The poster did say it was coming from LLL, though, and also implied the release would be around the movie's rerelease by putting it on the poster. This HP info is nothing.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Think of the way Schindler’s List came about: LLL listed on the theatrical poster and at the end of the trailer way before an official announcement from LLL.

2 hours ago, Lockdown said:

I mentioned that, it's a possibility I guess, but I know that will upset some as only some consider Chamber and Prisoner being worth it, whereas some consider Philosopher's Stone being the only one worth a purchase. The only thing that makes sense of combining those scores into one boxset is the fact that it's by Williams, other than that, I'd be extremely disappointed if the latter 5 scores do not receive the same treatment.

I think it could be something like the JP box set

15 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

JohnnyD, why do you think that MM's involvement implies a LLL release without a doubt? Couldn't it still be Watertower even with him involved?

He, LLL and the Maestro have a strong working relationship? It could, but it seems more likely to be LLL.

A bright idea just occurred. Why not ask Mr. Matessino?

If already asked, maybe there was no comment because it is a surprise?

Like I said, it is coming either way. No worries.

4 hours ago, Holko said:

The poster did say it was coming from LLL, though, and also implied the release would be around the movie's rerelease by putting it on the poster.

Exactly. And both MV and LLL posted articles mentioning that bit of news on their respective Facebook pages, by way of a semi-official announcement

1 minute ago, JohnnyD said:

Let me reiterate just to put any and all doubt to rest: as as confirmed by Mike Matessino on the program to An Celebration of John Williams in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, expanded editions of the Meastro’s three Harry Potter scores are coming soon. When? No one is talking in order to avoid spoiling the surprise. Is it happening, though? Yes.

No one believes you^

Like I said, if one does not believe the blip from the program, why does not one simply ask Mr. Matessino? Or MV? Or Jason? Is it hard to ask?

I would doubt that there would be an instant answer so as not to give away the surprise.

There is no doubt what so ever that the release is happening and coming soon.