HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

On 11/7/2018 at 6:36 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

Because (as stated earlier) Mike has already said that there was misprinted information in the programme and he "appreciates the continued lack of inquiries".

The entire existence of this thread is still dependent on what exactly MM meant by a misprint...

Having said that, I'm firmly in the camp of it being JW listed as conductor. It makes complete marketing sense for HP to come out now, when FB hype couldn't be bigger.

29 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Having said that, I'm firmly in the camp of it being JW listed as conductor.

That's not a misprint. Nobody did erroneously write that Williams would be conducting after he had already cancelled. Obviously the programme was written (and probably printed) before the cancellation. Neither do I see any reason for appreciating a lack of inquiries in that regard.

11 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Neither do I see any reason for appreciating a lack of inquiries in that regard.

What? JW falls ill and MM appreciates people in the soundtrack community not approaching him for details. What part of that doesn't make sense?

Surely something that falls foul of the 'correct at time of printing' is a misprint? Or does it have to be something that was incorrect at the time of writing?

21 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Surely something that falls foul of the 'correct at time of printing' is a misprint? Or does it have to be something that was incorrect at the time of writing?

Otherwise I wouldn't call it a misprint. Plus it says "programme correct at time of print", clearly to indicate that any last minute changes may not be reflected by the programme. And Williams is listed as the concert's conductor multiple time throughout the programme, so it wouldn't be "a" misprint.

I still expect "misprint" is intentionally vague, and the real error is merely that the Potter expansions haven't yet actually been "produced", or at least not to the point of being ready (conceptually, or more likely just contractually and physically) for release. Perhaps they were included in the blurb because they were supposed to be ready for release in time for the concert, or perhaps whoever wrote it didn't have all the information and assumed that they would be ready when they were never planned to be announced this early. Either way, endless discussion on this point are (forgive the pun) pointless, as if these assumptions are correct, Mike Matessino cannot and/or does not want to elaborate. We'll just have to wait and see.

Someone told me that the latest LLL flyer stated that the 13th would see the release of a surprise title.

Also, you guys are forgetting that an official channel (forgot which one) said the concert program would contain a surprise announcement. Why are we still debating whether the HP announcement was a mistake? Do we honestly want to believe that was a typo?

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

So do we think HP is the surprise title that comes out on 13 November? I think it would be perfect timing to coincide with the worldwide FB2 release.

Someone told me that the latest LLL flyer stated that the 13th would see the release of a surprise title.

I have no clue what you're talking about here with any kind of "surprise" title in November? Where are you getting this from?  MV posted the November flier on their Facbook page back on November 1st right here:

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754/10157087178688755/?type=3&theater

And that image shows Airport '77 / Airport '79 2CD set, Die Hard 3CD set, and The Haunting of Hill House as their November 13th titles.  That's it.  

Also, you guys are forgetting that an official channel (forgot which one) said the concert program would contain a surprise announcement. 

Huh?  What are you talking about here?  Where are you getting these claims from?

Okay, so...

It turns out that the person claiming that we would get one more surprise title on the 13th mistook the LLL logo for an upcoming release, not sure what happened there...

The very special announcement I was referring to must have been something mentioned on Classsic FM, because we suddenly talk about it on page 41 of the concert thread.

Yes, the presenter said the announcer would come up now with a very special announcement. Which turned out to be the LSO members telling stories, John listening and his letter.

Yes that's my source of confusion.

The blurb also mentioned several other expansions that haven't come out yet, and HP was very prominent. If that's a mistake, it's a huge one.

God dammit, why did he have to tell us there was a typo!

Don't these major film franchises usually place embargoes on releases of stuff pertaining to legacy entries when there is a new film on the way? Something about not diluting the marketing push.

Just saying. I'd love to be wrong though. 

10 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Either way, endless discussion on this point are (forgive the pun) pointless, as if these assumptions are correct, Mike Matessino cannot and/or does not want to elaborate. We'll just have to wait and see.

This and this:

On 11/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, JohnnyD said:

Let me reiterate just to put any and all doubt to rest: as was confirmed by Mike Matessino on the program to An Celebration of John Williams in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, expanded editions of the Meastro’s three Harry Potter scores are coming soon. When? No one is talking in order to avoid spoiling the surprise. Is it happening, though? Yes.

It is simply a matter of waiting for the official announcement with release date and details. It is happening, though.

With that, I will check back on Black Friday.

1 hour ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Did you affix the decals to the jewel cases?

I didn’t: bought those CDs in 2001, 2002 and 2004. Stickers were the thing back in the day, apparently

6 hours ago, Holko said:

I wouldn't trust somebody who lacks the basic instinct to immediately rip those abominations off! ;)

I tried once, those abominations tore in half, left a scarily semen-like gluey stain on the jewel case: never tried it again.

3 hours ago, redishere said:

I tried once, those abominations tore in half, left a scarily semen-like gluey stain on the jewel case: never tried it again.

Same. All of my SW prequel albums have like 3 sticker each, one of them I tried to gently take off, and it tore in half leaving the residue. Ah the days before plastic wrap...

I put the little stickers on the LotR CR's on the front when I got them, mistakenly thinking I liked the idea, then a few weeks ago I tried to peel them off and it pulled some of the cover with it. Now there's a small white patch on the front of RotK grrr.

30 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I put the little stickers on the LotR CR's on the front when I got them, mistakenly thinking I liked the idea, then a few weeks ago I tried to peel them off and it pulled some of the cover with it. Now there's a small white patch on the front of RotK grrr.

Oof. Damn, that sucks!

20 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I like the stickers sometimes, if I'm the one owning the cds, who else is gonna care? 

My thoughts exactly. I don’t mind the “limited 2CD edition” stickers. The only ones bothering me are the SIAE silvery stickers: only italian stores have them (SIAE is the italian society managing royalties and copyright), and they are almost impossible to peel off ‘cause they are heavily glued and they are already sliced in six or seven wavy pieces, as you can see in the picture I posted. Hate those things.

I use benzine with a soft cloth to remove sticky residue from jewel cases. Works beautifully.

The worst stickers are those white bar code things stuck to the top of the jewel cases on US issues, especially when they get old.

2 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I use benzine with a soft cloth to remove sticky residue from jewel cases. Works beautifully.

Precisely, it's plastic, not like the paper CR boxes (shame on whoever that was!), I'd start with just scrubbing with my nail and go on to alcohol if needed.Anything to get those useless monstrosities from cluttering and obscuring the artwork.