HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

So how do we think MM has tackled all the short HP3 cues? Would JW have approved a chronological presentation? Might we get cross-faded long tracks? These are the things that keep me awake at night now.

8 hours ago, redishere said:

My thoughts exactly. I don’t mind the “limited 2CD edition” stickers. The only ones bothering me are the SIAE silvery stickers: only italian stores have them (SIAE is the italian society managing royalties and copyright), and they are almost impossible to peel off ‘cause they are heavily glued and they are already sliced in six or seven wavy pieces, as you can see in the picture I posted. Hate those things.

I know these. They're on every second Morricone CD that I buy! I gave up trying to peel them off, after having tried it once.

15 hours ago, redishere said:

while we "patiently" wait for November 23rd....

It is 23rd. And its my Birthday! So its a date I cant forget. Mark your calendar then :P

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

MM will tackle them by bending down to their height so they feel more comfortable talking to longer cues.

Sounds about right. Good guy MM is the hero we definitely deserve

35 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

So I've gone all this time without having a clue that there was an alternate ending to Azkaban leading into the end credits. I was looking at the score today and saw the cue "A New Broomstick" and decided to have a go at mocking it up together with the originally planned end credits going into Hedwig's Theme. I then found Datameister's great version but kept going anyway. Have a listen if you'd like:

Anticipation levels at an all time high.

Great, great stuff! A really good job, sir.

53 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I wonder what JWfan was like in the pre-LLL days.

It was great. We had all those lovely FSM Silver Age releases along with the odd Intrada and Varese Club surprise. 

9 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

So I've gone all this time without having a clue that there was an alternate ending to Azkaban leading into the end credits. I was looking at the score today and saw the cue "A New Broomstick" and decided to have a go at mocking it up together with the originally planned end credits going into Hedwig's Theme. I then found Datameister's great version but kept going anyway. Have a listen if you'd like:

Anticipation levels at an all time high.

Very nice! I prefer it to the final film version. I guess the scene was changed, hence the cue had to be rewritten.

5 minutes ago, Score said:

Very nice! I prefer it to the final film version. I guess the scene was changed, hence the cue had to be rewritten.

I prefer the film version (regarding the broomstick scene). This version here is more in line with the child friendlier first two scores.

16 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

I downloaded it on October 26, 2010, so it must have been around that time. I remember that and the CoS leak very well. They were big moments in my life... moments that I wasn't able to share with the important people in my life, because nobody cared. Haha

I had to go to my friend’s house because my internet was not stable enough to get the HPSS leak without the download dropping. Good times

I only remember when Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows dropped. I was studying for a Spanish grammar exam when I suddenly got hold of them. Sweating and discarding all the Spanish tenses, I listened to some tracks, had crazy and feverish conversations with a few fellow HP fans and even passed the exam the next morning.

1 hour ago, Smeltington said:

I downloaded it on October 26, 2010, so it must have been around that time. I remember that and the CoS leak very well. They were big moments in my life... moments that I wasn't able to share with the important people in my life, because nobody cared. Haha

Same here. I almost had a heart attack.

I remember when Chamber of Secrets leaked because I had just finished making myself a nice complete edit with dvd-rips....if only I had just waited a little.

I actually found out about the leaks just recently, and I freaked out because I remember when I first bought the HPSS soundtrack, in 2001, I was so disappointed a lot of cues were missing. On the other hand, I've been desperately searching for PoA since 2004 so I'm quite tense these days.

I found out about the HPSS leak probably around a year after it happened (maybe less, I'm not exactly sure when it leaked). COS on the other hand I was on the main page of that website that must not be named, and it was the first post. I flipped out a bit, then realized it was probably just yet another hoax. Then I downloaded it, and realized it was the real deal. First cues I listened to were the Quidditch cues, which I had been looking for forever.

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I found out about the HPSS leak probably around a year after it happened (maybe less, I'm not exactly sure when it leaked). COS on the other hand I was on the main page of that website that must not be named, and it was the first post. I flipped out a bit, then realized it was probably just yet another hoax. Then I downloaded it, and realized it was the real deal. First cues I listened to were the Quidditch cues, which I had been looking for forever.

The Quidditch cues in COS are incredible. So much energy.

I recently listened to those while going for a walk in the countryside, my heart was pounding in the end.

3 minutes ago, redishere said:

The Quidditch cues in COS are incredible. So much energy.

I recently listened to those while going for a walk in the countryside, my heart was pounding in the end.

Yes, it's phenomenally conducted and performed. I'm not sure Williams really wrote anything though, the whole thing seems like adapted music from PS and AOTC.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Yes, it's phenomenally conducted and performed. I'm not sure Williams really wrote anything though, the whole thing seems like adapted music from PS and AOTC.

Probably, yeah, but the infamous AOTC-inspired cue in COS is impressive: I don't know why, but I find the one in AOTC a little bit dull in comparison.

Just now, redishere said:

Probably: but the infamous AOTC-inspired cue in COS is impressive: I don't know why, but I find the one in AOTC a little bit dull in comparison.

Yes, funnily enough the COS interpretation of that music is much more athletic, intense and tight. Amazing the difference a conductor can make, because the musicians were probably almost exactly the same across scores.

Worth noting that Williams was competing in a soundscape of loud engines and Coruscant noise, however, so he may have approached the AOTC cue differently (streamlining the musical approach to help punch through Burtt's stupendously obnoxious noise).

33 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Worth noting that Williams was competing in a soundscape of loud engines and Coruscant noise, however, so he may have approached the AOTC cue differently (streamlining the musical approach to help punch through Burtt's stupendously obnoxious noise).

Williams vs Doppler Effect

I'd like to know the story behind that, I hope the liner notes tell us. 

"I asked John, what should I adapt for the Quidditch match? He was in a bad mood that day and snapped back at me, 'here, use this stuff from the Star Wars II, George will probably splice it up anyway!' and so use it, I did!" -William Ross

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

The Ludlow's Demise bit is also in the PS Quidditch cue

Hmm, true, I guess it's more disguised in HP1, and more obvious to me in HP2

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

And the Ludlow's Demise riff too.

I have been thinking about that phrase for at least 5 minutes, but now I know what you mean, without having listened to The Quidditch Match.

Now that somebody mentioned it, I absolutely agree on the similarity.