HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

40 minutes ago, Arpy said:

If it came down to a choice between HP and the other titles to be released, HP would win hands down! Sorry Superman and Schindler's List!

Superman? How many fucking releases does that score need?

Superman is a better score than Potter but we are talking in degrees of greatness. I just require the end titles to HPPOA as heard in the film. 

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Superman is a better score than Potter but we are talking in degrees of greatness. I just require the end titles to HPPOA as heard in the film. 

I wonder how Matessino will tackle this. The suite on the OST has several differences from the film version, the obvious insert at the start notwithstanding.

Considering most of it is tracked music anyway, I'm not sure they'll bother including the full suite. The OST version is on the OST for fans of that suite. The film version can be ripped from the Bluray for anyone who wants it badly enough. I'd be happy if it just included the music Williams actually wrote for the credits at the start (both versions, with insert + without) and discarded the rest.

I'm sure whatever MM has decided, it'll be perfect. Especially if the score is as rich with alternates and early versions of cues as the rumour goes. 

1 minute ago, Holko said:

And Empire and Jedi in a proper presentation and listenable quality...

OK they could use sprucing up but they aren't THAT bad really to call them unlistenable.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Except the knife was sold dull because some assholes didn't give a shit about doing their job properly.

If you only listened to Star Wars on the Special Edition...

then you haven't listened to Star Wars at all.

I wonder what MM has done with all those extremely short cues from the third score. It'll have at least 40 tracks even if you connect a bunch of cues in the main program. This regarding, it must be hard to satisfy Mr. Williams.

5 hours ago, Muldoon said:

I'm sure many people just want ONE decent sounding expanded program without 5 discs of music from other movies. Sound reasonable to you?

No.

15 hours ago, Alan said:

My in-laws just wondered why I leaped from my seat at the dinner table 😂

Same here! I was having dinner with friends: when I checked the phone and gasped,

my girlfriend actually thought I was having a stroke or something. :D 

Finger crossed for the official announcement, folks! 

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

I think we can deduce an imminent release of these, purely because they were included alongside Schindler's List & Superman, neither of which are officially announced but are all-but-confirmed for next month.

It could very well be an all-John Williams Black Friday event. Potentially 11-12 CDs altogether (if they go 2+2+2 for the Potter film score presentations then +1 bonus CD for further alternates/additional music). 😋

A 7 CD boxset? Is that even realistic? How much would that cost? 59,99 plus shipping?

Or they could just release one 3 HP album each month, starting in November or December....

Either way, this will be my last JW holy grail! Kinda bittersweet. There's nothing left that's as exciting or desirable for me (well, there are other JW scores, but nothing comparable).

Technically a box set of all 3 scores (probably $90) works out cheaper than buying each score individually ($30 each) every few months, due to the structure of their shipping costs. Just saying!

13 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Either way, this will be my last JW holy grail! Kinda bittersweet. There's nothing left that's as exciting or desirable for me (well, there are other JW scores, but nothing comparable).

Oh wait. 

I forgot about the Star Wars prequels. That's another holy grail for me. That'll be the last. 

Well, that and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, or course. 😂

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Technically a box set of all 3 scores (probably $90) works out cheaper than buying each score individually ($30 each) every few months, due to the structure of their shipping costs. Just saying!

But you can still stagger them over a year if you want to instead of paying a shitton upfront. I'd certainly only get Azkaban first, the others later.

You forgot Temple of doom and Last Crusade

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Oh wait. 

I forgot about the Star Wars prequels. That's another holy grail for me. That'll be the last. 

Well, that and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, or course. 😂

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

But you can still stagger them over a year if you want to instead of paying a shitton upfront. I'd certainly only get Azkaban first, the others later.

I don't want to wait a year, who knows what can happen .i'd rather have them all at once

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

You forgot Temple of doom and Last Crusade

Well, the Concorde edition is far from perfect, but I'm content with it. If another, better edition comes along, that's great, but at this point these scores are not holy grails for me.

Although KotcS....?  The complete Jungle Chase! :D

8 minutes ago, Holko said:

Yeah I know, but still...

$90 + $14 + $2.75 + $2.75 + $2.75 + $2.75 + $2.75 + $2.75 = $120.50

vs $30 + $14 + $2.75 + $30 + $14 + $2.75 + $30 + $14 + $2.75 + $2.75  = $143.00

Also, if there's a 7th disc with extra tracks from all 3 scores (pure speculation, but I don't think everything fits on 6 discs) how do they release that outside a box set? No doubt there'll be a delicious booklet filled with Mike's liner notes and covering the entire trilogy as well, which is gold in itself.

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

They saw how great the Jurassic Park Collection album did, and they're probably gonna see to upping that. 

A gorgeous 7 (or even 8 CD!! 😎) boxset, complete with a book featuring tons of artwork, 3 individual booklets with MM's liner notes for each score, brand-new cover artwork, the works.

Price? 99,99 USD. 😂 

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Also, if there's a 7th disc with extra tracks from all 3 scores (pure speculation, but I don't think everything fits on 6 discs) how do they release that outside a box set?

I somehow didn't think of that. 3+2+3? Feck, even more expensive. And I still have to get Dracula, too!

Does Philosopher's Stone fit on two CDs? I doubt it.

CoS probably, if they don't include music from PS, and PoA probably also.

PS has the most music of all. So if they're gonna release them individually, PS will likely be the only 3 CD set.

Without the Suite, I think PS just barely fits on 2 discs. If CS doesn't have many alternates, Disc 2 could have space to house the Suite. Don't know specifics about Azkaban, but it's long and has many interesting alternates.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

A gorgeous 7 (or even 8 CD!! 😎) boxset, complete with a book featuring tons of artwork, 3 individual booklets with MM's liner notes for each score, brand-new cover artwork, the works.

Azkaban is obviously a bit mysterious as we don't know exactly how much material was recorded, but based on the sessions that leaked for the first two scores:

HP1 Sessions: 2:55:44 total duration (includes multiple takes)

HP2 Cue List: 1:56:26 total duration of written music to be recorded

So considering the sessions have multiple takes that won't all be included, maybe it's reasonable to assume that each Potter score can fit on 2 discs each, with Azkaban the mystery (albeit the shorter film and, I think, shortest score overall).

But at this point I think the likeliest option is that they'll release all 3 scores in one big giant box set. Somehow that makes the most sense.

And maybe they're even gonna do a discount (as a thank you!) and sell it for 59,99 USD! 

Currently listening to PoA.... Man, this score is just awesome beyond words! :music::woop:

DSC_7388.JPG

I’m a bit ignorant when it comes to expanded score releases. Which company would release this and how easy would it be able to get in the UK?

Surely LLL, no?

I remember I downloaded the "leaked sessions" for HP 1... just because I was curious to hear the original JW recordings of his "suites".

It's curious to say, buy I am never conformtable to listen to this kind of "bootlegg".

I never really listened to it many times, and I think I deleted the files shortly after...

Now I'm happy the original recordings where about to be released on a CD, for me, il will be a more properly way to listen to them.

And as it's MM who produced it, I am sure it will be properly organized.

10 minutes ago, fommes said:

I just hope that alternate Double Trouble with slightly extended ending from one of the trailers is included.

Yes.

That was even recorded with a different choir! Sounds awesome.

So experts... how do you think it will be released... one box for each movie? All the three together?

It's at least 3 CD just for the first movie, no?

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Are you talking about this? I wonder if the whole trailer is Williams?

Yes that's it! 

I think this choir sounds somewhat better than the one featured on the OST album. 

Is this mixed choir, while the OST choir is just boys? Not sure, but it does sound different.