HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

MM might break up that sort of repetition by putting a few concert suites at the start of the presentation, maybe? Hedwig's Theme at least.

Why not present the Suites in their "Suite" complete form, no?

Yes, the full 24 minutes at the end as a whole. Will Harry's Wondrous World be doubled as well? It works brilliantly as the Suite finale but it needs the COS OST ending there.

No it doesn't sound fantastic at all, I like not having to touch my volume button, thank you very much...

I'm wondering whether this is the release that Jay talked about earlier in the 'for the books' thread, the one where he would get more credit in the booklet.

As for HWW, couldn't MM put one version on HP1 and the COS version on HP2? Wouldn't be repetitive at all.

But I won't really care if the suite isn't on the set, as long as I have a complete POA.

And I also wouldn't be concerned about JW's input, he has clearly embraced MM's work. As long as everything is there, even if it's out of order, I'll be on top of the world.

54 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'd guess this was an early version of the track which Williams must have recorded for Cuaron before production began, as a guide to use on set?

It wasn't that complicated, it was just meant for the trailer. I get the impression that Williams really liked working on the Potter movies and was willing to go that extra mile; he probably would have written original music for a CoS trailer too if he hadn't been so busy that year.

Fun fact, the pre-Double Trouble music in the trailer was actually written by Brand X Music (Tom Gire and John Sponsler) but was still recorded with DT and conducted by Williams.

11 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I guess we'll finally know the truth about who wrote what in CoS

We already know that! 

JW composed everything. WR just arranged and conducted the pieces.

10 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

We already know that! 

JW composed everything. WR just arranged and conducted the pieces.

yeah I agree but other members dont think so

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

It would be so deflating to have the official expansion without the children’s suite. Making do with the crap audio quality of the leak for another couple decades or something :(

Come on Mike!  You can do it!  Take as many discs as needed!

Honestly, you think there is any chance that the suite won't be included?

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Honestly, you think there is any chance that the suite won't be included?

Might depend on if they would have to be licensed seperatly, or the rights to it belong to a different company than the cues recorded for the film.

Anyone know anything about this?

@Disco Stu my set of HPPS from the place-that-must-not-be-named is a special mastering of the leaked files, the Children's Suite included. The work put into mastering and arranging the cues and edits has been the closest thing we've had to a professional official release. 

I think MM will do everything in his power to put everything on these releases, including the suites.

Look at E.T. - he really didn't need to track down the theme park ride music and include it, but he did :)

I'd be surprised if the Children's Suite is missing. It was written and recorded at the same time as the rest of the score, and Williams liked it enough in the 2000s to include 3.5 movements of it on the OST, and another on the COS OST. Quidditch, Family Portrait, Voldemort, Nimbus 2000, and the end of Diagon Alley will have their day in the publicly released limelight!

1 hour ago, Datameister said:

I'd be surprised if the Children's Suite is missing. It was written and recorded at the same time as the rest of the score, and Williams liked it enough in the 2000s to include 3.5 movements of it on the OST, and another on the COS OST. Quidditch, Family Portrait, Voldemort, Nimbus 2000, and the end of Diagon Alley will have their day in the publicly released limelight!

Considering a great sounding bootleg of Philosophers Stone has been out for years, including the children's suite would be an extra incentive to get the new one.

24 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Mike mentioned on FB there was some misprinted information in the programme...

I'm curious, where did he write that? I don't see it on the "wall" of his profile

23 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Mike mentioned on FB there was some misprinted information in the programme... Hope it's not THIS bit of information...

Karol

To me, the following sentence is a clear indication that expanded HPs are near, but not yet official:

...about which I appreciate the continued lack of inquiries. 

13 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

I'm curious, where did he write that? I don't see it on the "wall" of his profile

In the London meetup event page. It was a private group on FB.

In all honesty, I have no idea what it's about. I haven't got a copy of the programme.

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Probably not that part.

Perhaps it simply wasn't supposed to be announced this way?

Karol