Details from Mike Matessino's London talk

Jurassic Shark

Eeek. I can almost see the trailer already!

Bohemian Rhapsody-esque remix/mash-up of his most famous themes over quick cuts of him fighting with a mathematician over the five-tones and a concerned Spielberg telling Williams to slow down. Money shot at the end of Williams raising the baton to conduct Star Wars for the first time.

Nope, I don't think it'll work :P

16 hours ago, Damien F said:

Given what JW says in the clip above about finding clarity in his writing after her death, it could be argued that his most famous scores and themes might not even exist in their current form had Barbara not passed away. Incredible to think about that, really.

I think that's exactly what he's saying.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Wouldnt make for a very interesting film though.

Just needs the right score to make it work.

Not really.

When you start to assemble bits and pieces of information, doing timelines, cross-referencing and checking etc., a quite interesting story appears. 

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It seems you'll have to write the book!

John Williams: an unauthorized biography, or why I hate Hans Zimmer

But @Thor doesn't hate Hans Zimmer IIRC.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

In preparation for the role Daniel Day-Lewis to go full method actor and write a fully orchestral score that ends up being used in the film. Become first person to be nominated for Best Actor and Best Original Score. *Head explodes*

Now that's method acting!

A movie about John Williams? I’m interest in the part after he lost his first wife, then fell into the hell of drugs.

:lurk:

Thanks. I just wondered if the comment about the podium talk not being released implied other material would be. That was my first I impression from your post. Just asked for clarification 

The Land Race is a phenomenal scene and cue. Then there's the final cue, The Big Match, Joseph's Dream, Leaving Home. It's always been a personal favourite, not that I'm at all Irish biased 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the same ground is covered as in the London talk but it is all still as fascinating as ever.