Well, I'm back

Jay

Just now, The Illustrious Jerry said:

That's the way to do it...I think.

Image result for mr beans vacation gif

That's your impersonation of Normandy landings?

Just now, Bilbo said:

@Jay I’m thinking of Iceland next year for a couple of days. What did you think of it?

I hear very good things about Iceland. The glaciers, the Blue Lagoon. Some nice picturesque stuff.

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

That's your impersonation of Normandy landings?

Image result for mr bean bike gif

28 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

@Jay I’m thinking of Iceland next year for a couple of days. What did you think of it?

Iceland is amazing, we love it.

However, it would be extremely cold and rainy/snowy this time of year.  So you might not have fun exploring some of the really cool stuff outside Reykavik if you are not tolerant to that kind of stuff and might enjoy it more in the summer

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Er...yes, getting back to some sort of normality...when do we get to see some lovely holiday pics, @Jay?

I posted stuff to Facebook every day more or less, but can try to throw together something for here perhaps

2 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

QUESTION:

How do you say Reykjavik?

It’s a tough one to write phonetically but I guess Reck-ah-Vick 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Iceland is amazing, we love it.

However, it would be extremely cold and rainy/snowy this time of year.  So you might not have fun exploring some of the really cool stuff outside Reykavik if you are not tolerant to that kind of stuff and might enjoy it more in the summer.

The cold never bothered me anyway. 

I’d want to be able to see the Northern Lights if I went!

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

The cold never bothered me anyway. 

I’d want to be able to see the Northern Lights if I went!

If you want to see the Northern Lights, now's the time to go.  You can't really see them in the summer

6 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. Cold doesn’t bother me and I’m Irish so rain is a daily part of life...

Please tell me living there is not like Angela's Ashes on the loop for all eternity. ;)

20060903611eb5647603c62bd05ae9d9.jpg

Karol

5 hours ago, Jay said:

But yes, Southern France is next on our to-go list for European travel.  Though we want to see Germany, too!

Why not come to Austria, if Williams does indeed reschedule the Philharmonic concerts!

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Ruinous for his post count!

Ha! Jay merged my temp account into my proper one!

20 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Please tell me living there is not like Angela's Ashes on the loop for all eternity. ;)

20060903611eb5647603c62bd05ae9d9.jpg

Karol

Er... of course... not..... 😐

• 4 months later...

Well, I'm back again.

The wife and I took off for a 2 week vacation to Hawaii and just got back Saturday.

Apart from a few accidental / muscle memory bookmark clicks, I haven't actually visited this site at all since March 15th.  This is easily the longest time I have ever gone without checking this site at all since becoming a regular daily poster around 2007 or whenever it was.

So, what did I miss?  What threads should I check out first?

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Welcome back!

Thank you!  It's good to be back!

Just now, El Jefe said:

You were gone?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Apart from a few accidental / muscle memory bookmark clicks, I haven't actually visited this site at all since March 15th. 

Humor, it is a difficult concept.

from your Facebook posts over the last few weeks I kinda figured you were on vacation. 😉

Welcome back - hope you had as good a time as it looked like you did on Facebook!

The Mstrox Thread is required reading as always!

You missed a couple of resolved spam attacks, you missed Episode IX becoming the new disenchantment thread.

LLL is doing Elfman’s M:I and Darkman, per their recent panel at Wondercon.

Been pretty quiet generally.

M:I was already known, but Darkman is hella great news!  Didn't they announce a Stargate 25th anniversary edition as well?

Should I break out posts from the Ep 9 thread and put them into the disenchantment thread?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Should I break out posts from the Ep 9 thread and put them into the disenchantment thread?

Please

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

If it suits your peace of mind.  I’m hoping that once real news rolls around at Star Wars Celebration, the ghoulishness will just tuck itself away again

Itll probably get worse 

I had lunch with the LLL guys (Matt and MV) along with Neil Bulk, Mike Matessino, and Joe Kraemer the first Monday of my vacation.  They didn't even tell me about Darkman or Stargate!  Mission Impossible is going to be great, though!

I only read about Stargate on FSM.  Was it a joke post?  I haven't gone back there yet today.

Oooh was the panel discussion recorded?  I'll listen to the whole thing if so! Kraemer is full of interesting stories

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Hawaii is a beautiful, fun place!

Which island did you two visit?

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Stay away from the Episode IX thread!

Except for my award-winning post there from last week, of course.

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

So list all the scores you listened to Jason, while you were away.

Nothing in Hawaii, but in Los Angeles I listened to bits of The Man Who Killed Hitler and then Bigfoot, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Celeste, The Force Awakens, and Hook.

4 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Which island did you two visit?

Oahu, Hawaii, Kauai, and Maui.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Hawaii is a beautiful, fun place!

With massive problems regarding drugs and poverty in its indigenous population, who's culture has been completely transformed into something for tourists to gawk at.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

who's culture has been completely transformed into something for tourists to gawk at.

You sure about that? I grew up there as a last stop before coming to the mainland US. Yes, there's a sizable part that's designed for tourists, has been shown as a display...but I assure you, especially when you're away from the "hotspots", their culture and traditions are alive and well. 

You're right about the drugs and poverty, though, unfortunately.