Official List of John Williams Currently Streaming Movies (US)

Dr. Rick

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Is the IMAGES version on Amazon the same quality as the DVD release?

No idea on video quality, sorry.  I have not seen the movie at all but plan on watching it sometime soon.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, PokeDocMatt said:

Great thread! Have been wanting to see Images for a while. Had no idea it was on Prime, and it probably never would have shown up on recommended!

Same here and thanks to this tread I watched it last night.  It was just as creepy as anticipated.

21 hours ago, Quintus said:

Maybe in your country it is. In others, it's probably not even streamable. This appears to be a US centric list.

Ah, so it appears. LAST JEDI, for example, is not available on our Netflix over here.

• 11 months later...

Minor and incomplete update...  I'll put together a more complete list in the near future.

1941 is now showing on Crackle (free with ads).  I have never seen this movie, I started to watch it the other day but 15 minutes into it I had to turn it off, it was that bad.  Should I pick up where I left off and stick with it 'til the bitter end?  Or just enjoy the soundtrack and move on with my life?  LOL

Dracula and War of the Worlds are now showing on HBO Go and HBO Now.  Just watched Dracula the other day for the first time, very cheesy in parts but it was a well-done movie for the time.  And now that I have the soundtrack I was able to follow along with my liner notes / track list as I was watching. :)

Finally, I watched WOTW last night for the first time the whole way through.  No idea why I haven't before, I've seen bits and pieces when it's been on cable in the past.  What an awesome movie!  The whole basement scene with Ogilve was intense!  Can't wait for the Matessino treatment on this release!

That's a good question! 16:9 is the new Pan and Scamn. Our local satellite broadcaster does this with all 'Scope ratio films. So glad I have my OAR LDs, DVDs and BDs.

3 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Finally, I watched WOTW last night for the first time the whole way through.  No idea why I haven't before, I've seen bits and pieces when it's been on cable in the past.  What an awesome movie!  The whole basement scene with Ogilve was intense!  Can't wait for the Matessino treatment on this release!

I love WOTW, probably my favourite Spielberg of this century.

1941 is now showing on Crackle (free with ads).  I have never seen this movie, I started to watch it the other day but 15 minutes into it I had to turn it off, it was that bad.  Should I pick up where I left off and stick with it 'til the bitter end?  Or just enjoy the soundtrack and move on with my life?  LOL

Mostly for the Spielberg completists, I'd say. It's one of his weakest films and basically two hours of non-stop screaming and explosions. Williams' over-the-top score ain't helping much (although it works better on album). It does have some strengths -- some of Spielberg's ingenuinity in the setpieces and the hazy, retro cinematography. But yeah -- you aren't missing much if you decide to skip it.

Dracula and War of the Worlds are now showing on HBO Go and HBO Now.  Just watched Dracula the other day for the first time, very cheesy in parts but it was a well-done movie for the time.  And now that I have the soundtrack I was able to follow along with my liner notes / track list as I was watching. :)

I actually think it's one of the better DRACULA films. Badham was doing the romantic version many years before Coppola (although Coppola's is obviously 10 times better).

As we've discussed in another thread -- absolutely brilliant film!

I've read that the longer director's cut makes more sense out of the story.

• 7 months later...

Black Sunday is currently on Prime Video, watched it for the first time last night.  Movie was OK, didn't realize how much of the movie was not scored.

HBO Max has also recently launched, I get it included for free with my AT&T internet package.  Here are the JW films currently on it that I can see so far.

-Far & Away

-Empire of the Sun

-Jaws

-War of the Worlds

-Harry Potter (1-8)

The 9 Williams Star Wars movies are on Disney+, as is The BFG.

TLJ isn't on Netflix any more - although I do believe Solo is, which may be listworthy due to Williams' contributions.

Netflix (Chile) currently has all the Indiana Jones films, Close Encounters, Catch Me if You Can, Jaws, Jurassic Park 1 and 2, Saving Private Ryan, War of the Worlds. I’m sorted for my JW fix during this quarantine.