Henry Jackman's DETECTIVE PIKACHU (2019)

Kasey Kockroach

Yes, this should appeal to his jaded sensibilities perfectly! He's been betrayed by Scott, he's been betrayed by Snyder...but now a new guy, whoever's behind this one, this guy will fill Alex with new hope for expressionist cinema!

Dare I say...film as an artform can be saved!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Calling @Alexcremers!

9 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Slap Pikachu into a movie and, who cares what it's about or how horrible it is, the Pokemon people will come. 

I am waiting for a Lord of the Rings spin-off, The Lord of the Rings - Detective Gandalf. The LotR people would surely come.

It looks bizarre, but surprisingly entertaining, I just feel as though this is like some sort of Pokéxploitation where it hasn't really introduced the Pokémon world but will happily use the beloved characters for whatever end. Ryan Reynolds seems to be doing Deadpool here too.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

I am waiting for a Lord of the Rings spin-off, The Lord of the Rings - Detective Gandalf. The LotR people would surely come.

They should go with Arwen & Aragorn: The New Adventures of Elessar TV soap like series.

Karol

I know nothing of Pokemon or Henry Jackman, but I know that Puss in Boots was an excellent score for what I assume is an average animated film. I expect this could be the same.

Appreciated the Pokémon GameBoy theme in the beginning.

Anything after that looks appalling. Could you pick a worse voice for a Pikachu?

Typical americanized shit made from Japanese culture that actually has a heart.

1 minute ago, gkgyver said:

Appreciated the Pokémon GameBoy theme in the beginning.

Anything after that looks appalling. Could you pick a worse voice for a Pikachu?

Apparently they tried to get Danny DeVito to do the voice! 

I'm not joking.

5 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I'm not joking.

Well at least the whole point is that Pikachu doesn't just say "Pika, pika" throughout the whole film. I can't think of anyone who would suit to be the voice of this Pokemon.

6 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I'm not joking.

Yes! Get DeVito to do a redub! Please!

9 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Ready Pikachu One

I was gonna say they should get Silvestri to do the score, but then I remembered the title of the thread!

There is Star Wars themes quickly (Imperial March and Main title) in Ralph Breaks the Internet, the last Henry Jackman score.

Just sayin'.

• 5 months later...
On 5/16/2019 at 4:19 AM, Alex said:

This score is extremely loud in the film

Yes, I was astonished that out of a crop of recent blockbusters, this score should receive such a prominent mix. 

The film should've been a direct-to-video release, kind of like the live action Scooby-Doo films produced in the 2010s. It's not good.

The characters are abysmally weak, making the poor CGI look and feel more human and real than the human characters. 

Wasn't expecting much, but also wasn't expecting this nonsense.