How would you rate "The Adventures of Han"?

Josh500

How do you rate "The Adventures of Han"?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Rate John Williams's "The Adventures of Han"!

2. 2. Rate John Powell's score of "Solo: A Star Wars Story"!

3. 3. Rate the movie "Solo: A Star Wars Story"!

It's energetic and adventorous, good for the movie if not for the Han we knew for 40 years. 4 stars.

Powell's score is a 5er, no brainer.

The movie's meh as hell, I voted half - 2.5

21 minutes ago, Holko said:

It's energetic and adventorous, good for the movie if not for the Han we knew for 40 years. 4 stars.

Powell's score is a 5er, no brainer.

Is Powell's score really that good? 

I should listen to it. 😂 

The Adventures of Han has really grown on me recently. For a while it was the odd new kid on the block, but now it's well and truly in the Star Wars family.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

The Adventures of Han has really grown on me recently. For a while it was the odd new kid on the block, but now it's well and truly in the Star Wars family.

You mean just JW's piece, or the entire score?

19 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You mean just JW's piece, or the entire score?

Just Williams' piece. Not that I dislike Powell's score, I like it, I just listen to Williams' theme far more often.

5 stars for the John Williams Track.

Very good and energic. You hear it once and it stays in your head, like the Rey's Theme.

4 stars for the John Powell score.

Action pieces are powerful, Marauders theme is great, the love theme superb... but it's not really sound like Star Wars sometimes.

3 stars for the film

The less good Star Wars movie. Fun, a lot of good scenes but I take it like an episode of Rebels or a comics, it's not in the saga for me.

55 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I should listen to it. 😂 

You're doing a poll asking people to rate Powell's score and you haven't listened to it.....

Brilliant.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

I should listen to it. 😂 

You don't listen it ??? :o So... you don't see the movie too ?

2 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

You're doing a poll asking people to rate Powell's score and you haven't listened to it.....

I haven't. That's why I'm asking.

Is that too hard to understand for you? 😂 

1 hour ago, Obi said:

You don't listen it ??? :o So... you don't see the movie too ?

No, I haven't. Yet.

I just bought the OST album, and I have only listened to JW's piece so far.

2 hours ago, Obi said:

5 stars for the John Williams Track.

Very good and energic. You hear it once and it stays in your head, like the Rey's Theme.

Hmmm, this theme is great, but surely Rey's Theme is quite a bit more powerful and effective and memorable, and ultimately better.

IMO, of course.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

3.5 stars for the theme

4 stars for the score

2 stars for the film

I agree with Disco Stu.

Score of the year so far. 5.

Deserves an FYC for sure.

Adventures of Han really allows it to soar. Powell's work is really good, but Williams themes are essential. 5.

I liked the film because it was very lax and fun. Nothing too special. 3.

The Adventures of Han: 4 out of 5. A fun, energetic little piece that is very re-listenable, despite being somewhat generic by Williams' standards.

Powell's score: 4.5 out of 5. Seamlessly blends the old with the new. One of the best scores of the year.

The movie: 3 out of 5. A competent but bland and rather unmemorable movie, elevated by fine performances.

23 minutes ago, John said:

The Adventures of Han: 4 out of 5. A fun, energetic little piece that is very re-listenable, despite being somewhat generic by Williams' standards.

Powell's score: 4.5 out of 5. Seamlessly blends the old with the new. One of the best scores of the year.

The movie: 3 out of 5. A competent but bland and rather unmemorable movie, elevated by fine performances.

Pretty much exactly my verdict too.

I gave the movie half a star extra though, because I appreciate finally seeing a bit more of Chewbacca's and Han's friendship.

15 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Hmmm, this theme is great, but surely Rey's Theme is quite a bit more powerful and effective and memorable, and ultimately better.

IMO, of course.

Yes, Rey's Theme is better.

Adventures of Han is really good, one of the best "concert" pieces he's written this decade.

Powell's score is outstanding as always of course!

I haven't seen the movie, but based on what I've heard and the snippets I've seen I doubt I'll be watching it anytime soon.

Theme: 3.5 stars. It's quite ok, but not JW at his best. Or maybe I am just not too interested anymore in that particular style of writing.

Score: 4 stars. Powell gave a very convincing performance on one of the most intimidating tasks for any film composer. The movie did not deserve this score.

Movie: 1 star, because there is no "0" option. I could even stand the prequels to some extent, but not this one. Some of the characters made me miss Jar Jar. It's a pity, because I think some of the actors did very well. 

24 minutes ago, Score said:

Theme: 3.5 stars. It's quite ok, but not JW at his best. Or maybe I am just not too interested anymore in that particular style of writing.

Score: 4 stars. Powell gave a very convincing performance on one of the most intimidating tasks for any film composer. The movie did not deserve this score.

Movie: 1 star, because there is no "0" option. I could even stand the prequels to some extent, but not this one. Some of the characters made me miss Jar Jar. It's a pity, because I think some of the actors did very well. 

We're very close on this one.  I was a bit kinder to the film because I enjoyed the score and thought it was attractive visually.  The story and characters were stinky poo poo.

12 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

We're very close on this one.  I was a bit kinder to the film because I enjoyed the score and thought it was attractive visually.  The story and characters were stinky poo poo.

Yeah, I didn't even like it visually, except for the Kessel run, which I admit was very well done. It's the only part of the movie that I would save. On the other hand, I've read people criticizing Ehrenreich by saying that he is not convincing as Han Solo, but I disagree. I think he did a very good job, given the script he had to work with... of course he cannot "look" exactly like Harrison Ford, but who cares.  

I like the theme quite a bit as a minor JW SW theme. It has an air of adventure and naivety and a lot of the bells and whistles of modern JW writing but it is a little jumbled and lacking the clarity of something like Rey's Theme. It has some rhythmic and stylistic similarities to some music from TLJ. I will say that I have a SW playlist where The Adventures of Han is followed by Leia's Theme and the two work quite well in this order.