Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

I guess I'll have to wait for the second batch when the put the correct title on PS

I don't think I'll do that, but I know I would kick myself if they afterward released another batch with the correct title.... 

Just like the JP Collection, which they released afterward with teeth. (Or didn't they?)

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

I'm not upset, it's just a small flaw in an otherwise perfect set! Something to talk about while we sit through the longest two weeks of our lives! 😂 

I won’t get mine until Xmas! 😂

19 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I think either HP or the prequels had to be released to deserve that title.

Yeah I think so. It needed to be something truly 'wow' like the JP box.

When SL appeared this morning I had a 'what if that's their 'big' title?' moment and got really nervous. Then on my 30th refresh of their FB page and I saw, I think it was the CoS album cover, I knew LLL had delivered.

Ultimately I don't think Schindler's is a big enough title to be the 'big one'. It adds more music than SPR did, but it's a score where I feel its popularity is more because of the cache of the film and what the music represents. As some might have gathered, I don't care about the 'importance' of a score.

19 minutes ago, ins said:

So, do we now all agree that 2018 "is for the books"? 😉

Yes it goes deep into my pocket book at least. 

And for the history books of course. Annals of film music preservation history!

Yikes... few weeks away from the world wide web and ALL THIS happened??? I should do it more often, then... guess it brings luck. :)

Land of the Giants is definitely the holy grail release of the year and... wow, wrong thread. Sorry!

7 minutes ago, Damien F said:

Is there a lot of unreleased highlights from War Horse? The OST always seemed fairly extensive to me.

In my opinion combined with the FYC album pretty much all the highlights are covered.

2 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

@Jay can you confirm that this cue is included? https://youtu.be/I_Xl2UBEAgw

:lol: 

1 minute ago, mahler3 said:

Tune in tomorrow and Saturday 1st December for radio premieres and the second part of my London focused interview with Mike will also be posted next week. "Mischief managed"! 🙂

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/1122/1012644-unheard-harry-potter-music-to-premiere-on-rte-lyric-fm/

RTÉ got an exclusive on this? What? How? Suddenly my TV license doesn’t feel wasted! 

Just now, Damien F said:

I'm just as surprised as you are. Our national broadcaster must have connections. I wonder what will the question be to win the box set? "How did Williams react when he saw Schlinder's List for the first time?"

You Irish too?

4 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Pity about the massive error or the front cover of Philosopher's Stone. Hopefully they can fix it in time! 

That was my second thought about this set: @Bilbo was right!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Imagine the look of confusion on my face when I looked in the program for the Williams concert at Royal Albert Hall in London!

Do you know anything of how that came about? Was it considered for an earlier release? Or did someone just jump the gun and include confidential information because they thought it was already official? Or did someone actually find some inside information they weren't even supposed to have?

1 minute ago, Damien F said:

Yup. Born in Ennis but living in Dublin. Have been a JW fan since primary school.

Nice! Didn't know there were others!

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

That was my second thought about this set: @Bilbo was right!

God I hate being right all the time!

Just now, Bilbo said:

Nice! Didn't know there were others!

Well I do get the feeling there aren't too many JW fans in Ireland. One of the strangest things was hearing Abandoned In The Woods from AI played over the speakers at a shopping center in Limerick. An odd choice for shopping center music.

This will sell very well but I doubt it will sell out super quickly. It's still a niche item that people won't just be able to get from Amazon or a store.

Most Potter fans won't even realise or care that there are songs missing from the original albums ;)

12 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I'm just as surprised as you are. Our national broadcaster must have connections. I wonder what will the question be to win the box set? "How did Williams react when he saw Schlinder's List for the first time?"

That... was priceless.

4 minutes ago, Damien F said:

Well I do get the feeling there aren't too many JW fans in Ireland. One of the strangest things was hearing Abandoned In The Woods from AI played over the speakers at a shopping center in Limerick. An odd choice for shopping center music.

Well, look, that's Limerick for you! 

2 minutes ago, Alan said:

Most Potter fans won't even realise or care that there are songs missing from the original albums ;)

Die, Alan, die! And everyone else who makes this mistake ever again!

No seriously, we were panicing like that two years ago, when JP was released. "Oh my god, it will sell out fast, within a few hours!" - How long did it take in the end? Almost two years!

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

Die, Alan, die! And everyone else who makes this mistake ever again!

No seriously, we were panicing like that two years ago, when JP was released. "Oh my god, it will sell out fast, within a few hours!" - How long did it take in the end? Almost two years!

I panicked for Braveheart, I panicked for Jurassic Park, I panicked for Titanic, and goddamnit I'm going to panic for Harry Potter! 

Just now, Bilbo said:

I panicked for Braveheart, I panicked for Jurassic Park, I panicked for Titanic, and goddamnit I'm going to panic for Harry Potter! 

It is your right as a JWfan!

Big package, lazy and dickish customs people, BF/Christmas traffic...

I'll sit it out until January and order it from within Europe.

4 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

So I guess after all the early reveal of this set was indeed the concert program's "typo" Mike was referring to?

Of course!

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

@Jay, were you involved in the sequencing of the album (standalone cues vs cue combinations)?

Mike decided all that of course, but I weighed in with my opinion whenever he asked for it.

Every disc in this set flows very nicely, no doubt!

FYI, both Music Box Records and Chris' Soundtrack Corner are already listing it as a pre-order (along with all the other BF LLL titles), with an estimated arrival at their office by Dec 14.

Is it confirmed that this will be available only through LLL, at least initially?

4 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

FYI, Music Box Records and Chris' Soundtrack Corner are already listing it as a pre-order (along with all the other BF LLL titles), with an estimated arrival at their office by Dec 14.

Is it confirmed that this will be available only through LLL, at least initially?

@Jay has said that MV has confirmed that these sets will be sold exclusively through LLL's own store until some point in 2019.