Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Are LLL strictly accurate with their order launch times? Like, the titles will appear to the minute, on the dot at 12pm PST on their website? Or could it go up 5 or 10 minutes either side? 

I've never tried ordering straight away, I usually let it slide for a few hours until I've got time. 

1 hour ago, MrJosh said:

I'm going to down 6 shots of espresso 5 minutes prior to release and scream while I order.

I'm gonna go with a bottle of vodka.

Hopefully, I won't pass out. 

40 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Who are the poor bastards living somewhere this goes up for sale at like 3am? Thailand? Do we have any JWFanners living in Thailand? 

You're acting as if the ordering period is somehow limited to 10 or 15 minutes! 😂 

You do realize that this probably won't sell out for a whole year or longer?

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I was going to say something along the lines of "hey that's insulting!", but then I realized that I'm a white male with Asperger's.

How do guys even know you have Aspergers? Got a diagnosis from a doctor or a psychiatrist?

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

...And then you wake up several hours after all the copies sell out.

Nah. See second part of my previous post! 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Well we've known that since the HPSS session leak.

Thanks for the insight, I'm not fully hooked up to the JWFan hive-mind just yet.

24 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

The majority of JWFans seem to be white males with asperger's, so I'm going to guess no.

There's been a bit of diversity over the years, unfortunately all the women get scared off by the occasional basement-dwelling creepiness of this place.

41 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

There's been a bit of diversity over the years, unfortunately all the women get scared off by the occasional basement-dwelling creepiness of this place.

There are female John Williams fans, but there are no female JWFans.

At home I can get some girls enthusiastic about John Williams, but I would never be able to make them register here.

18 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Crippling anxiety leading to diagnosis. I'm on medication now.

Well, wish you all the best! 

47 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

There used to be a few. They were driven away by some members. 

36 minutes ago, Alan said:

Just checked my emails. They'll start shipping this on 7th December. Not long to go! :D

Hopefully I am still around when the package comes since I am going on holiday just before Christmas and will be away from home. Heh this happens every year with the Black Friday titles. I always have to nervously await for my package to arrive before I go on holidays and wonder if it arrives in time. :P 

And looks like Schindler's List starts shipping on the 3rd.

Bugger, it'll be two weeks from now when the first people start getting it? Two more weeks of analysing and speculating instead of being provided with actual info in a few days? And that's if everything goes well, E.T. and Alien 3 were delayed twice, no?

31 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

7th of December? That’s cutting it fine for Xmas 😒

Assuming that all these packages are ready to be sent on the 7th, after which there are only 10 business days until Christmas. So cutting it close indeed. But hey I'll get to hear this in the new year if I don't get it in time before I travel for holidays.

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

Assuming that all these packages are ready to be sent on the 7th, after which there are only 10 business days until Christmas.

Which makes you wonder why they don’t put them up for order straight away. What’s the point of announcing them on Black Friday if you can’t order then until the following Tuesday and then they won’t ship then until the 7th? That’s just ridiculous.

Generating hype is what's the point, methinks. You not knowing it'll only ship that late is important for you ordering early.

3 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Which makes you wonder why they don’t put them up for order straight away. What’s the point of announcing them on Black Friday if you can’t order then until the following Tuesday and then they won’t ship then until the 7th? That’s just ridiculous.

Perhaps LLL doesn't have the whole print of these sets until then. Or they want to make sure they get all the orders processed since there are going to be a lot of them at this time of the year.

Yes the email newsletter arrived today as per usual for the day of the release of their titles.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

At home I can get some girls enthusiastic about John Williams, but I would never be able to make them register here.

No women? And yet here I am.😊 Anyone from London? I really want to order this but I'm concerned about the duty tax + shipping that will be added? 😢😭 If anyone is coming to London soon and is happy to carry it in their suitcase here, I would be most grateful!

Why do they waste time on Blake Neely anyway? How about ditching everything unimportant and making sure we can get this gem in time? Sorry, but this is not right. I'm very happy to take the risk and have the thing opened by Customs, but then at least make it worth our while. Why isn't WB helping them a bit? Too busy promoting The Fantastic Failure?

Well the main thing is that this is out today for order and we'll be able to get it. Sooner hopefully than later. As far as postal services is concerned this is just a inopportune and very busy time of the year for these releases.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

See, I KNEW they weren't shipping straightaway… 7 December? How on earth is this going to arrive in time for Christmas? Is there any point ordering from them directly today? Pfff...

Well it is your only option anyway.

Karol

Just now, crocodile said:

Well it is your only option anyway.

Karol

Indeed. You can wait until next year or whenever they'll distribute these releases through other film music sellers.

If they start shipping on the 7th, there's ample time! Whatchoo guys talking about? It doesn't take two weeks for packages to arrive from the US to Europe, or anywhere in the world for the matter! 10 days at most.

6 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Indeed. You can wait until next year or whenever they'll distribute these releases through other film music sellers.

Ah well, I've still got two discs of Sibelius left to digest before then. ;) And plenty of music to relisten (both old and new) so I'm good to wait.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

If they start shipping on the 7th, there's ample time! Whatchoo guys talking about? It doesn't take two weeks for packages to arrive from the US to Europe, or anywhere in the world for the matter! 10 days at most.

No it takes 4-5 working days.

Karol

If it really starts shipping on the 7th, I'll be in Luxembourg for work until December 10th, so I'm positive I'll be back home in Italy when the package arrives.

If it's not delayed, that is.

But I'll be happy no matter what, my only fear is not being able to order it 'cause it's OOS, but I think we'll all manage to take our copy :)
I'll be nailed to my desk, ready to click!