Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Yeah, exactly. 

Dunno how it's in the US, but in Europe, generally, postal services give guarantees for certain packages (if it's sent at least two weeks earlier) to be delivered on time for Christmas. Meaning postal workers work overtime to make sure all the packages get delivered.

P.S. Hey, this is the 1,000th reply for this thread! :D

21 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Yeah, exactly. 

Dunno how it's in the US, but in Europe, generally, postal services give guarantees for certain packages (if it's sent at least two weeks earlier) to be delivered on time for Christmas. Meaning postal workers work overtime to make sure all the packages get delivered.

P.S. Hey, this is the 1,000th reply for this thread! :D

Our postal service is delivering packages on weekends until the 16th of December (which it normally doesn't do) to meet with the higher delivery demand of the season so hopefully my package gets here quicker this year.

24 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

If they start shipping on the 7th, there's ample time! Whatchoo guys talking about? It doesn't take two weeks for packages to arrive from the US to Europe, or anywhere in the world for the matter! 10 days at most.

Trust me, I've had to wait way longer than that.

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

There isn't anything I can do in advance, right? Like entering my visa card number somewhere? I only have my address in my account right now.

You could write it beforehand somewhere so you can easily copy and paste it... 😂 

4 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Do you guys really think this is gonna sell-out in the first day?

Who actually believes that? It's gonna last a few months at least, probably a whole year and longer! 

Said he, and then was dumbstruck when it was sold out within the first 60 minutes... 😂 

4 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Do you guys really think this is gonna sell-out on the first day?

Who knows, those Harry Potter fans are crazy people, I can tell you this much.

Karol

I don't know where the quote was but I remember MV sneakily implied that the JP set went well beyond 5000, maybe up until 7000 when they finally concluded there's no real profitable demand for it anymore.

This is false, disregard anything from now that's going off of it!

Just now, Josh500 said:

Who actually believes that? It's gonna last a few months at least, probably a  whole year and longer! 

I don't know why, but I've been waiting for this HP bonanza for so long,

when I see "5000 copies" I immediately imagine 5000 evil entities ordering 

all the copies in the first 2 seconds 

I wonder whether complimentary copies are taken from the 5,000, or whether a few extras are pressed for that purpose.

I mean, surely John Williams himself receives a few complimentary  copies, right? Not to mention Chris Columbus and the producers... They aren't sitting at 12:00 behind their computers, ordering from LLL along with the rest of us, are they? 😂

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

They're too busy arguing amongst themselves about Floptastic Beats to even notice LLL's release.

So these new films were a boon to us. A perfect distraction to lure the eye of Potter fans away from film music world. Well played Warner Bros. Well played.

I am usually cautious with these things and I don't think there is a need to panic or get anxious, but there is quite a hype on Twitter and other social media about this release. This is something that will be eyed not just by John Williams/film music fans. Since it's an expensive piece of merchandise, I don't think it will sell out in a few hours, but it will surely won't last too long. There is also the risk of speculation in these things, like people buying multiple copies to sell later on eBay once the title is out of print.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

I don't know where the quote was but I remember MV sneakily implied that the JP set went well beyond 5000, maybe up until 7000 when they finally concluded there's no real profitable demand for it anymore.

Seriously? How can they do that when it was limited to 5,000 copies?

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Simple, they secretly pressed more batches.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

An elegant fanbase, for a more civilised age.

Not as crude or random as Potter fandom.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

They always print more copies than indicated, I think. It could be just a safety measure. Several years ago Lukas Kendall confessed he sometimes printed as far as a double quantity than declared for the FSM series.

2 minutes ago, Incanus said:

So these new films were a boon to us. A perfect distraction to lure the eye of Potter fans away from film music world. Well played Warner Bros. Well played.

2 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I am usually cautious with these things and I don't think there is a need to panic or get anxious, but there is quite a hype on Twitter and other social media about this release. This is something that will be eyed not just by John Williams/film music fans. Since it's an expensive piece of merchandise, I don't think it will sell out in a few hours, but it will surely won't last too long. There is also the risk of speculation in these things, like people buying multiple copies to sell later on eBay once the title is out of print.

I didn't look on Twitter, but I noticed no HP-related italian website spoke about this release.
I was actually surprised 'cause they often post news directly from Snitchseeker and stuff.
Every single post is about FB2. Good for us.

1 minute ago, TownerFan said:

They always print more copies than indicated, I think. It could be just a safety measure, but several years ago Lukas Kendall confessed he sometimes printed as far as a double quantity than declared.

Not sure whether that's reassuring or infuriating....

Just now, Incanus said:

Well they have to have at least a few spare copies as replacements for copies lost on delivery.

But "lost" doesn't mean that they disappeared from the planet... a limitation to 5000 copies should make sure that there's never more than 5000 copies on Earth.

3 minutes ago, redishere said:

I didn't look on Twitter, but I noticed no HP-related italian website spoke about this release.
I was actually surprised 'cause they often post news directly from Snitchseeker and stuff.
Every single post is about FB2. Good for us.

They run websites, and this is news they can write about.

I imagine the majority of HP fans (Muggles) are kids or teens. I doubt that very many of them would find it necessary to shell out 100 bucks plus shipping for this set, especially a few weeks before Christmas!