Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

We don't hear the "Window to the past" notes in this alternate version, exactly like in the movie.

I could swear that sample is "The Dementors Converge" instead.

Always this mad rush whenever a Williams release goes on sale! It's infectious! 😂 

I don't know why I always so hurry every time, knowing full well this won't sell out today or very likely not even this year...

16 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Flute players must love performing for Williams. His writing for flute is like no other composer working today.

Yeah, and the trumpet players, the French horn players, the tuba players, the cello players, the harp players, the piano players etc. :D

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The sooner you buy, the earlier they'll ship it!

Except that's not true. Whether you order it today in the first 2 minutes or in 7 days, they won't start shipping before the 7th! 

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

@Josh500 You seem to often order from LLL directly. How much time does it take for the package to be delivered in UK? Is it well enough protected so it arrives in good condition?

4-5 working days. I'll give you an example. My Die Hard shipped last Tuesday and arrived yesterday. This happens pretty much every single time.

Karol

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

@Josh500 You seem to often order from LLL directly. How much time does it take for the package to be delivered in UK? Is it well enough protected so it arrives in good condition?

Always arrived in perfect condition! Well, except the issue with the broken jewel cases in the early days. But they even fixed that! 

Generally 1 week to 10 days. Not longer, sometimes even earlier than that.

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

you want more than 1?

On 11/26/2018 at 10:01 AM, Josh500 said:

I'm contemplating ordering 4 sets, and giving three away to good friends as Christmas presents. But dunno if they'd really appreciate this. I already gave them A.I. and the JP Collection! 😂 

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Except that's not true. Whether you order it today in the first 2 minutes or in 7 days, they won't start shipping before the 7th! 

But if they start with the first order, and work back to your order....

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

To Europe?! Didn't know it was that fast.

It always is. I've been ordering stuff from the US for the past decade and it's always like this. Sometimes it might take a bit longer but that's rare (even in December). And sometimes with Tuesday shipping I get it delivered on Saturday.

Karol

41 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Me: I gotta go somewhere real quick! No time to explain.

Girlfriend: Where? What are you up to?

Me: Never mind, I'll explain later.

Girlfriend: No, tell me NOW! 

Me: I gotta order Harry Potter! The soundtracks. The Complete Soundtracks...

Girlfriend: You're kidding, right? 

Me: No, babe. It's finally happening.

Girlfriend: Then go! Go! RUN! 

The conversation went something like this. My girlfriend knows me well... 😂 

I'm surprised you hadn't already bent her ear about this since Friday.

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

To Europe?! Didn't know it was that fast.

I'm assuming that's business days! So it's generally that plus two days, for the weekend. It always took at least one week, at least in my case.

5 minutes ago, Faleel J.M. said:

But if they start with the first order, and work back to your order....

Yeah, true. 

But I assume the difference is probably minimal. Like, if you ordered it on the very first day, they'll ship it on the 7th. If you ordered it on the 6th, they'll ship it on the 8th. Something like that.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:01 AM, Josh500 said:

I'm contemplating ordering 4 sets, and giving three away to good friends as Christmas presents. But dunno if they'd really appreciate this. I already gave them A.I. and the JP Collection! 😂 

they'll never listen to it more than once or part of it

1 minute ago, Iron_Giant said:

I'm surprised you hadn't already bent her ear about this since Friday.

I have mentioned it to her already at that! But I wasn't talking about this non-stop. That's what JWfan is for, after all! :D

42 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I could swear that sample is "The Dementors Converge" instead.

Agreed - that music is definitely from "The Dementors Converge" (i.e. the first time we see the attack at the lake), but without the Past theme over the Patronus and with a nice minor chord right at the end. Either it's the wrong sample or it's been mislabelled as an alternate of "Watching The Past" (which is the music for the second lake scene). @Jay any thoughts?

Is this the teeth of this set? If so, I think I can live with it 😂

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Order #167974, can't wait!

Good lad. You even saved on shipping because they are charging you only for 5 discs (not 7 as they would normally)... Which saves you another $5.50. :)

Karol

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

You'd also want to avoid the possible scenario where they run out of their first print run and go on backorder!

Good point! 

I assume they sell the bulk of their stock (maybe about half of the 5,000, or even 3,000) within the first week.

The rest? Throughout the next 6 to 12 months... 

At least, that's what I'm imagining.

51 minutes ago, Sandor said:

Ordered together with Schindler's List. :)

Same here. Order #167104 and Order # 167169, respectively. I'm a little bummed that I have to wait until December 3 & 7 for Schindler's List and Harry Potter to ship out, respectively. It will be more then worth the wait, though.

5 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Good lad. You even saved on shipping because they are charging you only for 5 discs (not 7 as they would normally)... Which saves you another $5.50. :)

Yeah it's definitely cheaper than ordering it from Music Box. Now I just hope it arrives in good condition, and if possible, before Christmas :)