Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

10 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

If you like the music, then IMO it's worth it.

Not necessarily. A lot of it is stuff I could do without. I'm mostly interested in the POA score. 

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

Not necessarily. A lot of it is stuff I could do without. I'm mostly interested in the POA score. 

When I bought the JP release I was only interested in JP because it's my favorite Williams score. Now Lost World is on par with Jurassic Park in my mind. You'll learn to appreciate the rest. 

One of my favorite things to do when I get these expanded scores is rip the movie, mute the movie when music happens, and just listen to the score. I've done it twice now and It's fun and really enlightening. That's going to be fun with this set.

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I love the Dennis the Menace score.  It's honestly one of my favorite Goldsmiths.

Yeah, ditto.

This one's one of my favourite JG.

31 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Over here it delays it only by a day or so. But never with LLL.

You just hope you won't soon have to start worrying about customs with stuff from mainland Europe. ;)

31 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

more%20police.gif

Is that what happens in the US when you get caught illegally downloading stuff? They break down your door in war gear and you get swatted? 😂 

6 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

You just hope you won't soon have to start worrying about customs with stuff from mainland Europe. ;)

We're an Empire. You shall beg us to let you pay customs for stuff we buy from you! ;)

Karol

1 minute ago, crocodile said:

We're an Empire. You shall beg us to let you pay customs for stuff we buy from you! ;)

Karol

Poland is an empire now? 😜 I thought you were just a plaything of the Germans and Russians 😜

Listening to the demo tracks, I love how the Choir is mixed. It plays a big part whereas in other scores it's mixed very quiet unless it's playing part of the melody. In HP often times it's just chords, yet they still bring it to the front and it just adds to the atmosphere so well.

What a day (well, a night for me - 1:30am here).  It’s been an honor freaking out with you all 😂 Now, off to listen to all the samples before falling asleep and we’ll catch up tomorrow!

thanks triple-L for this treat

3 hours ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

One of my favorite things to do when I get these expanded scores is rip the movie, mute the movie when music happens, and just listen to the score. I've done it twice now and It's fun and really enlightening. That's going to be fun with this set.

I'd love to see you try this with The Phantom Menace! 

38 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'd love to see you trying this with The Phantom Menace! 

I've wanted to do a star wars movie! So far I've done JP: TLW, JP, and parts of Titanic. I don't know how I'd share it with you guys, as youtube blocks the upload.

And now the waiting game begins...

Most of us who ordered this on Day One will likely get this by the 14th... 

So in 17 days! This will be a long 2 and a half weeks! 😥

Bollemanneke's number begins with 13, whereas mine and others begin with 16. Not sure, perhaps just a different sorting code depending on geography? Time? 

@Jay Did you receive a complimentary set? :D

I believe I will get a promo copy but they don't ship those till after all the paying customers are taken care of iirc.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I believe I will get a promo copy but they don't ship those till after all the paying customers are taken care of iirc.

Well that shouldn't be too long now.

9 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Not necessarily but there was a pretty consistent chronological increase earlier in the thread over the first ten minutes. 

I just looked. My order number is 000001. Does that mean I'll get it first? :P

Just now, King Mark said:

so that means in the time I took to review my order at 3.01 already 500+ people had clicked faster than me?

I doubt there was 500 of us waiting to order in that amount of time, but I could be wrong..

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

so that means in the time I took to review my order at 3.01 already 500+ people had clicked faster than me?

Sure. Why not? 

You have to imagine 1,000 people or more all over the world placing their orders simultaneously at one specific point in time. Every split second counts.

19 minutes ago, Molly Weasley said:

I was 166749. I believe I was one of the very first to order. I was able to get it practically the second it came on

From memory someone else had a lower number but you'd definitely be right up (down?) there.