Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Blame the hipsters.

If ever there was a need for an extinction....

14 minutes ago, Faleel J.M. said:

There is a certain wall art appeal to Vinyl covers not in CD's covers.

Sure.  I have some framed vinyl records on my wall, but they are either records I got as a kid or I bought them used from eBay or an antique store for cheap to be wall decoration.  I wouldn't pay $30 or whatever the current price of vinyl is just to hang it on the wall.

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's sold out already of course

JK Rowling got wind of it, and made a bulk order of 3,000 copies.

She wants to distribute these to 3,000 of her guests at her lavish and intimate Christmas party over at her p(a)lace in London...

Just now, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Wouldn't this be so cool to see in a store in the Wizarding World theme parks?

It would. So cool that I'd probably buy it again just for good measure.

11 minutes ago, Holko said:

Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these discs.

I think someone made a reference to the similar Jurassic Park line the other day so I won't but uhh...

insert Jurassic Park joke here

EDIT: Nevermind, you were making the Jurassic Park reference on purpose.  My mistake.

19 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

It would. So cool that I'd probably buy it again just for good measure.

I'd be tempted to do that too but some of the collectibles there are just a little more tempting now that I've ordered this set.

21 minutes ago, TitanicFan2018 said:

I had a feeling LLL was going to be the one releasing the expanded/complete scores for the first three HP films.  But finally they would get released after the recording sessions were leaked.

well the sessions leaked 8 years ago so I doubt this release has anything to do with that

The Sorcerer's Stone sessions leaked a long time ago. The second one took longer. There was even a YouTube video of some guy showing off the sessions in iTunes. Who the hell does that?

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

What's even crazier is that a sizable percentage of those people won't ever even listen to it.

Talk about bottlecap collecting...

Mondo is almost exclusively about the special artwork created by the select artists they have onboard. They put up releases in a timeframe, posters etc. and they usually sell out within hours or less.

If it wasn't a special limited design, or the Batman iconography, it wouldn't sell anything like they do now!

1 hour ago, TitanicFan2018 said:

I had a feeling LLL was going to be the one releasing the expanded/complete scores for the first three HP films.  But finally they would get released after the recording sessions were leaked.

I guess it's possible that the leak of the first two could privately affect their decision to do a box vs individual releases, as they knew PoA is way more in demand than the others.

But there's no timing involved. HPPS leaked sometime around 2010 and CoS a couple of years after that.

1 hour ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

These unreleased tracks had their shot and Williams selected them for exclusion. What you call expansion...I call the rape of the natural OST.

Copies of this CD set. Copies of this CD set are on the verge of extinction. If I were to create a flock of this CD set on this forum, you wouldn't have anything to say.

Question. Why is the SORCERER'S STONE art with just Hogwarts castle (so, no Hagrid & Harry) being considered here as "bonus" art or like an alternate? The main pic from the press release that shows all the contents of the box set, shows that the Hogwarts-only art is the standard cover art for that score's CD. It seems like the Hagrid & Harry one is an additional, alternate cover art.

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

Its the cover of the booklet inside the clamshell

So does that booklet cover all of it or just Sorcerer's Stone? Or can you not answer that question?

There's one booklet for each score, each in the case for its score, plus another booklet that has more info about all the scores

- A 3-CD SET of the Oscar-nominated HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE score...

The 3-CD jewel case also contains a 36-page booklet chronicling the production of the score in great detail, featuring many quotes from the composer, the musicians and behind-the-scenes artists.

- A 2-CD SET of the HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS score, remastered and expanded, with a 24-page booklet chronicling the production of the score, with quotes from the composer, musicians and other artists.

- A 2-CD SET of the Oscar-nominated HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN score, remastered and expanded, also with a 24-page booklet chronicling the production of the score, with quotes from the composer, musicians and other artists.

- AN ADDITIONAL 44-PAGE BOOKLET, housed within the slipcase, featuring general music information and track listings for all three scores

The 44 page booklet is the one shown in the splash art. 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Man, that's a lot of books! The John Williams / Harry Potter library. 

Wonder whether we get at least some brand-new information, not known even to diehard JW fans... 

Given that there's music we've never heard, I'm sure there will be.

A few nice pictures of JW conducting the orchestra at the PoA and PS recording sessions would be awesome too...

Come to think of it, I've never even seen a still shot, let alone footage, of JW conducting the PoA score! Don't these exist? 

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

A few nice pictures of JW conducting the orchestra at the PoA and PS recording sessions would be awesome too...

Come to think of it, I've never even seen a still shot, let alone footage, of JW conducting the PoA score! Don't these exist? 

I googled this and got no results.

Never seen it.

There do some footage exist of JW conducting PS, however. I distinctively remember him wearing a white poloshirt (and not his usual black turtleneck shirt) on that occasion. 

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

weve never seen a picture of Ross conducting CoS either

True... But I'm not sure who would actually want to see that. :P