Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

On 11/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, Brundlefly said:

You can still hope that Quartet Records will do all the Williams expansions from now on.

I won't hold my breath! hahaha

7 hours ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I wonder how much stock is left.

Who knows but you can always set up a cart to see if its sold out.

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

I'd love to read an interview with Cuaron about his collaboration with Williams. It produced such a unique and masterful score, it would be great to have some insight into their process. 

We heard some words from JW about Cuaron wanting demos and JW saying it would take too long because he doesn't have the capability.

(no link, sorry. It was an audio interview from quite a few years ago)

I'm willing to bet that's one of the big reasons John hasn't worked much with younger directors this century.  They have a certain expectation of having everything demoed with samples based on the technology used by composers younger than Williams.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

JKMS makes demos for the directors now

There's been leaks of their digitized sheets made for Tintin and Lincoln

Ahhh, so Williams figured out a way to do it where he still doesn't have to learn to use one of them new fangled personal computer whatsits.  Good for him.

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

JKMS makes demos from his sketches for the directors now

There's been leaks of their digitized sheets made for Tintin and Lincoln

Ah it is just like Howard Shore had people creating those demos of his LotR and the Hobbit music based on his sketches.

20 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Man, that's a lot of books! The John Williams / Harry Potter library. 

"One for the books". Finally we know what that means!

19 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

"Crap, this Alf guy or whatever the hell his name is on to me! Maybe I can distract him by stealing from Rossini!"

Leave Karol out of it!

14 hours ago, Holko said:

The most MV said on FSM about Potter sales is:

ALOT!

ALOT.png

7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Having 10 days between purchasing and when they even start shipping these, with no guarantee yours will be shipped by even the 13th or 14th day is seeming very cruel right now.

Quite.

5 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Hell of a lot fairer than those who won't get a copy because it isn't payday.

Well in the worst case scenario I'll get to hear this next year if it doesn't arrive by 21st of December since I am away from home for holidays.

10 hours ago, Josh500 said:

This should be a T-shirt! 😂 

Probably is.

This is where it comes from originally:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

4 hours ago, redishere said:

what will happen here on JWFan if a definitive & complete SW collection is announced? Will it implode? 

PEW PEW!

Schermata 2018-11-29 alle 16.12.50.png 

Actually I think the universe will collapse in on itself. 

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Having 10 days between purchasing and when they even start shipping these, with no guarantee yours will be shipped by even the 13th or 14th day is seeming very cruel right now.

I've adjusted my expectations such that I'll get it before Christmas. By how many days will be the bonus.

Unfortunately I entered into the BF madness when I ordered some stuff from an American food importer who very obviously hadn't prepared for the onslaught of orders you get when you send out a single marketing e-mail. They had to send out an e-mail apologising that it would take some orders 2 weeks just to leave their warehouse.

Well, *something* must have happened to cause our orders to change status. Perhaps they just put up our empty shipping boxes in the mail room so they can be filled as soon as the discs come in. ;)

16 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Well, *something* must have happened to cause our orders to change status. Perhaps they just put up our empty shipping boxes in the mail room so they can be filled as soon as the discs come in. ;)

I mean I assume:

Awaiting Fulfillment = Product has not arrived yet.

Awaiting Shipment = Product has arrived (aka Order is Fulfilled) and ready to ship, but just needs to be shipped.

Just now, TSMefford said:

I mean I assume:

Awaiting Fulfillment = Product has not arrived yet.

Awaiting Shipment = Product has arrived and ready to ship, but just needs to be shipped.

That seems logical to me.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it ships this soon before the announced shipping date but I always suspected that we wouldn't actually be waiting until 7th. Hope I'm not proven wrong ;)

Just now, TSMefford said:

@OneBuckFilms @bollemanneke @ATXHusker Did you guys order more than just Potter? Just curious to see why yours may not have changed yet.

Might simply be a case of their status change not coming through yet. I'm sure people have received orders before getting their shipping notice, for example.

1 minute ago, Alan said:

Might simply be a case of their status change not coming through yet. I'm sure people have received orders before getting their shipping notice, for example.

True

Just now, Chewy said:

No changes for me, still at "Awaiting Fulfillment", and I only ordered Potter.

Ah. Guess they're just slowly coming through.

My order status changed a few hours ago, like the others here. How exciting! :D

As someone theorized above, it hopefully means they've prepared the parcels with shipping stickers, etc. so all they need to do now is insert the Potter sets once they arrive and send them to the post office. Woohoo!