Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

8 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

You googled "Hans Zimmer meme" and picked literally the second one in the results.

I award you zero points.

Psssh. Some of us make our memes. Where do you guys think I've been? I'm stocking up for a weekend of memes.

weekendofmemes.jpg

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

Nah, Williams wrote the original version before coming up with the WTTP theme. We don't even know if he recorded the original version. 

If the alternate theme is the subject of the mock-ups earlier in the thread, then I honestly don't care. It wasn't very memorable.

IMO the Past theme and Buckbeak's theme are two of the strongest ideas in the score.

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

So to break the barrage of memes, should I expect an e-mail tomorrow or don't you always get those?

If you’re lucky and yours ships on the first day.  Even if you ordered in the first minute there’s no guarantee they’ll get to yours on the first, or even the second or third day of shipping.

Who also lives in Europe like me? We have a serious problem. If La La Land don't prepare and send the mail packages with our ordered cds until 8th December (including that date) we won't see our christmas gifts under the christmas tree. More info here: Usps holiday shipping dates Bottom of the page "2018 Holiday Shipping Dates for International Mail"

I began to pray in order to La La Land tomorrow send me my order.

10 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

If you’re lucky and yours ships on the first day.  Even if you ordered in the first minute there’s no guarantee they’ll get to yours on the first, or even the second or third day of shipping.

I ordered 9 minutes after it went up. Why, don't they ship in the... order order?

2 minutes ago, staccato said:

Who also lives in Europe like me? We have a serious problem. If La La Land don't prepare and send the mail packages with our ordered cds until 8th December (including that date) we won't see our christmas gifts under the christmas tree. More info here: Usps holiday shipping dates Bottom of the page "2018 Holiday Shipping Dates for International Mail"

I began to pray in order to La La Land tomorrow send me my order.

Well, mine is not a Christmas gift, it's just something I bought for myself.

I got the Awaiting Shipment status yesterday. I believe mine will be shipped tomorrow!

Just now, bollemanneke said:

I ordered 9 minutes after it went up. Why, don't they ship in the... order order?

Who knows!  All I know is that I ordered Jurassic Park within the first two minutes and mine shipped on like the fourth day of shipping

So is there anybody that ordered the HP set on the first day within the first 30 minutes and hasn't gotten the Awaiting Shipment status so far?

I really don't think any of us have to worry!

I ordered the cds on November 27th as soon as they appeared on the site. 
I received the email with the status of  Awaiting Shipment  on December 1st. 
My order number is  #167390.

Can I expect that tomorrow they will send me a parcel ?

Just now, staccato said:

I ordered the cds on November 27th as soon as they appeared on the site. 
I received the email with the status of  Awaiting Shipment  on December 1st. 
My order number is  #167390.

Can I expect that tomorrow they will send me a parcel ?

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Every email before the "shipped" email is pretty much meaningless I think.  It ships when it ships.

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Nothing is certain in life, except for death, taxes and Europeans not getting the HP set before mid-January.

Just a heads up, fellow continentdwellers: A LLL day begins at 5-8PM here. Hang in there, survive. Be calm and one with Remembering Mother.

Correction, we pay Taxis, according to Trump yesterday.

28 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Every email before the "shipped" email is pretty much meaningless I think.  It ships when it ships.

I doubt it. It has some meaning for sure. Question is what? 

Like some members here suggested, the "Awaiting Shipment" status probably means that the envelope or parcel has been addressed and prepared. 

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I think it's time for every one to start repeating what I have my daughter say at times like these.

WIth me, everyone.

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

How old is your daughter? 😂 

24 minutes ago, Holko said:

Nothing is certain in life, except for death, taxes and Europeans not getting the HP set before mid-January.

I have ordered at least a dozen times from LLL in the past 10 years or so.

I don't think it has ever taken them longer than 3 weeks since the date of order. And more often than not, it was 2 weeks or even sooner.

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

giphy.gif

This meme is old. That guy's been dead for some time. 

2 minutes ago, KK said:

I guess LLL just doesn't want to give you your set Josh. A conspiracy must be afoot.

You sound dumb. 😂 

I just said that I got every purchase from LLL sooner than expected!

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Is this better, Oh Master of Polls and occasional Meme Policeman?

tumblr_oucyh4F3wY1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Much better!

Don't forget "How?"

They'll ship when they ship.  FIFO (first [order] in, first [order] out) is probable, but there will be mitigating factors: what else is in the order-- is that title in stock, if so, where (and do I have to go over there for only one CD)?  Is the appropriate sized shipping box on the shelf?  Oops, we left one off the truck when the shipper picked up the outgoing orders.  (You get the idea.)

And once the shipper gets it, well, enter a new possible delay chain!

You can't control it, only worry the you-know-what about it.  Thanks to the internet, you should be able to satisfy your curiosity starting next Tues, or so.

Thanks to someone deciding that the USPS should have yesterday off, the birthday card I sent my grandniece was delayed past her birthday.  Yep, that's one giant griefburger that I'm getting force fed to me.  The possible trials and tribulations of LLL shipments trivial bon-bons upon which to feast.

18 minutes ago, Holko said:

No, just the Josh Emoji©

When has humanity decided not to call them Smileys? Damn whippersnappers with their stupid fake words!

Justice for emoticon

Just now, bruckhorn said:

Don't forget "How?"

They'll ship when they ship.  FIFO (first [order] in, first [order] out) is probable, but there will be mitigating factors: what else is in the order-- is that title in stock, if so, where (and do I have to go over there for only one CD)?  Is the appropriate sized shipping box on the shelf?  Oops, we left one off the truck when the shipper picked up the outgoing orders.  (You get the idea.)

And once the shipper gets it, well, enter a new possible delay chain!

This thread doesn't deserve logic

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Justice for emoticon

This thread doesn't deserve logic

You are correct.  This ain't a Star Trek thread.

I, too, prefer the Angela popcorn eating gif to The Gloved One; she is chewing with her mouth closed.

2 hours ago, gkgyver said:

You googled "Hans Zimmer meme" and picked literally the second one in the results.

You are lazier than Zimmer himself.

Hey, Zimmer would have chosen the first one!