Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

8 minutes ago, redishere said:

EDIT: I was wrong, it actually arrived in Milan.

The boxset is in Italy, and I am in Luxembourg. Great 👌🏼

Well, if you're in Luxembourg, Milan is better than Miami! 

I remember when I ordered the JP set two years ago the tracking was all over the place. It made its way to London Heathrow and then it showed it was back in the US...and then, oddly, turned up, the day or two after.

Karol

41 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Well, if you're in Luxembourg, Milan is better than Miami! 

Indeed! I just hope it doesn’t arrive at home (I live 300km from Milan) when I’m away and they decide to leave it outside under the pouring rain.

2 minutes ago, redishere said:

Indeed! I just hope it doesn’t arrive at home when I’m away and they decide to leave it outside under the pouring rain.

That's why I early posted this. :D

It's true, you know.

images (2).jpeg

Italian delivery guys would rather hang themselves than work on a sunday: hope the package leaves Milan tomorrow as I leave Milan, so I’ll arrive in time to catch it.

Anyhoo, considering it shipped from LA on Friday, if it really arrives Monday morning, that’ll be impressive. I’m not used to postal service to be this fast!

Hmm, so you're getting new tracking updates from your own country? Mine still just says it arrived in LA on Friday. Hopefully it's already in Australia and just held up in a sorting box waiting to be processed.

@redishere what's the last update you had before it was scanned in Italy? This is the latest one for me:

December 7, 2018

14:58

LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES ARRIVED

With a bit of detective work (and Flightradar24) I think I've worked out that mine landed at Heathrow about 20 mins ago.

This is unless it decided to do another leg on its US sightseeing tour!

19 minutes ago, crumbs said:

@redishere what's the last update you had before it was scanned in Italy? This is the latest one for me:

December 7, 2018

14:58

LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES ARRIVED

Yeah I was surprised as well! There you go

3AAC3193-676C-4E86-A38B-3805A2AECD23.png

I'll be happy if it arrives in time so I can listen to it during the weekend before Christmas (or in fact if it arrives before Christmas at all), but it would be funny if it was extra fast and arrived already near the end of this week. Because then I'd have it sitting here next to me, but not the time to properly listen to it before Sunday evening or so. (And I won't have my first listen be an improper one)

1 hour ago, redishere said:

Indeed! I just hope it doesn’t arrive at home (I live 300km from Milan) when I’m away and they decide to leave it outside under the pouring rain.

Are there any houses to rent in Tuscany?

2 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Stalking airplanes really is too far.

Meh. I was in a waiting room and it killed like 2 minutes.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Wait, how the heck did you narrow down the airplane? 

Not difficult. Only one flight from Houston to Heathrow today that fit the times.

I'm also a bit of a plane geek...

15 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

seriously how can it be already in europe, when usuallty it takes 2 weeks even from amazon USA to carry things here.

The plane itself doesn't take long, obviously. It's just local handling that takes more or less time depending on circumstances and prioritisation (which you can influence by paying extra for faster shipping). I just ordered a Christmas present at Amazon.com earlier this week that I need to have by the end of next week, so I paid $10 for express shipping (for a $5 item). It was in a DHL van in Austria within 2.5 days. Only DHL never delivered it and now the new delivery windows is Monday to Thursday...

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

@Jay Did you get yours yet?

23 hours ago, Jay said:

Mine is expected to arrive on Monday .  I'm very excited to see the physical product!

23 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I seem to remember my LLL packages in the past have arrived surprisingly quick.

Yeah same here. Usually it takes only one week. Rarely two.

So I'm quite hopeful I'll have it by next Friday at the latest.