Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Dec 12, still no shipping confirmation, and they close the office next tuesday.

Thats nearly a whole week for them to ship it off, and it hasn’t even been a week since they started shipping! Have some patience.

The tracking for both my USPS packages seems to have stopped a few days ago. The LLL order, shipped on the 8th, has been stuck on "Processed Through Regional Facility LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER" since the 9th at 21:33, and the Intrada order, shipped on the 6th, has been giving me nothing but new entries of "In Transit to Next Facility" every midnight since the 8th (it "Departed USPS Regional Facility SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER" on the 7th).

I guess they'll just show up here without warning sooner or later.

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But seeing all the people getting their set already makes it really hard!

Yeah but getting anxious about it won't make the set appear any sooner. It's completely out of your hands now, nothing you can do about it.

34 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

Thats nearly a whole week for them to ship it off, and it hasn’t even been a week since they started shipping! Have some patience.

I contacted LLL regarding my order, and I got a personal response from matt@lalaland-ent.com at 3:11 PM EST:

“Hello —— we’re working through thousands of orders, but we’re getting to yours soon —— it’ll ship out in the next few business days via USPS Priority Mail. Thanks for your patience.”

At ease, yet still greatly anticipating the arrival of the Maestro’s Harry Potter. I should therefore get a shipping confirmation by Thursday or Friday (hoping for Thursday so I can get it by Saturday).

I just came back here after two months just to find out the special labels went completely insane!

We got Harry Potter, two Draculas, a Hermann re-recording, Cinema Paradiso, Schindler's List and above all The Fucking Reincarnation of Peter Proud?!

It's pretty amazing to find that out, all at once!

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Yeah, that happened to me a few times too.

Status still said "package still being processed at facility so-and-so" when it suddenly showed up in my mail box! What a nice surprise that was!

1 hour ago, Wojism said:

Still Awaiting Shipment. This is the last time I buy anything from this company. Pathetic. 

You’re talking about USPS, right?

’Cause I doubt LLL has anything to do with the delays.

Actually, in my case USPS was incredibly quick, it’s local postal service that messed up.

Mine is either in LA, flying from LA, or it arrived here in Australia and the post hasn't caught up yet. Probably busy Christmas post to blame. 

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Nope, awaiting shipment since Dec 1.

That makes no sense, you ordered at the same time we all ordered: I’m sure your package will be shipped with the rest, but maybe it’s best if you try and contact LLL to know if there’s any issue with the delivery

... unless you already did.

9 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

The tracking for both my USPS packages seems to have stopped a few days ago. The LLL order, shipped on the 8th, has been stuck on "Processed Through Regional Facility LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER" since the 9th at 21:33, and the Intrada order, shipped on the 6th, has been giving me nothing but new entries of "In Transit to Next Facility" every midnight since the 8th (it "Departed USPS Regional Facility SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER" on the 7th).

Well it is a relief to know that other people have had the same tracking issue. No new updates in three days and the last actual update said exactly the same as yours did.

I think once the package is out of the US, the tracking service is updated only when the item has been registered onto your local postal service database. So it might take a while to see regular updates.

FYI to anyone who ordered the boxset to third-party resellers, SAE just updated that they will have HP available on early January. I'm sure the same goes for Intrada, MusicBox and all the others.

10 hours ago, Chewy said:

Dec 12, still no shipping confirmation, and they close the office next tuesday.

I feel you... But it's just waiting. I'm also afraid that my package won't be send this year, but after so many years waiting for a complete presentation of these scores I don't mind so much to wait some extra weeks. Anyway, we still have a week until they finish sending CDs so there is time. 

2 or 3? 

Let's say 3. And let's say 1 person can handle around 50 orders on a single work day. That's 150 a day. So it'll take them 20 days to get through all 3,000 orders....

18 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

2 or 3? 

Let's say 3. And let's say 1 person can handle around 50 orders on a single work day. That's 150 a day. So it'll take them 20 days to get through all 3,000 orders....

“Let’s say”? How do you know any of this? None of us knows how many orders they’ve processed, how many people in the warehouse or how many they’ll do in a day. Please don’t contribute to the rabid pessimism on this already spiralling thread with completely uninformed speculation, it’s extremely disrespectful to the people who have worked hard on this set and are trying their best to get the orders out.

1 hour ago, Docteur Qui said:

“Let’s say”? How do you know any of this? None of us knows how many orders they’ve processed, how many people in the warehouse or how many they’ll do in a day. Please don’t contribute to the rabid pessimism on this already spiralling thread with completely uninformed speculation, it’s extremely disrespectful to the people who have worked hard on this set and are trying their best to get the orders out.

Relax, chump.

This has nothing to do with disrespect. You should look up the word "respect," by the way. People like you have no idea what it means. And the only rabidly pessimistic person here is you (which is sort of understandable). 

And anyway, the person before me said 2 or 3. I was just following up that thought...

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

Hire some cheap Asian workers and strap them to their chairs until it's done, for minimum wage ffs!

In the spirit of Christmas, of course.

What a fucking racist! 😂

German, are you? 

1 hour ago, Docteur Qui said:

I think you're overreacting here. Based on the likely assumption that LLL has 2 or 3 people handling dispatch (I've only ever had e-mails from LLL Employee 2 or 3), this seems to me a reasonable assessment of their throughput. I don't think it's insulting to them in any way to guesstimate how many orders they might theoretically be getting through each day.

Both Intrada and SAE are listing the HP boxset as available in January 2019. MusicBox are still listing Dec 21, but it's highly unlikely (and even if they will, shop is gonna be closed from Dec 22 to Jan 6). I'm wondering if it's now better to cancel my MB order and doing a new one at LLL.

16 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Both Intrada and SAE are listing the HP boxset as available in January 2019. MusicBox are still listing Dec 21, but it's highly unlikely (and even if they will, shop is gonna be closed from Dec 22 to Jan 6). I'm wondering if it's now better to cancel my MB order and doing a new one at LLL.

One possibility is to order the HP set from LLL now without canceling the MB order. If you're lucky, the LLL set arrives first. Afterwards you can sell the second set on eBay.

Just a suggestion, of course.

Appears my box is still awaiting clearance at customs. Bloody ridiculous. :banghead:

It got from an office in Burbank to halfway across the world in less time than it's spent sitting on a shelf just waiting for someone to tick it off. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Appears my box is still awaiting clearance at customs. Bloody ridiculous. :banghead:

It got from an office in Burbank to halfway across the world in less time than it's spent sitting on a shelf just waiting for someone to tick it off. 

Yesterday I called the postal service and no one answered, but they still charged me a lot for every call.
Thanks for nothing, dickheads.

9 minutes ago, redishere said:

Yesterday I called the postal service and no one answered, but they still charged me a lot for every call.
Thanks for nothing, dickheads.

Didn't you say it's already in Milan? 

Isn't that like right next to Tuscany?

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Didn't you say it's already in Milan? 

Isn't that like right next to Tuscany?

It is, it's like a 3 hour drive from where I live.
No mention about customs, so maybe postal service is just slow as heck, but who knows!

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Pretty sure you'll have it by Friday at the very latest, probably even today or tomorrow! 

And me too! 

Okay, they just answered, at last, and yep--- stuck at customs.
And they told me they can't give me an expected delivery date, 'cause it's motherbuckbeaking holiday season.
I hope someone leaks it soon. I know it's a bad thing to say, but hey, I paid for this, so I'm entitled to my leak. :D 
Nah, okay, I know a leak is bad for LLL, so I hope it leaks and whoever leaks it sends the link to me only. 
What a rebel

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

You get charged just for calling the postal service in Italy?

I could only call them with my mobile phone, the regular calls are free.
So yeah, I'm dumb for calling them with my mobile, but at least let me pay if someone actually answers! :D 

16 minutes ago, Once said:

Yay! Finally got an update.

0DD04125-8572-45B3-8222-82DC66BDEAD7.jpeg

Why doesn't it say which city in Denmark? 

This makes it look as though Denmark has only one facility in the whole country!

You're in Copenhagen? 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Why doesn't it say which city in Denmark? 

This makes it look as though Denmark has only one facility in the whole country!

You're in Kopenhagen? 

Also very strange, I agree.

Yes, I’m in Copenhagen (København).

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

So if it's not seized by customs, you should also have it today or tomorrow!

Oh, man, I hope so! It seems very likely I’ll receive it in time for the holidays, at least.

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I didn't know you were Danish.  Cool!  Everything I know about Denmark I learned from Sandi Toksvig.

Hahaha, well, I guess she’s an acceptable spokesperson for Denmark. Approved!

5 hours ago, TownerFan said:

They received almost 3,000 single orders and they're not Amazon. They probably have just 2 or 3 people manually putting CDs into boxes, labeling and securing them and carry them over to the postal office. I'm sure they're doing their best to secure eveyone who ordered that their copies will be sent before the end of next week.

I used to work shipping and 2 or 3 people can ship 3000 packages in 4 days  if they have a  decent set up & system. 

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Did you ring, or did it show on the tracking? Mine must be in the same limbo.