Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

11 hours ago, aj_vader said:

I can't see how we are going to get them 😕 

I'm not sure how bad the mistake in your address, I'm hoping that when the problem arrises I can convince the postal service that they have to send it to the appropriate address.

Out of curiosity, who was the employee that sent you the confirmation message? Mine was number 3... Just to see if there's a pattern there.

7 minutes ago, Arpy said:

WOOHOO! an update, it's finally been scanned in my country! 

Congrats! You'll definitely get it by Christmas now :)

You'll probably get the bloody thing before me, the way mine's going.

@ArpyYeah same status mine has been stuck on since Tuesday afternoon. :( Melbourne customs? 

I'll let you know once mine clears. Should give you an indication of how long yours will take to clear. 

Apparently Australia Post are delivering on weekends at the moment too BTW, so that helps. 

If yours entered customs a few days ago, then mine will still be there days after the rate they're processing everything.

I just don't understand how or why it should take this long, especially since I don't even remember my other LLL orders being delayed by the Australian postal system...

@Arpy Either, it's very strange. I guess they're inundated with Christmas mail but surely parcels are just scanned automatically upon arrival, as with standard baggage on airplanes??

Seems ridiculous that a simple parcel with CDs should take more than a few hours to be processed and released. They're bloody inefficient. 

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

how can they ship it to the wrong address?Did you make a mistake while filling in the form?

I can ensure you that I didn't make any mistake. In the confirmation email just after buying the set the address is correct and the one that I wrote in LLL and PayPal. To be fair, my address is not a common address since I wanted the box shipped to my working place and the address doesn't follow the pattern of "street name, apartment number" in the US, but I have received mail from US with the address I provided (and not only me, many people here).

I wrote them yesterday but I haven't got an answer yet. 

Well I haven't received any status updates for two days now and the package is still not showing in the Finnish postal tracking system. Damn this wait without knowing whether my package is still cruising around US postal facilities or actually on its way here is excruciating.

What baffles me the most is how differently all these packages around the world show up in tracking. My fellow Finn and MB member hornist has step-by-step tracking and mine is in limbo and every other story here just makes it seem weirder and weirder how these things are tracked. Seems completely random.

13 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Damn this wait without knowing whether my package is still cruising around US postal facilities or actually on its way here is excruciating.

Damn right. I would be fine waiting, but at least tell me where my package is! 
In transit could literally mean anything. It's been in transit for a week!

25 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I haven't received any status updates for two days now and the package is still not showing in the Finnish postal tracking system. Damn this wait without knowing whether my package is still cruising around US postal facilities or actually on its way here is excruciating.

What baffles me the most is how differently all these packages around the world show up in tracking. My fellow Finn and MB member hornist has step-by-step tracking and mine is in limbo and every other story here just makes it seem weirder and weirder how these things are tracked. Seems completely random.

I’ve heard nothing from them since the 12th and I don’t have a tracking number that would display over here but as I said with Titanic if I check that tracking number it stoped on 3rd of December “traveling to the next facility” and it arrived here no problem. Who knows?

50 minutes ago, Incanus said:

How long would it normally take?

Karol

On 12/10/2018 at 11:43 AM, Josh500 said:

Hey me too!

2ollbz.jpg

You have to switch the quantity option on La-La Land's website from "all" to "one".

My USPS tracking seems to be inactive for five days now, too.

3 hours ago, DrTenma said:

I'm not sure how bad the mistake in your address, I'm hoping that when the problem arrises I can convince the postal service that they have to send it to the appropriate address.

Out of curiosity, who was the employee that sent you the confirmation message? Mine was number 3... Just to see if there's a pattern there.

They've sorted it now. 

It was 2 originally. number 3 has sent me a message confirming they've sent one to the right address. Not sure where the mistake was if it was the mail service or LaLaLand. They responded within a day though, very quick! 

Highly unlikely that i'm getting it before Christmas though :(

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

I think my tracking is near identical to yourself. I received 4 of those automated 'in transit to next facility' updates and now nothing at all since the 12th. The last real update was on the 8th. No updates on the Royal Mail website either. Getting more worried now, especially as if it never arrives getting replacements could mean waiting a while if things go out of stock. Btw my order was for potter, die hard, schindler's list and twine. So pretty heavy/large. What about yours?

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

How long would it normally take?

Karol

As I have said before the record is 3 days but it can take as long as 2 weeks for a package to get here. Honestly there is no average when it comes to these deliveries.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

My USPS tracking seems to be inactive for five days now, too.

Now it says:

"6:35 - Frankfurt/Flughafen, Germany - Held in Customs":(

but then it says:

"6:35 - Germany - Proceeded through Facility":mellow:

Does it mean that it took my package just a second to go through the custom services and that they just brushed it aside and I won't have to pay any custom fees? Hopefully.

31 minutes ago, Incanus said:

As I have said before the record is 3 days but it can take as long as 2 weeks for a package to get here. Honestly there is no average when it comes to these deliveries.

So it is still likely to get there before you go away. :)

Karol

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

A friend of mine is getting status updates again. His package was shipped shortly before mine and arrived at the LA distribution centre 7 hours before mine. His arrived in Austria today, and if our tracking works the same way, that would indicate that mine is still idling around at the LA airport. What's worse, applying the same logic to my Intrada order would imply that that has been lying around at the SF airport for a week now...

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

So it is still likely to get there before you go away. :)

Karol

I surely hope so. Only 4 business days left before I leave.

3 hours ago, aj_vader said:

They've sorted it now. 

It was 2 originally. number 3 has sent me a message confirming they've sent one to the right address. Not sure where the mistake was if it was the mail service or LaLaLand. They responded within a day though, very quick! 

Highly unlikely that i'm getting it before Christmas though :(

I'm glad it worked for you! I hope there's a solution with my case...

Finally! From November 27 until yesterday I waited until Lalaland would fulfill my order. 2 Bonds and Harry Potter boxset probably started their trip to Poland. The last time I ordered Jurassic Park, the whole journey took 6 days. This time we have a holiday period and probably will not do without customs officers. How do you think how many pieces and what price did Lala land enter in the form on the envelope? 3 CDs and 30 $? Or 11 CDs and 110 $? I had 10 $ and 1CD at Jurassic Park. I'm just curious.

The status updates might be as useless as the "door close" buttons in elevators!

I didn't have any updates for 4 days, and on the 5th day, it suddenly said, it'll arrive tomorrow! But then, it did! :D

I found that my updates jumped between USPS and Royal Mail. One of them would know more than the other for a day then it reversed.

Although by the time it got to my local sorting office, USPS had updates but they were useless, e.g. 'arrived at facility', and RM had the detail.

Hence for those still waiting, try switching between Stamps.com, USPS and your local mail company, and you might get some more helpful info :)

3 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

A friend of mine is getting status updates again. His package was shipped shortly before mine and arrived at the LA distribution centre 7 hours before mine. His arrived in Austria today, and if our tracking works the same way, that would indicate that mine is still idling around at the LA airport. What's worse, applying the same logic to my Intrada order would imply that that has been lying around at the SF airport for a week now...

My package arrived today. I was among the first few orders and was very lucky that customs procedure went fast.

Last year the Jurassic Box arrived in January and was stuck in customs for over 3 weeks.

Seems to be a bit of a lottery.

2 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

Today's update

It finally arrived at LA...

what

I had something like that happening with JP and it still arrived on time.

Karol

Again, my question - when USPS says "held in customs" but after that in the exact same minute it is stated that the package "proceeded through facility", does it mean that my package went through the custom service without any attention being paid to it?

43 minutes ago, SF1_freeze said:

My package arrived today. I was among the first few orders and was very lucky that customs procedure went fast.

Did you get full tracking? If both my USPS packages have full tracking, my Intrada package has been stationary in San Francisco for a full week now. I hope it's just the tracking that's off...

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

The status updates might be as useless as the "door close" buttons in elevators!

I keep reading that they're often not connected, but I've never seen one that didn't work in Austria.

11 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Again, my question - when USPS says "held in customs" but after that in the exact same minute it is stated that the package "proceeded through facility", does it mean that my package went through the custom service without any attention being paid to it?

sometimes it's short and they release it right away

42 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Did you get full tracking? If both my USPS packages have full tracking, my Intrada package has been stationary in San Francisco for a full week now. I hope it's just the tracking that's off...

I keep reading that they're often not connected, but I've never seen one that didn't work in Austria.

Yes, i used this tracking website, which was faster and more detailled than usps tracking:

https://trackitonline.org

Is it wrong that I felt a little annoyed at this set being lumped in along with two other Wizarding World soundtrack releases in a Pottermore article?

This thing deserves its own feature on any Potter site!

https://www.pottermore.com/news/make-christmas-extra-festive-this-year-with-these-wizarding-world-albums

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I'm sure it has some function. 

But people often make fun of it, because the difference between pushing it and not pushing it is usually so marginal, as to be useless. Elevator doors generally close automatically after a few seconds. When you push the button, it closes maybe half a second sooner. 

10 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

But people often make fun of it, because the difference between pushing it and not pushing it is usually so marginal, as to be useless. Elevator doors generally close automatically after a few seconds. When you push the button, it closes maybe half a second sooner. 

If you're the only person in the elevator, or if something blocked the doors and they just re-opened, it saves you a few seconds of waiting. More importantly, those few seconds can mean the difference between going up right away and being blocked by another bunch of people seeing your open elevator door and running in. If you're in a hurry, or in an office building that has multiple elevators anyway, that's significant. My office is on the 8th floor, the four elevators for the lower half of the building only go up to 11 (ha-ha), so having other people in your car usually means making several additional stops along the way. I'm generally annoyed when an elevator does NOT have a close button. (Some even have TWO open buttons - which are indeed quite pointless - but no open button)

41 minutes ago, SF1_freeze said:

Yes, i used this tracking website, which was faster and more detailled than usps tracking:

https://trackitonline.org

That doesn't show anything that https://t.17track.net/ doesn't show - basically, it just combines the tracking of USPS with that of the Austrian post. But the labels are slightly different, and that worries me even more - because the (earlier) Intrada package only shows "Postaufgabe im Ausland" under the Post.at info, while the LLL order also has "Send item abroad (Export)". But the latter was 5 days ago, so if tracking is supposed to be continuous, that's not exactly reassuring either...

22 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

It's quite nice, when someone you really don't like wants to enter the elevator.