Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

7 minutes ago, rolltide1017 said:

My LLL account page still says awaiting shipment. This is my Christmas gift and now I’m not sure it will get here in time. 

Another Christmas ruined!

Join the Club.

:sarcasm:

Even if I already listened to PoA thanks to the web’s own Restricted Section That Should Not Be Named, the day the postman arrives with my boxset (missing kilohertz and whatnot) I’ll probably grab the package like a bird of prey.

Just now, Brundlefly said:

You live in Canada, that's literally around the corner. And you haven't got it yet?

My HP set is currently a little bit like Tom Hanks in The Terminal... stuck in an airport.

😑

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

When I was in Quebec last year my family sent me a Christmas card. It was submitted mid-December and arrived mid-January. Is that normal for Canadian postal service?

Well that's normal for Christmas time I guess.

Just now, Bespin said:

Well that's normal for Christmas time I guess.

But one month for a little card?! I sent them back an important document in a large envelope and it arrived in Germany within three day. That was before I got my fucking Christmas card!

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

But one month for a little card?! I sent them back an important document in a large envelope and it arrived in Germany within three day. That was before I got my fucking Christmas card!

Canada Posts are often on strike. It may explain the situation.

Just now, Richard Penna said:

Not familiar with The Terminal, I assume.

Well in french only of course!

12 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You didn't order it on the first day, within the first 30 minutes, did you?

No. I don’t remember the exact release date, but I ordered the night of November 29th.

3 hours ago, Bilbo said:

But there’s no post on Sundays!!

Oh contraire if you pay for it there is post on Sunday!

1 hour ago, rpvee said:

No. I don’t remember the exact release date, but I ordered the night of November 29th.

27th of November (at noon local time) was the first day you could order. 

So you ordered it 2 and a half days later. Still getting it in time for Christmas, most likely. Good deal!

Finally, a new tracking update...

UNITED STATES, LOS ANGELES, Arrived -> Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on December 16, 2018 at 10:34 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Meaning the package has spent one week (ONE WEEK) moving from the LA distribution center to the LA airport. I have no idea what USPS is doing.

The only way I might still get this before Christmas is if local customs just pass it through without closer inspection. And still no update on the Intrada order, that still seems to be lost in transit.

La-La Land sent me another package in case the first one with the wrong address gets lost. The funny thing is that the first one took 5 days to depart L.A. and the second 1. I don't think I'll get it before some vacations, but at least I'm confident now that eventually I'll get the CD's

2 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

La-La Land sent me another package in case the first one with the wrong address gets lost. The funny thing is that the first one took 5 days to depart L.A. and the second 1. I don't think I'll get it before some vacations, but at least I'm confident now that eventually I'll get the CD's

What if you get both sets, though? You gonna return one?

44 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You gonna listen to it right away when it arrives or wait for Christmas? :D

Er... I already listened to PoA, so... damage is done haha

Anyway, it was a self-gift for my birthday (November 27th), so I don’t have to wait :) I did my waiting!

Still no word on my package. Neither USPS or local tracking shows anything. I might not get this before Christmas unless it is moving outside the radar somehow.:( 

17 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Still no word on my package. Neither USPS or local tracking shows anything. I might not get this before Christmas unless it is moving outside the radar somehow.:( 

You don't even know whether it's in Finland or in Europe yet? :blink:

If it's like my case, I didn't get an update for five days, then all of a sudden it said it's due to arrive the next day! So not all hope's lost!

20 minutes ago, redishere said:

Er... I already listened to PoA, so... damage is done haha

Anyway, it was a self-gift for my birthday (November 27th), so I don’t have to wait :) I did my waiting!

"Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!" :P 

Happy belated birthday! 

2 hours ago, DrTenma said:

Maybe it’s the address?  Have them ship another box to me too, just to be sure.

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

My box got stuck in Helsinki since wednesday. I have a strong feeling(and hope) that you are going to have this before me, it is only a tracking problem with your delivery... 🤔

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Hopefully it will arrive one day this week unexpectedly. Something very similar happened to me with Dracula from Varese; no updates for about 7 days then one day I woke up to a notification saying it was, "onboard the truck for delivery."

Might just be staff cutting corners to get more mail through the door before Christmas and not scanning every item methodically?

4 minutes ago, hornist said:

My box got stuck in Helsinki since wednesday. I have a strong feeling(and hope) that you are going to have this before me, it is only a tracking problem with your delivery... 🤔

This reminds me...

I once traveled from outside the EU into Finland, and I remember the Finnish authorities almost detaining me at the Helsinki airport... This has never happened to me before. Something with my passport, although it turned out to be no big deal. I was like what the hell! But then, after a few minutes, they let me pass.

Seems like the Finnish authorities are very strict and by the book... Maybe the customs agents are, too!